Thread: Can you help type me/VI me?

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can you help type me/VI me?

I have gotten typed as an INFP in the MBTI but when I look in socionics at what is supposed to be the INFPs correspondent (the INFj), I'm not really sure that I relate to it. I took a socionics online test and got INTp. However at this point I really don't know, so I'm going to include some photos of myself here and I guess write a little about myself!
    Ok so I am 18 years old and recently finished high school; I had a really rough time the first couple years of high school because I was very shy and never felt like I fit in. As a result of this, I did a foreign exchange year for my third year of high school and I started taking antidepressants; both of those life changes have had great effects on me and as a result of them I feel like I can actually live to my fullest potential. My foreign exchange year was v. difficult but as a result of it I have become a lot more outgoing and I am guessing at this point a lot of people would mistake me for an extrovert. My senior year of high school was fine, I enjoyed it more or less but at this point I am kind of between crossroads in my life and not sure what I'm going to do; I have one job in retail and i'm looking at getting a second one waitressing; I live with my parents and after I take some time off (hopefully to travel a little in Turkey or Latin America after I work for a few months) I would like to go to school for some kind of interdisciplinary degree dealing with urbanism/sociology/anthropology. I am especially interested in cities and the people in them; how cities function and how to keep up sustainable cities. I welcome any other questions you may have so that you guys can type me as well as possible! Thanks

http://it.tinypic.com/r/21nksiw/8
    http://it.tinypic.com/r/1z5r8fc/8
    http://it.tinypic.com/r/1zwlqvl/8

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI/INFp

One of the more clear examples imo.

Welcome to the forum!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

InfP IN SOCIONICS AND FINAL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome!!!! So nice to have another INFp
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Welcome.
    J'adore Beaudelaire.
    PS VIonics is controversial and I don't like to rely on pictures. You are very good looking, this is for sure
    Hope to see more of you to be able to dwell on the cognition.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without seeing the other responses, I thought IEI also. I couldn't see any other type for you, as far as VI goes.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i thought sei for some reason.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Oh? I think she clearly seems Se valuing rather than ignoring.

I'm thinking Beta NF. If IEI, likely Fe subtype.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, how come you don't feel you relate to the EII/ INFj description is socioncs? Which descriptions have you read?

I could see you being EII, it's not out of the question.

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty much 100% sure that I'm not a sensor at this point, so I really can't see myself being an S-anything. I am an extremely conceptual thinker and I am basically never living in the present moment, which is actually one of my larger flaws haha. And to wacey, I'm not sure exactly what about the INFj not resonating with me except for the fact that I get along really well with guys who I would type as ESTPs in the mbti (they tend to be very attracted to me too, moreso than other types I think) and in socionics the INFj isn't supposed to get along with ESTP at all.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you're getting things mixed up I get along with SLE or ESTp just fine. we have The same functions in the conscious block except we each value certain types of ethics. they Fe...ethics that reflects external emotion where I rarely show that veriety and instead I'm more melancholy and I value Fi relations
    -

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sup, if you're new to socionics, it's important to read up on model A since the way each function manifests depends on its position and the block it's in. That should make it easier for you to know your type but it may be a bit much to take in at first so maybe start by looking at easier stuff like quadra, romance styles, and temperament. Taking some tests can even be a decent starting point if you're lost (although not best to be relied upon). I find those things I mentioned a lot more general than model A though but it can still be beneficial. Welcome!

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Sup, if you're new to socionics, it's important to read up on model A since the way each function manifests depends on its position and the block it's in. That should make it easier for you to know your type but it may be a bit much to take in at first so maybe start by looking at easier stuff like quadra, romance styles, and temperament. Taking some tests can even be a decent starting point if you're lost (although not best to be relied upon). I find those things I mentioned a lot more general than model A though but it can still be beneficial. Welcome!
    I read the romance styles and temperament pages and for Romance Styles I am definitely the "Victim" one, it is basically exactly how I approach relationships. As for the temperament page, I probably fit the IP temperament most because I have naturally low energy levels but I do often walk very fast (stiffly though) and I tend to rush. I also tend to fidget a lot when I get bored and have been doing nothing. I'm not particularly active but I like to get where I want to go and I don't often 'stop to smell the roses' or whatever.. lol.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Lesfleursdumal,

The way you describe your interests and your emotional landscape remind me of my father, who I believe is a logical-sensory intratim (ISTj).

Logical-sensory intratim (ISTj)
    Si Te Fi Ne Se Ti Fe Ni (Myers-Briggs)
    Ti Se Fe Ni Te Si Fi Ne (Socionics – ego, super-id, id, super-ego)
    Leading functions: recalling stored data/impressions, structuring for efficiency, reviewing affective principles/motivating ideas, ordering perspectives
    Supportive functions: noticing immediate details, valuing for logical coherence, valuing for social cohesion, envisaging effects

I believe Beta quadra personalities (ESTp-ENFj-ISTj-INFp, SLE-EIE-LSI-IEI) have strong conceptualising/designing/developing, defensive and supporting functions, whereas the sensing introverts (ISFp-ISTj-ISFj-ISTPs/SEI-LSI-ESI-SLIs) have strong practical/logistical/providing, protective and aesthetic functions.
    LSI/ISTj would be TiSe. The leading functions you posted are MBTI ISTJ functions (Si Te Fi Ne). I see you have now at least acknowledged Socionics structure though.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lesfleursdumal View Post
    I read the romance styles and temperament pages and for Romance Styles I am definitely the "Victim" one, it is basically exactly how I approach relationships. As for the temperament page, I probably fit the IP temperament most because I have naturally low energy levels but I do often walk very fast (stiffly though) and I tend to rush. I also tend to fidget a lot when I get bored and have been doing nothing. I'm not particularly active but I like to get where I want to go and I don't often 'stop to smell the roses' or whatever.. lol.
    Cool, have you tried that socionics test?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

From the writing and the pictures, I'd say Fe-INFp.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI as fuk. (I, however, only looked at the pics and did not read...) super cool looking face.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one more hand for IEI here.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are SO pretty and SO IEI-Fe

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I thought SEI for a specific reason. She looks like other SEIs. SEIs and IEIs are and look in some ways similar, but there is no doubt in my mind that this girl has the SEI vibe. Only a video or a real life meeting could make me change my mind.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I thought SEI for a specific reason. She looks like other SEIs. SEIs and IEIs are and look in some ways similar, but there is no doubt in my mind that this girl has the SEI vibe. Only a video or a real life meeting could make me change my mind.
    You are a cruel sausage...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    You are a cruel sausage...
    Ah, I see, another Ne-valuer ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyes staring at the camera, but really past the camera=Ni
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Ah, I see, another Ne-valuer ;-)

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lesfleursdumal
    I wouldn't be comfortable typing you based on how you look, but I could always arrange a WSS interview and provide a complete analysis based on your personality. PM me if you're interested.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Eyes staring at the camera, but really past the camera=Ni
    Yeah, that's how I've generally seen it said (although some other VI stuff for this girl were used to type her, too). How would you differentiate Ne eyes from Ni in standstill pics? And Si from Se? I think my childhood picture with my SLE sis may show Ni eyes vs Se somewhat.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I googled and found this. Haven’t seen Si eyes described like this but I do agree somewhat with Ni eyes. That said, Maritsa apparently learned how to VI from this guy's stuff so yeah... His other stuff such as judging and perceiving necks as well as T/F foreheads and stuff are questionable, lol. Only saw Ni and Si but that's okay since most think IEI and some see SEI.

"Introverted Intuitive types have wide open, yet ABSENT eyes. These people are as far from reality as possible. They tend to live in their own world, and stick to their own understanding of things. This very feature is reflected in their eyes. Their wide open eyes, devoid of any squint, look into eternity, and don't pause on the material objects. These eyes make an impression that they don't see at all. If Extraverted Intuitive types see the essence of objects, Introverted Intuitive types see the essence of inner processes. They can easily tell you what a certain character trait will evolve into after 30 years."

"Introverted Sensory types have FLOATING eyes. Where Extraverted Sensory type is scanning all over you with his/her eyes, Introverted Sensory type looks at you as if he/she is scanning the background. As opposed to seeing the reality the way it is, they perceive a certain refraction of it that is somewhat close to the reality, yet tingled with their own vision. It seems that Introverted Sensory type always tends to be creative with his/her perception by adjusting it according to their present disposition. Also, these are the people that perceive the relationships between objects rather than the objects themselves. Introverted Sensory type can easily tell you that you place more weight on your right leg than your left one. Introverted Sensory eyes are slowly moving, either relaxed or squinted, as if adjusting focus."
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 08-25-2014 at 05:16 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se - Staring at the Lens. Looking directly at out has their attention. In a picture, has the shortest range of vision(seems to be looking at something closer than anyone else). Piercing Glare. Focused on Target and attentive to outside stimuli.
    Ni - Staring through the lens. Looking completely through what has their attention. In a picture, has the longest range on vision(Looking at something furthest behind the camera). Thousand-Yard Stare. Not focused on target and reactive to internal stimuli.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    @lesfleursdumal
    I wouldn't be comfortable typing you based on how you look, but I could always arrange a WSS interview and provide a complete analysis based on your personality. PM me if you're interested.
    What is a WSS interview tho?

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a WSS interview tho?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDc20slPyo - here's an example of me interviewing Point / Hkkmr

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Se - Staring at the Lens. Looking directly at out has their attention. In a picture, has the shortest range of vision(seems to be looking at something closer than anyone else). Piercing Glare. Focused on Target and attentive to outside stimuli.
    Ni - Staring through the lens. Looking completely through what has their attention. In a picture, has the longest range on vision(Looking at something furthest behind the camera). Thousand-Yard Stare. Not focused on target and reactive to internal stimuli.
    Thanks, makes sense and sort of how I see it. Any thoughts on Ne and Si? I guess differentiating intuition (Ni/Ne) in stills is what I'm most interested in. The mentioning of Thousand-Yard stare made me think of the Pod people, haha.

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any more writing I can do or have all basically confirmed my type as INFp? Because I feel like it's really hard to tell from just my paragraph and a couple of pictures. As for the video thing I don't feel like doing that

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is there any more writing I can do or have all basically confirmed my type as INFp? Because I feel like it's really hard to tell from just my paragraph and a couple of pictures. As for the video thing I don't feel like doing that
    Try a questionnaire?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not going to say it's easy to tell from a paragraph and a few pictures, but after a while you start getting a large catalog of people you've met in your life and interacted with closely. You just talk and look very much like just about every IEI I've known.

You can do the questionnaire which can help reveal a things about you.

Where did you do your foreign exchange and can you describe your experience there?

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    Not going to say it's easy to tell from a paragraph and a few pictures, but after a while you start getting a large catalog of people you've met in your life and interacted with closely. You just talk and look very much like just about every IEI I've known.

You can do the questionnaire which can help reveal a things about you.

Where did you do your foreign exchange and can you describe your experience there?
    I did the questionnaire; and my foreign exchange was OVERWHELMINGLY difficult and sooo lonely but overall I am glad I did it bc I am a more experienced and better person now. x

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lesfleursdumal
    extremely conceptual thinker
    Just a comment - while it's likely that, given you see yourself as an intuitive type not sensory, and probably have had exposure to various ways of seeing this distinction, that you're correct about being an intuitive type, I'd say being an "extremely conceptual thinker" does not rule out sensation focus to me.

In fact, I'd say it's quite possible for ST types to be exactly this. Yes sensation gathers the truly observable, but then thinking has to rationalize them, and how it does so needn't be literal and just a restatement of the facts, and could fit a "highly conceptual" mentality.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

pure VI I would say introverted and F. IEI, ESI, ...