Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Boyhood

  1. #1
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Boyhood

    I just saw this movie and it was so amazing!! anyway, what type is the actor?

    Last edited by lemontrees; 08-20-2014 at 08:42 AM.

  2. #2
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,593
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dont know but im excited somebody else saw it and liked it

    (sorry)

  3. #3
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump

    also what type is the director...


  4. #4
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i dont know but im excited somebody else saw it and liked it

    (sorry)
    aw yeah i loved it! i couldn't stop thinking about it. and it made me feel so good and stuff about life, but not in a cheesy way. i thought the ending was just perfect too.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    It might be nice but I really wanted to see Chef

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beta, I think.

    Actor- INFp, prob Creative Subtype. He's obviously introverted. When casting him as a boy, the director described him as an 'ethereal', 'contemplative', 'sensitive', 'artistic-type'. That sounds...very INFp.

    Director-Given that he cast an INFp...he's probably beta. He seems ESTp. the more contemplative subtype. he described 2 sides of himself when he was younger- one artistic, solitary type (like the actor)--- the other begin outgoing, hanging out with boisterous boys and playing football, etc.

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I just watched this film today -- it's okay at best. I just found out about it a couple of days ago because it's playing at a small local theater. Only after seeing it did I google it to find out the degree of hype it has gotten. The entire film is structured around a gimmick. I just found it to be long and bland -- some parts were funny and poignant, others not so much. Watch the Seven Up documentary series for a more interesting and far more innovative use of the ideas employed by Linklater. I do however like Linklater -- especially his film Bernie.

  8. #8
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought the film was really good! It was interesting to see them grow up and just feel like the characters were really real. A few points were overly cliched and the story didn't go anyway, but it's an emotional journey to see these people grow up, including the parents.

    No idea about types. Boy actor's voice got annoying when he got old.
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  9. #9
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like, what's it about? Would I like it? Somebody sell it to me.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  10. #10
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Like, what's it about? Would I like it? Somebody sell it to me.
    It's about a kid who grows up.

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Like, what's it about? Would I like it? Somebody sell it to me.
    It's a coming-of-age film shot over the period of twelve years with the same group of actors.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McB View Post
    It's a coming-of-age film shot over the period of twelve years with the same group of actors.
    Did you enjoy it?

  13. #13
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Did you enjoy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by McB View Post
    I just watched this film today -- it's okay at best. I just found out about it a couple of days ago because it's playing at a small local theater. Only after seeing it did I google it to find out the degree of hype it has gotten. The entire film is structured around a gimmick. I just found it to be long and bland -- some parts were funny and poignant, others not so much. Watch the Seven Up documentary series for a more interesting and far more innovative use of the ideas employed by Linklater. I do however like Linklater -- especially his film Bernie.

  14. #14
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My guesses:

    Director- ISFp
    Boy- INFp (Maybe ISFp dunno...)
    Dad- ENTp
    Mom-ENTp probably
    Step-Father- Messed up ISTj maybe?
    Suomea

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •