Thread: what is it!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default what is it!

Geez....what is it about Te types and "you said this" and "I thought you were doing this" gosh darn it. Things change. I got sick. Things happened why do you always feel that things are going to go in a straight line?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe im a te type. but ive been dealing with a lot of unreliable people lately.

my friend and i were talking the other day about the difference between unreliable and dishonest. cuz she was correcting someone who speaks english as a second language when he said somebody was dishonest because they said they were going to do something and didn't. and she told him the correct word was unreliable. and i was like, no, dishonest works in that situation too. maybe it has to do with her having a higher tolerance for it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    maybe im a te type. but ive been dealing with a lot of unreliable people lately.

my friend and i were talking the other day about the difference between unreliable and dishonest. cuz she was correcting someone who speaks english as a second language when he said somebody was dishonest because they said they were going to do something and didn't. and she told him the correct word was unreliable. and i was like, no, dishonest works in that situation too. maybe it has to do with her having a higher tolerance for it.
    Sounds like semantics potato pOtAto
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Maybe they were just starting a conversation to see why something didn't go as you said it would? It sounds like they're holding you accountable to your word. When you say you're going to do something and then you don't do it, it greatly lowers your reputation and leaves a bad impression, and lowers their future trust in you.

How sick are you? Are you very sick, or did you just blow off something you said you would do because you had a cold or something?
    I said "I'm taking an art class on the weekend so I can't go out then how about during the week." I got the staph in my drawing hand and couldn't go to class but didn't want to tell him why because it makes me sad thinking about this so I avoid it. I was asked to go out to a cafe and I said weekend would be fine since I'm going to start private tutoring anyway. He jumped at me with "I thought you couldn't meet on the weekend. That's what you told me." Let's be fair, my cousin would have done this too. I just want to know why do people's sense of memory for things that happen has to be so acute. Relax!!!!
    -

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

Personally, I think it depends on intent. If they tell you they are going to do something while knowing they won't, it's dishonest. If they tell you they are going to do something, but end up being flaky about it, they weren't attempting to mislead you and instead they are just unreliable in setting and making plans.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If someone tells you they will do something with the intention of doing but don't they are unreliable. If they tell you they will do something with no intention of doing it when they tell you this they are dishonest. Both can be annoying. Deciding which one it is if you are going to accuse them doesn't often end well even if you are right. Just ask them and see if their explanation makes sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I envy emotivists who I find talk a lot more easily about stuff that happens to them physically. I just produce facts "I'm sad. It hurts on a scale of 10 a 7....are there drugs for this?"
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm thinking of a specific person who flakes out 90% of the time and always has some kind of excuse. i think they intend to follow through. but at this point they should know themselves and their limitations well enough to not overpromise. so its like come on, they gotta know themselves that they are full of shit. i see them as dishonest.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I agree that it doesn't seem like something to call someone out on. I probably would've been sad, but figured I didn't have the full story.

I just got done with a construction project, where my uncle was doing the foundation. He didn't show up as often as he said he was, and while it bothered me, I knew he would finish the job. He called off one of the days because he was sick. I believed him, but my wife saw him driving around town that day. She thought he lied to me, but I just thought he was too ill to do foundation work, which is hard labor, so I was more forgiving. She does use Te more than I do, so maybe it's that.

I really don't like when people call me out when l felt I had a legitimate reason and they think I was lying or something. When I was in college, I didn't show up for oil painting class because I was feeling really unwell, mainly from being run down from my part time job, which I was doing nearly full time. I had to sometimes work until 2a.m. and it would wear me out. The day I didn't show was to present our piece, which I wasn't finished with yet. The next day my professor and I walked passed each other on campus and he yelled at me and said that if I didn't feel well why wasn't my jacket zipped up. He had no clue what my life was like, so I explained my situation and I was thankful he extended the time for me to finish my painting.

So you draw Maritsa? What kind of art do you do?
    I have a wonderful SLI art teacher who is chilax as my ESE cousin coined it. He is an illustrator so he's fantastic. Comes from Lithuania and is old school in his discipline. He's hard on me which I like as I'm very serious and obsessive when I get into something. I like my surroundings and I draw where I am. I like to live among people though spmetimes I feel as though I'm invisible i still mildly sense how some people like me around and like seeing me. I like to capture my community or wherever I go. I'm by no means a realist as I often am not as detailed as I would like to be. I just want to capture the feelings of the people around me and maybe to show beauty in life in delicate ways. I would say I'm an impressionist as an artist. I'm drawing now. I will be until I have it down absolutely to my satisfaction then I will pick up a brush. That is the plan.
    -