123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bamp.

I thought somebody was iei 9 but now i'm wondering about 3. They are very diplomatic and smooth out conflicts but don't necessarily avoid them at all costs. sometimes when i'm upset they know when to just ignore it cuz it'll fizzle out and they don't take stuff personally. They can be passive aggressive but it's like in an active sort of way that can still be confronted if that makes sense? They are very active and always doing something, to the point that I wondered if they were eie at first. Like they exercise every single day and make a regular effort to live well. They love talking to people, like if you bring them to a party and walk away they will be fine. In conversation they show a lot of interest in the other person. They don't ostentatiously show off but they present themselves and other people in a good light, always seeing the positive.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really helps to know what triad these are from. Type 9 belongs to the instinctual triad, as opposed to the mind triad and feelings triads. The mind triad's intelligence is more about comprehension, the feeling triad is much more about emotional meaningfulness of the experience. The instinctual triad is responsible for exactly instinctual needs, and note that on some level, many mind constructs, feeling constructs and so forth come down to instinctual needs. Note that being in the instinctual triad needn't be a matter of having a good control over instincts. It just means you're fixated on that realm, at the exclusion of the others to some extent. One way this often manifests is conflict-avoidance, like you bring up but that's only one way. It can also involve spiritual seeking without really feeling connected to anything, and so forth (connectedness may come easier through the feeling triad, which the 9 is out of touch with). 9's approach to instinct is often such that they ignore the existential problem in favor of the instinctual one, which doesn't mean they don't have deep knowledge of the existential problem, merely that they may be noncommittal about it ever really having a solution. This could be due to a deeprooted sense of one's instinctual needs being met only conditionally, which leads them to be so fixated on this factor that the others don't seem real. Again, that doesn't mean they don't attain great knowledge, achieve great things -- no one such thing can be inferred. So you really have to look beneath the surface, beyond whether they're go-getters or not. Not all 9's are actually sad about their disconnectedness. They may be outwardly quite happy, and believe they are happy too. IEI and outgoing/party-oriented, well, it's possible, I mean it seems a bit more likely than a logic introverted type somehow, especially if Fe is really low in them.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Bamp.

I thought somebody was iei 9 but now i'm wondering about 3. They are very diplomatic and smooth out conflicts but don't necessarily avoid them at all costs. sometimes when i'm upset they know when to just ignore it cuz it'll fizzle out and they don't take stuff personally. They can be passive aggressive but it's like in an active sort of way that can still be confronted if that makes sense? They are very active and always doing something, to the point that I wondered if they were eie at first. Like they exercise every single day and make a regular effort to live well. They love talking to people, like if you bring them to a party and walk away they will be fine. In conversation they show a lot of interest in the other person. They don't ostentatiously show off but they present themselves and other people in a good light, always seeing the positive.
    Could be an integrated 9.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^thats kinda where my thoughts are at this point

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Bamp.

Have we met?