Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Isadora Duncan

"To seek in nature the fairest forms and to find the movement which expresses the soul of these forms — this is the art of the dancer. It is from nature alone that the dancer must draw his inspirations, in the same manner as the sculptor, with whom he has so many affinities."

"My inspiration has been drawn from trees, from waves, from clouds, from the sympathies that exist between passion and the storm, between gentleness and the soft breeze, and the like, and I always endeavour to put into my movements a little of that divine continuity which gives to the whole of nature its beauty and its life."

"Man has not invented the harmony of music. It is one of the underlying principles of life. Neither could the harmony of movement be invented: it is essential to draw one’s conception of it from Nature herself, and to see the rhythm of human movement from the rhythm of water in motion, from the blowing of the winds on the world, in all the earth’s movements, in the motions of animals, fish, birds, reptiles, and even in primitive man, whose body still moved in harmony with nature…..All the movements of the earth follow the lines of wave motion. Both sound and light travel in waves. The motion of water, winds, trees and plants progresses in waves. The flight of a bird and the movements of all animals follow lines like undulating waves. If then one seeks a point of physical beginning for the movement of the human body, there is a clue in the undulating motion of the wave."

"I could not adopt him so I married him. You know how wonderful he is, like all Russians. He starts reciting verse at two o'clock in the morning." (about her husband)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se ego ...?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

What a horrible death...
    VIs as ESI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    What a horrible death...
    VIs as ESI.
    And a striking life, in general ..I had to write something about her, a bio, and I´m quite captivated. She had 2 kids who also died via car when they were small; they were plunged off a bridge in the Seine in auto.

I was thinking she was Beta ST because of her beliefs in an inner harmony and will of nature that the dancer merely recreates. She doesn´t really see dancing as a way of expressing people´s inner lives, for instance ....

“The movement of the universe concentrating in an individual becomes what is termed the will; for example, the movement of the earth, being the concentration of surrounding forces, gives to the earth its individuality, its will of movement. So creatures of the earth, receiving in turn these concentrating forces in their different, as transmitted to them through their ancestors and to those by the earth, in themselves evolve the movement of individuals which is termed the will. (..) The dance should simply be, then, the natural gravitation of this will of the individual, which is in the end is no more nor less than a human translation of the gravitation of the universe.”
    Last edited by Amber; 08-10-2014 at 05:06 PM.