Thread: Farewell Delta

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Farewell Delta

It's been a wonderful 4.5 years dwelling among you lovely people, as a little bit of an ugly duckling (perhaps). Recently, a strong case was made in favor of me being ILE (not IEE), and upon further study of the ILE descriptions and consideration of those arguments, I have to say I agree.

You all had taken me in with open arms and warm welcome (even Maritsa who in spite of her insistence at an SEE type for me, accepted me in Delta anyway); I appreciate that and will always remember your inclusiveness, affability, and good company. I bid you farewell, but this is not forever -- with my new identity upon me, I will still hold you close to my heart and visit often.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Does this mean that you'll start being more terse finally?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you're moving, why have you got your types with x's in them? Still unsure?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    If you're moving, why have you got your types with x's in them? Still unsure?
    I'm about 80% sure, just havent had a chance to fix my profile yet...i'm on the road this wk

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Does this mean that you'll start being more terse finally?
    since when are ILEs terse?
    i'll continue speaking my mind when and how i want to.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aw this thread was kind of cute. I think SEIs will be much gentler on you than SLIs.

that being said the cliche disclaimer ~~don't let a type description guide your behavior. you are who ya are and this stuff is just supposed to help describe you bit better.

what do you think your etype is?
    Last edited by blackburry; 08-15-2014 at 04:52 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Awww...you are loved anyway
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adieu.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK so can we date or what?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    aw this thread was kind of cute. I think SEIs will be much gentler on you than SLIs.

that being said the cliche disclaimer ~~don't let a type description guide your behavior. you are who ya are and this stuff is just supposed to help describe you bit better.

what do you think your etype is?
    blackburry i 100% agree with you, which is why i thought mercs comment was kind of ridiculous. I actually am not sure what my etype is...any thoughts?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always got 6w7 vibes from you myself, WA. What do you think?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Lol this is a joke right?

Because obviously an ILE would write a 'farewell' to the 'lovely' people they 'still hold close to their heart'. Lol.

I still think you're IEE. Buuuuuuuuuuut of course I've switched self-typings a million times, so I'm not one to judge, and I'm all in favor of exploring different types.

Enjoy Alpha quadra! I left a seat warm for you.
    well that's precisely the problem...there is this stereotype on this forum of ile's being these socially inept autistic robots, and i'm coming to realize that's far from the truth. That's not what Fi-POLR is about.

thanks for keeping my delta seat warm for me though...maybe i will return, we'll see

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WorkaholicsAnon I'm curious though. Who made this 'strong argument' for ILE? I want to hear it and blow it to smithereens. And the credibility of the person who made this argument is important too.
    it doesnt matter who it was because my decision ultimately rested upon my own judgement of what i have since read about ILEs. Actually it was more than one person who felt that way for some time and kept that impression to themselves. and i was receptive to the idea because i have been questioning my type myself a bit lately. However, those impressions others shared with me were nothing more than catalysts to get me to consider and look into it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a stereotype of being socially inept at all. You may have missed my point. An ILE wouldn't care about maintaining relationships with those they've left nearly as much as an IEE would. Nor would they think that simply switching the categorization of something would somehow alienate their position towards other people.
    also, how do you know i would go on to maintain relationships? heck even in delta i havent really maintained much. although, anyone can maintain relationships...youire making it into an all or nothing thing, which it isnt.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    well that's precisely the problem...there is this stereotype on this forum of ile's being these socially inept autistic robots, and i'm coming to realize that's far from the truth. That's not what Fi-POLR is about.

thanks for keeping my delta seat warm for me though...maybe i will return, we'll see
    I fully support you in this endeavour.

Here is what Reinin has to say about his PoLR:

Function#-3 – subjective ethics ():problemsolving.Itis typical of aDon Quixoteto fall in love with someone. He/she is inclined to idealize theobject of the affection, admiring his/her merits or skills. However,when it seemsimpossible to protect the third function and a problem in the sphereof relationships arises anyway, and then aDon Quixotebeginsto diligently search him/herself.Thecloser the person is the more painful the changes are in this area.Whenanother type would typically cut you off a DonQuixoteoften forgives, especially if it is a close friends.
    And his tract on the mobilizing function:

Function#3 – objective ethics ():a DonQuixote'sself-worthisbased on other people’s attitude and their relationships.Perhaps for this very reason Aušra Augustinavičiūtė (a DonQuixote)developed socionics as a precise tool for the analysis of intertyperelationships.Whydid they give that look to me?What did they say? DidI hurt somebody’s feelings?How can I say “no”?Thissort of questions constantly disturbs a Don Quixote.For this reason he is a bad leader.His third function is constantly sufferingin a position of power. The psychological price of thejob for a DonQuixoteoften seems to be too high. As a rule, he does notseek to be a leader;he thinksit isa burden (a Napoleondoesnot think so,for himit is a place of ideal realization).
    Theprinciple of DonQuixote'sself-assessment is this: “If they love me, appreciate me, then I ama good person”. Positivefeedback is a source of considerable increase of energy (maylead to euphoria).But when something goes wrong, relationshipsturnsour then his spirits arelower, the energy evaporates,everything looks terrible,and joyof lifeis quenched.Ifthe negative outlook on life is lingering,low self-esteemleadsto anillness (a neurosis).In the basis of this neurosis lies the mechanism of subconsciousself-justification: “Iam good in general, it is just now I amill”.It is a way to avoid negativefeedbackfrom one’sreference group. Protecting the third function aDon Quixotetendsto reason(“you misunderstood me") and mendbroken relationships.He doesnot seek to change partners.People of this type tend to blend into the background of their socialgroup; theydo not like to impose their will on others.
    However,sometimes they chose to rely on the “minus-defense”: “Iam sobad, worsethan you can imagine,no one can approach me or talk to me.Acceptme just as I am".Thenit is easier to deal with this type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    I fully support you in this endeavour.

Here is what Reinin has to say about his PoLR:

And his tract on the mobilizing function:
    Wow, those excerpts are SO spot on for me. That's amazing. How did i not see this before?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    Always got 6w7 vibes from you myself, WA. What do you think?
    I dont disagree, but I dont know much at all about enneagram.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say how many of your post I have read, but I can say that found them all Fi/Te kind of subjectively unengaging.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Can't say how many of your post I have read, but I can say that found them all Fi/Te kind of subjectively unengaging.
    Sorry that i've failed to entertain you.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry that i've failed to entertain you.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Interesting, I fully support deciding on your type for yourself, but I can't help to say you really don't seem ILE to me in anything you write. You've always striked me as Fi ego and delta, but what do I know. Have fun in alpha though

bye WA

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, maybe I'm ILE too.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WorkaholicsAnon Look, I was thinking about posting how I would be open-minded to your being ILE and support you and everything, but I can't do it. It's too stupid. You've been IEE for almost 5 years now, since September 2009, at least 4 years that I remember, and now you're switching to the most conversational, open-about-their-reasoning, debate-oriented, society-challenging type in the entire socion (outside of maybe LIE), and you won't even share your freaking reasoning?????

Give me a break. You can't even share this "strong case" made for your type of ILE? I would like to hear it. (and would also be interested in WHO made the case, if you're willing to share)

It's been 2 & a half days now and you haven't shared anything.

I'm sorry. I'm not blindly supporting this typeswitch. You can't just say one thing FOR FOUR ALMOST 5 YEARS, then all of a sudden switch without even giving a half-decent argument or explanation or anything, and expect people to support you.

I'm even willing to hold back my disagreements, since it seems we won't see eye to eye anyway, but at least share your reasoning. C'mon now.

What is this "STRONG CASE"?????
    Look, William, the reason I haven't explained my reasoning to you is that i dont feel the need to explain myself to you. I really dont care to convince you to accept my new self typing. You are not someone I consider well-versed in socionics (heck I'm not either, as you can see), so further debate with you over the topic is pointless.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEIs will be much gentler on you than SLIs.
    Yeah, leave the SLIs to me. Thanks.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's alright, Ti types don't have to explain their reasoning, they're just always right.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-IEE >> any Ti-type
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Yeah, leave the SLIs to me. Thanks.
    i think its hilarious how some ppl just assume I'm a guy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say there was really any debate at all. Just this Fi "i dont feel" this or that.

I don't care about you trying to convince me either. It's not about that.

I'm just surprised you haven't explained your reasoning to anyone. There's this mysterious "strong case" out there that you're ILE. Well, if it's so strong, why does it have to remain in the shadows? And why do the people who made this "strong case" have to remain unknown?

Furthermore, I'm a bit bothered by the response of everyone else on this forum. More of this 'we'll accept you make this choice' and 'do whatever you want' without critical thinking or discussion. Might as well call this an Agreement Forum if everyone is about making friends, not rubbing people the wrong way, and not posting their real opinions.

Maybe you're ILE afterall. Maybe you think I'm not well-versed in socionics (?). But even with those 2 assumptions, why are you so touchy on the subject of explaining your reasoning, in the thread in which you announced your type switch due to this "strong case" in your original post, but then you won't say what it is?

I mean, even Ti-creative people like hkkmr or Aqua who might not like me at all, and think my reasoning is shitty in a lot of ways, are usually willing to explain to me WHY they disagree. There's this almost commitment to reasoning to at least voice your thoughts, in hopes of it connecting with the other person. After you voice it, if it still doesn't click, then there can be a consensus of 'well to each their own' or 'screw you' or whatever, but it's never BEFORE. I haven't seen them really be RELUCTANT to post their reasoning in the manner in which you're acting.

From you, I feel this reluctance to explain reasoning from an Fi-creative way, where now you've attacked my credibility (te-valuing) and are trying to distance yourself from ME. You're trying to distance yourself from responding to ME. You might not like me. That is perfectly fine. But that's clearly an Fi-Ego mode of acting, because you're refusing to interact with me moreso based off of the relationship rather than simply ATTEMPTING to explain your reasoning.

I'm still hopeful you'll share what this "strong case" is, but honestly I'm not expecting it anymore. I suppose you'll just write this off, make another snarky comment, be mad at me for not supporting your new self-typing. Whatever. I've made my points. I do think you're still IEE. I think the manner in which you've conducted yourself in this thread is also further evidence of your being IEE as opposed to ILE. I also think there are of course other emotional-motivators behind the switch to ILE, beyond what the pure socionics says.

I still like you as a person of course, if I hadn't said that before, but I find the manner in which you're acting to be incredibly inconsistent with that of an ILE when their reasoning is attacked.

Have a good night.
    wow what a diatribe you wrote!

there are a lot of reasons for my type chg...i simply do not have time to write them all out for you or anyone right now.

anyway, I'm flattered that, in contrast to the NIMQ sentiment, people actually want me in their quadra. that's really sweet. and i absolutely do like you.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, I'm a bit bothered by the response of everyone else on this forum. More of this 'we'll accept you make this choice' and 'do whatever you want' without critical thinking or discussion. Might as well call this an Agreement Forum if everyone is about making friends, not rubbing people the wrong way, and not posting their real opinions.
    It's irritating when someone claims to be a type that seems patently wrong to you, I get that.

But regarding "this forum," you're focusing on the responses that you see, especially the ones that rankle. You're not noticing all of the non-responses. For example, I certainly don't think WA is ILE, but it's not like I'm capable of dissuading her. She made up her mind, for now, to go with ILE.

Look harder--you'll see a range of responses, from "no fucking way" to "do whatever you want" to *crickets* to omgthat'ssocoolIalwayslikedyousoittotallymakessens ethatyou'reILEsonowI'mgoingtotalktoyoueventhoughIr eallydidn'tbefore. The last type of response is evidently bugging you because it seems socially artificial to suddenly show more affection to someone because of a label change. Right? But some people use this forum as a laboratory for trying out personality types. You cannot stop it, man.
    Last edited by golden; 08-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN CHUTNEY View Post
    It's irritating when someone claims to be a type that seems patently wrong to you, I get that.

But regarding "this forum," you're focusing on the responses that you see, especially the ones that rankle. You're not noticing all of the non-responses. For example, I certainly don't think WA is ILE, but it's not like I'm capable of dissuading her. She made up her mind, for now, to try out this type.

Look harder--you'll see a range of responses, from "no fucking way" to "do whatever you want" to *crickets* to omgthat'ssocoolIalwayslikedyousoittotallymakessens ethatyou'reILIsonowI'mgoingtotalktoyoueventhoughIr eallydidn'tbefore. The last type of response is evidently bugging you because it seems socially artificial to suddenly show more affection to someone because of a label change. Right? But some people use this forum as a laboratory for trying out personality types. You cannot stop it, man.
    also, some ppl tend to only frequent their quadra subforum...i know i tend to do that. that could account for less prior interaction. however, i have interacted with SEIs here in the forum, in thepast, and those interactions have been invariably positive. not that that argues for or against ILE vs IEE, since semi-duality is also a very positive and attractive intertype. My point in saying this is that my interactions have not changed...perhaps William is just noticing certain things for the first time because he is being more hypervigilant of me since he has doubts about my type change.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    So if you're leaving delta, then there is definitely an opening. Who do I submit my application to?
    William is keeping my Delta seat warm for now, but there would be an opening for you regardless of my "status". can always find another chair and open up the circle.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

William is keeping my Delta seat warm for now, but there would be an opening for you regardless of my "status". can always find another chair and open up the circle.
    Filthy ILE! Keep your democratic bullshit out of Delta!! Obviously to get a seat at the great round table of Deltaism one needs two members to reccomend you to the circle. Than we all look at pictures of the applicant and vote based on wealth, power and physical attractiveness. After that the applicant has to hand in an essay on the Moral state of the world OR the finances of a third world country. Finally he needs to create an IKEA furniture adequately and within a pre-set time-limit to prove his handiness. Only after that can we, aristrocratically right rules or this world, truely accept the applicant as a member!!!

jk jk

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:05 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    Oh, I carry my own lawn chair with me in a carrying case wherever I go, slung over my shoulder, just in case I tire and need to sit down somewhere or find a circle without enough chairs
    Perfect!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WorkaholicsAnon Look, I was thinking about posting how I would be open-minded to your being ILE and support you and everything, but I can't do it. It's too stupid. You've been IEE for almost 5 years now, since September 2009, at least 4 years that I remember, and now you're switching to the most conversational, open-about-their-reasoning, debate-oriented, society-challenging type in the entire socion (outside of maybe LIE), and you won't even share your freaking reasoning?????

Give me a break. You can't even share this "strong case" made for your type of ILE? I would like to hear it. (and would also be interested in WHO made the case, if you're willing to share)

It's been 2 & a half days now and you haven't shared anything.

I'm sorry. I'm not blindly supporting this typeswitch. You can't just say one thing FOR FOUR ALMOST 5 YEARS, then all of a sudden switch without even giving a half-decent argument or explanation or anything, and expect people to support you.

I'm even willing to hold back my disagreements, since it seems we won't see eye to eye anyway, but at least share your reasoning. C'mon now.

What is this "STRONG CASE"?????

ESE vs ILE spat.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE vs ILE spat.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)