Thread: Confused

Default Confused

Decided I'd try typing myself again but I'm now more confused than ever. I understand more about how Socionics works but when it comes to assigning IM's to functions I can't figure out where my irrational IM's go. It's like I have good use of all of them to some extent or another. Yet logic seems to be what I lead with meaning at least one irrational IM has to be placed as my POLR.. Which I can't really see happening. So I'm wondering now whether I don't really lead with a logical IM after all and really I'm just back at square one. Can anyone help me out?

Also I'm not willing to take any questionnaires if anyone is about to ask that. I've already taken so many and I don't have the resources or time to do any any time soon anyway.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Well as they say, no pain, no gain...

That hit a nerve. Hmm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you probably have to answer some kind of questions to help

What's your MBTI?

When you meet someone for the first time how do you act? What if you've known them for a long time?

Traits you'd value in your perfect significant other?

What exasperates you if someone else is talking to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    Well you probably have to answer some kind of questions to help

What's your MBTI?

When you meet someone for the first time how do you act? What if you've known them for a long time?

Traits you'd value in your perfect significant other?

What exasperates you if someone else is talking to you?
    I don't mind answering some questions. Just not too many because I'm stuck on a mobile device for the next few weeks, and also not the usual that are stickied because they don't really seem to answer much anyway.

I'm an INTJ. Although I can't really see how that'll help since these are two different systems. If only by association of correlation which may be inaccurate?

When I meet someone for the first time I'm distant but polite. To try and add more information (because I've been accused of being vague way too many times).. I don't effectively know how to judge how to act with people.. Actually I just have a complete lack of awareness of that completely. So I always stay on the safe side, making sure I don't offend anyone accidentally. However I'm not very good at actually getting involved with conversation and only tend to speak when spoken to (or when it's necessary). Hence the 'distant' bit. I'm very quiet and find interaction with strangers to be a chore. Unless it's business oriented.

With someone I've known for a long time.. I'm more 'relaxed' around them.. Not so formal.. But probably equally as distant. Actually come to think of it I don't really do conversation at all unless it's necessary. But I can be more amicable to small talk with people I know well. If I small talk with strangers it's because I'm making an effort to look like I'm interested in them (not always something I can be bothered to do) but if I'm small talking with people I know well it's because I feel I can do that.. Sort of like I can indulge in the pointless things in life easier.

Traits I value in a perfect significant other.. Hard to say because I haven't had a relationship nor am I inclined to have one but.. Maybe someone who can pull me out of my shell a bit.. Give me opportunities to explore and excel.. Someone who is okay with me being distant all the time and knows when to back off when I need space (really important)... Someone who is practical in daily life but still possesses a fun sense of imagination.. Someone who doesn't need emotional validation from their partner to feel secure (I can actually be good at giving validation to people close to me but it's more on who they are as a person and not to reaffirm where we 'stand' as a couple or whatever. So if someone's looking for the latter then they'll be sorely disappointed). Someone who respects my choices and decisions instead of trying to force me into different ones.. But someone who can nudge me a bit into trying a course of action a different way. A better way I hadn't seen before. I do appreciate that.

Things that exasperate me when someone is talking to me.. Needing too much emotional validation, ignoring logic, being pushy with me and ignoring what I'm trying to get across.. Not being open to seeing things in different ways. Closed minded people.. I can't think of much else.

I hope that's enough information to make something out of.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe PolR and underdeveloped Fi?

From your post it seems like you value Ne and Te and disvalue Se

Did you consider SLI or ILI?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    Fe PolR and underdeveloped Fi?

From your post it seems like you value Ne and Te and disvalue Se

Did you consider SLI or ILI?
    I was wondering either Fe PoLR or Role. But I don't know how Fe manifests in PoLR.. Maybe not as polite as in Role?

I haven't considered SLI but I have been typed LSE. But I really doubt Ni is my PoLR. Perhaps being an introverted creative subtype would account for the underdeveloped Fi?

As for devaluing Se.. This is a tricky one. Back when I was depressed and in an unhealthy state of mind I was very much ILI and had sporadic Se moments. But I've done a lot of self-development since then and my sensory awareness has changed a lot. I'll try and describe best I can how Se and Si manifests now in my life:

Si: I'm aware of dynamics in my body such as hunger, thirst, temperature, sluggishness.. I make sure I eat and drink regularly so that I don't feel any discomfort and also exercise so my muscles don't feel tense. I also wish that I could have my own living space to decorate how I wished. I spend a lot of time relaxing and chilling out and if I'm busy and I run out of energy I make sure I give myself time to recharge before continuing with my activities. I also like to alternate my activities regularly so I don't get bored or tired out.. A baseline of internal comfort is important to me. Although I don't go all on out. I can stand some discomfort if I can't be bothered at the time to change it or if it's necessary for 'gaining' something. Or in social situations.. I really hate it but I try my hardest to look interested and take part (although admittedly how well I actually do with that is anyone's guess lol). But I'm getting into Se now..

Se: I'm very inattentive to little details. For example, I rarely shave unless I need to go out and my clothes are usually in tatters and hardly fit me.. I rarely change them or buy new ones.. I make sure I go out as acceptable as possible (by saving specific good clothes for when I I go out) but inside the house I'm completely unaware and uncaring as to what I look like. When I was younger I was terrible when it came to brushing my teeth and taking showers... Only my parents drilling it into me for years has made it habit. Lately though as I've been actively taking more care of my body I've been concerned about my muscular shape and being able to show that off.. I've been making effort to assert myself more instead of passively accept circumstances and also I now have a lot of drive for future plans that will get me high up in society. On top of that I really love being 'in motion', something I think belongs to Se. Like fast cars, planes, running.. Anything that has rhythm. Most of the games I enjoy playing are car games or something like temple run.. Always has that motion going. I don't like it when my rhythm is broken (really don't know if this is Se.. Just guessing here).

Post edit: just to add on to Se, I rarely pay attention to what I eat or how specific food affects me. I'm not bothered about it all. I just eat to keep my body functioning.. Healthy if possible but rarely is it a concern. Eating feels more like something that has to be done than anything I actually enjoy spending time on.

The problem is if I was an ILI I wouldn't value Si.. Which I do to some extent? But if I was an SLI I wouldn't value Ni.. Which I think I do... I'm very good at perceiving the flow of time and predicting things that way. From what I can tell anyway. I haven't spent as much time considering it.. Maybe because I'm an Ni dom in MBTI and I've already made some suppositions there. How correct they are though I'm not too sure.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by ScarlettHayden; 09-02-2014 at 02:07 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden View Post
    I was wondering either Fe PoLR or Role. But I don't know how Fe manifests in PoLR.. Maybe not as polite as in Role?

I haven't considered SLI but I have been typed LSE. But I really doubt Ni is my PoLR. Perhaps being an introverted creative subtype would account for the underdeveloped Fi?

As for devaluing Se.. This is a tricky one. Back when I was depressed and in an unhealthy state of mind I was very much ILI and had sporadic Se moments. But I've done a lot of self-development since then and my sensory awareness has changed a lot. I'll try and describe best I can how Se and Si manifests now in my life:

Si: I'm aware of dynamics in my body such as hunger, thirst, temperature, sluggishness.. I make sure I eat and drink regularly so that I don't feel any discomfort and also exercise so my muscles don't feel tense. I also wish that I could have my own living space to decorate how I wished. I spend a lot of time relaxing and chilling out and if I'm busy and I run out of energy I make sure I give myself time to recharge before continuing with my activities. I also like to alternate my activities regularly so I don't get bored or tired out.. A baseline of internal comfort is important to me. Although I don't go all on out. I can stand some discomfort if I can't be bothered at the time to change it or if it's necessary for 'gaining' something. Or in social situations.. I really hate it but I try my hardest to look interested and take part (although admittedly how well I actually do with that is anyone's guess lol). But I'm getting into Se now..

Se: I'm very inattentive to little details. For example, I rarely shave unless I need to go out and my clothes are usually in tatters and hardly fit me.. I rarely change them or buy new ones.. I make sure I go out as acceptable as possible (by saving specific good clothes for when I I go out) but inside the house I'm completely unaware and uncaring as to what I look like. When I was younger I was terrible when it came to brushing my teeth and taking showers... Only my parents drilling it into me for years has made it habit. Lately though as I've been actively taking more care of my body I've been concerned about my muscular shape and being able to show that off.. I've been making effort to assert myself more instead of passively accept circumstances and also I now have a lot of drive for future plans that will get me high up in society. On top of that I really love being 'in motion', something I think belongs to Se. Like fast cars, planes, running.. Anything that has rhythm. Most of the games I enjoy playing are car games or something like temple run.. Always has that motion going. I don't like it when my rhythm is broken (really don't know if this is Se.. Just guessing here).

Post edit: just to add on to Se, I rarely pay attention to what I eat or how specific food affects me. I'm not bothered about it all. I just eat to keep my body functioning.. Healthy if possible but rarely is it a concern. Eating feels more like something that has to be done than anything I actually enjoy spending time on.

The problem is if I was an ILI I wouldn't value Si.. Which I do to some extent? But if I was an SLI I wouldn't value Ni.. Which I think I do... I'm very good at perceiving the flow of time and predicting things that way. From what I can tell anyway. I haven't spent as much time considering it.. Maybe because I'm an Ni dom in MBTI and I've already made some suppositions there. How correct they are though I'm not too sure.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?
    Here are some more specific descriptions that might help you with your type: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

GAMMA

+Se = durability and resistance. This quadra is well capable of defending itself and its position. For them power is not easy to acquire, as to do this they must resist the volitional Beta quadra. However, once it is seized, they can hold on to it despite all attempts at restoration. Protectiveness, ability to defend themselves against all force, ability to keep that which was acquired - these are the principles that they respect. This quadra can be called the quadra of criticism and reforms. In contrast to the 'fire' Beta quadra, which is oriented primarily politically, this quadra is oriented more socially.

+Ni = constraining their hot temper, these sociotypes prefer to advance gradually into the future, though they may sharply reject obsolete ideas, criticizing past mistakes. Advancing step by step, they generally believe in the linearity of development, i.e. according to their deep convictions, it is only necessary to remove obstacles, remnants of the past, and immediately this will open endless possibilities for growth. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheavals: they know how to conduct their work under conditions of change, risk and confusion.

DELTA

-Si = minmization of discomfort. They value good working conditions and are reluctant to change their routines. This element excludes harmful influences from external environment. This quadra cannot work during emergencies. They highly value convenience, comfort at their workplace, and good coordination at work.

-Ne = the unusual, alternative and bizarre. Despite its groundedness, this quadra respects unusual and talented people who offer creative alternative possibilities. The spread of new information is not impeded, no matter how avant-garde it might be. In Delta groups, there occur periodic flashes of sensationalism and spikes of interest centered around original people who put forward alternative ideas of development.

When you discover your type, let me know. I have a friend who sounds a lot like you and I have been trouble typing him!
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Thanks Iris. From what you posted I identify definitely the most with +Ni (it's practically how I approach my entire life) and the least with -Ne (it just seems uninteresting and not something I'd pay attention to). The Se and Si I'm still confused on. I can be protective and defensive against outside force.. I also have durability and resistance. But I like routine or 'predictable' schedules so I know exactly how much energy to put into things so I don't burn out. I'm good in emergencies though (I can become very assertive and 'know how' when things are chaotic.. Although I prefer things not to be chaotic, lol) but I like a certain level of change. I get bored if things stay the same for too long. I need new stimulating experiences that break routine every now and again.

I read in an ILI description that because of the ILI's naturally inert lifestyle they do place some importance on Si inner comfort and have a base line level there.. Do you think in a healthy ILI this could be more pronounced? Along with better access to Se development? I'm wondering if this is the case with me.. Also I could be an ILI-Te subtype.. Would that work?
    Last edited by ScarlettHayden; 09-02-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Would an ILI likely to be always in an external state of relaxation but never feel completely 100% internally relaxed? Because this is a problem I have often.