Thread: Death Grips

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Death Grips

I looked into them a bit after seeing Contra's thread. I think the black guy's SLI, and the other guy's some sort of intuitive?

Last edited by suedehead; 08-16-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were my favorite group for like a year. Then they released more insane shit and I slowly let go haha. They are still pretty cool though, but they broke up (unsurprisingly). I've been wondering about their types. I remember thinking Flatlander, the third guy in the band, might be Gamma introvert. He really looks like an ILI to me. I remember thinking Zach hill seemed Se ego maybe. He was also in Wavves for a while and the vocalist in that band is SLE. MC Ride is still a mystery for me.

EDIT: actually Zach Hill reminds me of an IEI I knew and I think MC Ride is a dynamic type.
    Last edited by Contra; 08-16-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 09-16-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Andy Morin, third member.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So this is the guy from the OP:

---

MC Ride

Last edited by suedehead; 09-16-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MC Ride looks like all the ILIs I crush on.

So, ILI.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    MC Ride looks like all the ILIs I crush on.

So, ILI.
    Interesting. I've been thinking about their types recently. He does have an interest in very intuitive type topics. Maybe more Ni-ish than Ne. And there is something sort of antithetical about his stage persona and his real personality so I think he is weak Se. The band as a whole seems to have a sort of Te interest in technology and the future or whatever (I'm stretching a bit there but there is just something in there music that strikes me as Te). I'm not here to say that Ride is ILI but he might be. I could actually see him being something weird and unexpected like EII. I don't know though. He never really truly reveals himself. I think Andy Morin is SLI, ILI, or LII but my first guess is SLI. I think Zach hill is either IEE or SEE. I'd venture IEE.
    Last edited by Contra; 05-08-2015 at 07:39 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niggas on the moon is, imo, their best album. Even if it's just Side A of the powers that b.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liz Liles aka Mexican girl was featured on Lord of the Game and was Andy Morin's girlfriend

Andy and Liz

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i wasn't sure at first, but it all fits. The violent undertone to the music, the unfiltered sort of anti-Fe attitude, the privacy, doe-eyed expressions, etc. Maybe too out-there for delta, too.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Well, i wasn't sure at first, but it all fits. The violent undertone to the music, the unfiltered sort of anti-Fe attitude, the privacy, doe-eyed expressions, etc. Maybe too out-there for delta, too.
    I agree. I think it fits. Andy could actually be ILI. I think I VI a bit like him. Zach could be SEE. They don't all have to be in the same quadra but it would make more sense.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an interview of Ride. Never actually seen an interview where he answers all of the questions.

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/de...-x-alec-empire

Other interviews of the band. Zach usually does most of the talking but I believe Andy does too on one of them.
    http://www.spin.com/2012/11/death-gr...love-deep-web/
    http://thequietus.com/articles/06583...iew-exmilitary
    http://www.aqnb.com/2012/04/23/inter...h-death-grips/

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crAck, so you're typing Mc Ride as an EIE-Ni-C like @mrrrmaid EIE-C? I can't see any similarity in them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    Yeah, that bothers me too. Even same types (as full as my typing goes) are different, I guess. I was actually considering maid might be IEE-D(ENFj), which is very probable for this simple reason: To me, DCNH is one's foremost "vibe", and I did call her a ENFj. By my VI tips, either is possible (oval face). She does not give an EJ vibe to me, and furthermore her vibing Te (D = Fe/Te fixation; one is usually one 80% of the time but 20% the other, besides that both are usually combined together with one still being predominant)? Not a chance in hell. There are a couple D's here, introverts even, but they're EJ (bossy, domineering, dominating) as fuck. Beyond that, I've known via the internet other introvert D's, and there's no doubting they're EJ. One introvert F, even, an IEI even more (should be very un-Se), and... fuck that guy.

Perhaps the explanation for the difference is simply gender. maid = girl = encouraged to be F; Ride = man = discouraged F -> thus, his Fe is so low. (You also have to take into age (I'm not sure maid is passed her Tertiary development timeframe?) as well as other life circumstances (e.g.: Ride wasn't always a performer, I don't recall what I read hours ago but before somehow being plucked into music he was an uneventful boring pizza worker))

I had some more comments re: maid I was waiting to post, but I decided I'm just done with that thread. Too much headache for me.
    I'm 24 - so just under. Also I just tagged you in that thread before I saw this so feel free to ignore that tag!

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that bothers me too. Even same types (as full as my typing goes) are different, I guess.
    agreed 100%, I wanted to provoke you and see your answer tbh... still tho...

By my VI tips, either is possible (oval face).
    Is that an idea of yours? Isn't that the same content that JohnDoe used to make the face correlations thread? Where did you get the idea? Does it work? I've been thinking of it for some people and can see its merit a bit...

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's cool @crAck, and agreed it's a mess. Given 3 variables: type, DCHN, and enneagram, it's hard to establish which trait should be predominant; say you're an IEI -D e1, then what? why aren't you just a LSE -H e2?, and so on...
    Maybe she was actually ENP though and my entire typing of her (which I did before the DCNH stuff) was wrong though.
    there there, it's ok..

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I freakin love death grips

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MC Ride - ILI? @Sol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    MC Ride - ILI?
    looks P-I. so mb

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    looks P-I. so mb
    Do you feel he's more N or S?

I agree with the IXXP also.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Do you feel he's more N or S?
    some closer to N
    for T-F controversive impression. videos could be better

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MC Ride - ESI-Fi

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by VI, MC Ride looks Te/Fi valuing introverted and probably Ip>Ij. First guess ILI rather than SLI.

His right shoulder is covered in a veve, pharus for one of the loa. Is anyone familiar with vodou and able to quickly identify which spirit this particular veve invokes?
    Right ribs, pi to six decimals, scrambled for some reason. Pi could perhaps indicate a rational or practical outlook (although it is an irrational number, it’s determined by a specific ratio)
    Right arm, spider (schemer who waits, or, the storyteller)
    Right chest, memento mori
    Right floating ribs, the anatomical skull — delectatio morosa
    Centre chest, pentagram — protection
    left chest — the fly from Ringu (I’ve once described Ni as experiencing an amorphous bleed between concept and manifestation)
    left shoulder (front) — looks like text in cipher. Appears as if there isn’t much there; a few letters only, so I won’t be having a crack at it for now, but it could be a relatively simple cipher rather than a visual code (16 square, shaded or unshaded, would more than suffice for latin+alphanumeric… maybe an additional 'fifth' square in the top row to indicate whether letters run together (spaces are always too telling)
    right shoulder (front) — he’s literally telling you his sociotype, lol (white triangle with black circle behind), He’s Ni base, Se creative, the ultimate γ type.

By the way, one of my tattoos is very similar to one of his, and if I had a lot of tattoos the way he has, they’d almost certainly run along the same lines. The reason I went into the cipher a bit was to illustrate the point that he may have come up with it himself; ILI are all fives basically. Having invented only one successful code and devised a few ciphers, I’ll say the latter wants a much smaller time investment. If someone is attempting to decrypt a message, one of the most serious vulnerabilities are spaces as I’ve said, and by eliminating them, a cipher can disguise its one-to-one alphanumeric correlation, masquerading as something more complex, and increasing decryption time.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JPEGMAFIA looks similar to MC Ride

https://netstorage-legit.akamaized.n...pg?imwidth=900
    https://www.loudandquiet.com/intervi...-are-infinite/

anyway, obvious IEI is obvious
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples