Member Questionnaire 1 (Neolux)
What is beauty? What is love?
It is hard for me to pinpoint one exact definition for these two things, because they are commonly identified things that can occur in a multitude of ways. They are also subjective. As for me, personally, I find many things beautiful. Personality traits are like ingredients. A certain combination can sometimes be beautiful, even if that same trait with another trait might not be. Therefore, its hard for me to pinpoint beauty. Love is a chemical phenomena that occurs in our brains. It feels transcendental, but it is really just a biological phenomena for the propagation of our species. However, even though I believe this, I still think it is beautiful, and would like to take part in it.
What are your most important values?
I value creativity, logic, open-mindedness, and keeping myself motivated to go out there and learn and accomplish things in the world. It's too easy for me to get distracted from keeping myself on track, but I try.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I am an Agnostic Atheist. I was raised a Christian, but turned away from it after seeing (what I perceive) as a lack of evidence. I don't hold religion against anyone who chooses to believe it, but the claims made by it are unfounded in my opinion.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Ideally, I would like world peace, though sometimes war is necessary. However, most recent wars have been unnecessary, in my opinion. The only two wars in American history that have ever been necessary, in my opinion are WWII and the revolution. I don't think many wars are needed, but some. Ideally, none would be. I have a few ideas on how to achieve world peace.

Power can be control over someone's body, mental or emotional state, or a lot of things, really. I don't know how to say what power is to me. I suppose I enjoy having power over my life's direction and the choices I make, but that's it.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I have had many long conversations about the ways of the world, how to live life, philosophical subjects, and the universe.

I am interested in typology as a means to understand myself and others. I am interested in computer programming as a way to implement my ideas. I am interested in math, because I think it is interesting, as it is fundamental to the universe. I am interested in Physics, as a way to understand the universe. I am interested in philosophy as a way to understand life.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I am interested in health as a way to improve my body. My body is a shell for my consciousness and mind, so I believe it is important to take care of it. I try to take care of my health, but I can oftentimes get distracted from it.
What do you think of daily chores?
I try not to think of them, much less do them.

Sometimes chores I don't mind, as a kind of meditation.
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I loved Harry Potter as a kid. I remember reading it over and over again. I recently read "Contact" by Carl Sagan and loved it. I haven't seen many movies, but I am interested in seeing more. It is one of those things I need to catch up on. I saw "Cloud Atlas" a while ago with my friends, and enjoyed it. I'd like to read the book.
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I have cried when I accidentally hurt someone, have been rejected, or someone says something that hits me in an unexpected way.

Jokes make me smile. When someone says something I agree with, but have not put into words, I smile.
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
The internet.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I can sometimes be arrogant. I can sometimes fail to see the social implications of something I say. As a result, I don't have many friends. I always say the wrong thing in social situations. In trying to make people like me, I only end up making them dislike me.
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I am creative and logical. Other than a mere machine for ideas and analysis, I don't see many strengths in myself, only weakness that I need to overcome.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
I need help sticking to my goals, making friends/keeping social connections, and learning to enjoy life.
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. This is caused by my life going in a wayward direction. When this happens, I seem to enjoy everything less. It's not really depression, but has a few symptoms of it.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like it when people take things that aren't serious nonseriously, and things that are serious seriously. Openness is a quality I admire, as well as not using everything to constant elevate yourself and take the moral highground. I admire people who make fun of themselves and others.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Unsure, as I don't have much experience with this.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I'd want to make the child as smart as possible, and try to give him as much knowledge about the world, people, and life as I can.
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inwardly, I wouldn't care much.

Outwardly, I may or may not challenge it, depending on the kind of friends we are.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I hate it when people make generalizations about people. "People are good, people are bad", etc. I see people as everything, a near infinite amount of combinations of traits.

However, I do hate smalltalk.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I am friends with people with common interests as me. Anime and video games, usually. We usually talk in a persistent sarcastic tone, and make fun of everything, especially ourselves.
How do you behave around strangers?
I act very shyly. I don't like to talk to strangers.