Thread: Islamic State

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Islamic State

The only real reporting I've seen on the Islamic State is from VICE who have done a real documentary on it.

It's really interesting viewing and well worth watching.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TLDR: InvisibleJim wants to enforce Sharia law upon 16types.info

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shudder*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're pretty brutal, but it's a possibility that their crimes are being exaggerated by the media, possibly for shock value to grab ratings, possibly to ease acceptance of foreign re-intervention in Iraq.

e.g.: Human rights organizations haven't found evidence for the recent "700 people massacred" figure; it may have been closer to 100. Reports from troops evacuating Yazidis on mount Sinjar suggested that conditions there were slightly better than the media hyped them up to be.

And for all their faults, they seem to be pretty efficient at enforcing laws and stamping out corruption. Radicals (like their cousins the Taliban and even the early Zionists) are both ruthless and usually comitted to their principles.

Blargh, it's all conjecture at this point with little reliable evidence either way.
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"The first casualty of War is Truth"

There are at least two sides to all wars. We can judge them as monsters, and would possibly be quite close to the truth, but then again, they are taking or planning to take control over a region that has been controlled by horrible dictators (and/or the west) for very long, rulers suppressing, bringing war upon and/or discriminating (parts of) their own population.

This is a Beta uprising (…) and thus there is strong ideology behind it, but the reason they get so much power so fast, and have so many followers, is what I said above. Nobody would support brutality if they were fed bread and circus. It seems the world needs constant reminders that suppressing a region or a culture leads to Beta revolutions/insanity (Germany/HitIer).
    Last edited by Ananke; 08-20-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're bringing Socionics into this.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    You're bringing Socionics into this.
    Yes, I did.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty scary crazy. Worth mentioning that plenty of muslims are also afraid of this extremism. I think the trouble with Islamic extremism is that by it's nature it seeks to overthrow those less aggressive including the majority it was born in. A frenzy can take hold of many caught in it's path and it build up power like a snowball.

I totally agree with Ananke re: comparison to ******'s popularity.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hamas leader: Don't compare us to ISIL

http://news.yahoo.com/hamas-leader--...193125056.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's a silver lining to this whole situation I hope it involves the permanent destruction of that blasted sykes-picot agreement.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just want to outline the distinction that the so-called Muslim World is not a single unified thing, and attempting to categorize as such is kind of silly because of geographical / regional differences etc. e.g. my part of the world is so far removed from IS that it would be a stretch to accommodate or note its influence or effect on my life.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find interesting about the video is that they wear American clothing!

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

James Foley found out the hard way what Islam is really about.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

some related videos from VICE

Last edited by silke; 12-13-2014 at 07:21 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isis hired Cartel to show them how to tactically install fear. Just a cool little factoid.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.