Thread: Delta STs and Happiness

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta STs and Happiness

I was wondering if anyone thinks you delta STs are happy people? I got told that I always look happy and optimistic.

Might simply be not type related...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SlI??? *dies*
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    I got told that I always look happy and optimistic.
    The opposite is true for me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

HA aren't you a delta nf sprite n stuffz?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Handi, you are like a chameleon IEI>IEE>SLI??

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if anyone thinks you delta STs are happy people? I got told that I always look happy and optimistic.

are you one of the positive outlook types in the enneagram?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had three customers recently ask me why I don't smile. Which is ironic because they hardly smile either. Idiots.

If I want to smile at you I will. Get over yourself.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

slis smile with their benevolent eyes.u just gotta see.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I've had three customers recently ask me why I don't smile. Which is ironic because they hardly smile either. Idiots.

If I want to smile at you I will. Get over yourself.
    Assholes!

You keep on not smiling (or just doing whatever the fuck you want) and don't worry about what people think/say.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd be the first SLI I've known about to describe himself in this way.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are often emo as fuck.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Assholes!

You keep on not smiling (or just doing whatever the fuck you want) and don't worry about what people think/say.
    Introverts care about ehat people they care about think
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Introverts care about ehat people they care about think
    I assume he doesn't "care" about some random customer.

And why is caring about what someone you care about thinks, an introvert thing? That sounds like such a blanket statement.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This raises a good point. Is there is a function that dictates a tendency towards optimism and the appearance of being a happy person?

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extroverts appear to be more happy-go-lucky than introverts

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last couple of opinions I have gathered have been that I come off as, "solid and intimidating". Not going to lie, I actually really like coming off that way, considering my not wanting to gather new friends. Even though I come off this way on the outside, I'm actually observing everything around me on the inside. Observing my surroundings makes me very happy. Nevertheless, when these people have noticed this "solid and intimidating" manner and are wanting to interact with me, they see that I am anything BUT intimidating. I only maintain the solid stance with those people if I generally am not wanting to be their friend in return. Coming off as happy? Eh, not really, unless willing to make contact with others. We let those solid walls down once you get to know us and gain our trust.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Si-SLI friend is one of the happiest fuckers I know. Has trouble processing his more complex emotions though from what I gather.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mallan View Post
    The last couple of opinions I have gathered have been that I come off as, "solid and intimidating". Not going to lie, I actually really like coming off that way, considering my not wanting to gather new friends. Even though I come off this way on the outside, I'm actually observing everything around me on the inside. Observing my surroundings makes me very happy. Nevertheless, when these people have noticed this "solid and intimidating" manner and are wanting to interact with me, they see that I am anything BUT intimidating. I only maintain the solid stance with those people if I generally am not wanting to be their friend in return. Coming off as happy? Eh, not really, unless willing to make contact with others. We let those solid walls down once you get to know us and gain our trust.
    I feel the happiest in the company of Si. Other than that I feel as though all Delta ST want is love, stability of a relationship, someone who can put up with their grumpiness, harshness, straight forwardness, bluntness and who won't leave most importantly; however I do find that LSE are sensitive to positive and emotional environments. In any case, I like how I'm taken care of by LSE.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I should also say that though delta st pride on their independence I'm happy that I got an lse who likes it when we cook and share meals together as opposed to "hear bit** fend for your self in a place where you don't know where everything is and how to get around" I'm always so happy and relieved when he say " oh I haven't had that in a while" and I can say let's do that then. In a normal and happy relationship certain things are shared because that's what couples are for....to be in company of someone who makes them feel good
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Content is probably more applicable.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Companionship and relationships bring me happiness especially ones founded on strong moral grounds not necessarily religious ones. Because as my LSE bf said morality is love.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-22-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    -

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think SLIs usually tend to look happy, lmao. LSEs... depends. IEEs usually do though.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No more Delta ST willing to talk about this?
    -

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm uncertain that I'm a delta ST, but I'm rarely happy/optimistic, and no one has ever told me that I appear to be optimistic.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

c: is the face SLIs make once they've married someone in their mind.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx