Thread: What's your Socionics school of thought?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your Socionics school of thought?

What thinkers in the literature or from the forum have informed your understanding of Socionics concepts?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I really needed was Augusta and some of the real life stories people bring up.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Love is the drug for me.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A primarily classical understanding with an emphasis on quadra values. Aestrivex influenced my understanding most. He emphasized these areas as well as most work done by Rick DeLong and Expat.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rick probably. I loathe the guy on a personal level, can't stand his insufferable posts about male and female attraction (of course the world is mostly straight but we don't need to develop some psychobabble complementary theory that's snobby to the other side, it's just our animal natures) - but I have to give the guy business cred. He frameworks things in a way that's easy for me to understand.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have a BS from the Socionics School of Hard Knocks in Samarkand. I am my own authority.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanashi, Anndelise, krigtheviking, silverchris, and mushrooms
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filatova, Gulenko, Meged, Ovcharov, bits and pieces from Wikisocion, and personal experience.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Filatovan, Novichkoven,
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html