Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Conflicting Actors

This thread may be be better suited somewhere other than General Socionics Discussion.

Post potential examples of actors of conflicting types who appeared in a movie together.
    They should ideally be actors who played leading roles although this criterion can be lessened e.g. if at least one of the actors played a leading role or if there was a notorious bust-up.

You don't necessarily have to have any confidence in the types of the actors..it would actually be helpful for examples to be posted of actors who supposedly conflict according to "general opinion".

You could perhaps post a non-spoilered summary of the relationship between the characters in the movie (you can also use [spoiler] tags, what you think the types of the actors might be or what the\a "general opinion has" been, and also any info on how the actors got on (this may be on set, or whether they are encountered each other elsewhere e.g. if they are friends).

Someone could do some deeper analysis if they wish (which is pretty much the main goal of this thread).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Deer Hunter

Robert De Niro + Christopher Walken

I agree with a typing of SLI for De Niro, and I think Beta NF for Walken.

In this movie, the two characters are friends although they are part of a group of five and the relationship between the two is very intense due to the effects of war essentially (I don't think anything useful personality-wise can be made of that).

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walken
    When we were shooting The Deer Hunter, I had been working on this very difficult scene for two or three weeks, and then when the day came to shoot it I started to get real worried and I realised that my preparation was all wrong. I spoke to Bob about it, told him I was confused and he didn't even take time to think about it. He went out a door, came back through it and started moving through the room. It was the perfect solution - I did what he suggested and the scene turned out to be one of the best in the film. That's the mark of a genius like Robert De Niro, as opposed to a good craftsman like myself. But that's okay. We can learn so much from watching geniuses at work even though we might never reach their level.
    (De Niro is famous for being a method actor...this quote just sounds like Walken just does what he normally does and plays himself in each movie).

Director Michael Cimino convinced Christopher Walken to spit in Michael's face. When Walken actually did it, Robert De Niro was completely shocked, as evidenced by his reaction. In fact, De Niro was so furious about it he nearly left the set. Cimino later said of Walken, "He's got courage!"
    probably completely meaningless

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default James Franco & Seth Rogen

FrancoRrogen.jpg

James Franco is supposedly ESI. Seth Rogen seems almost certainly ILE.