TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Andrew W.K.

From Wiki:

Andrew W.K., is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, entertainer, motivational speaker, and music producer. He was the host of the television series Destroy Build Destroy. As a musician, he is known for his singles "Party Hard" and "We Want Fun".

http://thoughtcatalog.com/rob-fee/20...s-of-all-time/

"PARTY TIP: Puking is just the body’s way of making more room for party."

"PARTY TIP: Don’t worry. Stay positive. Let go of all the stress. Everything will work out. I’m hugging you."

http://pitchfork.com/features/interv...905-andrew-wk/

"Pitchfork: Is there pressure to live up to the Andrew W.K. persona?

AWK: Not really. Most of the time when I'm around anybody, it's a pleasure. And I rely on those moments to cheer myself up as much as someone else might be looking to me to make them feel good. Everyone knows that they're responsible for how they want to feel, but it's a real privilege to deliver a certain feeling to a person. It's always worth whatever effort it takes to get to that place."

Pitchfork: Do you ever find yourself writing a depressing song that might not make an Andrew W.K. album?

"AWK: I don't know, because I really, really, really like dark music and darkness in general and cynicism and pessimism and negativity because it allows you to create an even bigger contrast. And ultimately, it's hard to say exactly what a depressing song is. If it's intense, there's room for everything. I'm Andrew W.K., and this is my life, and I want it to contain every feeling. Being alive is inherently a positive experience, or you'd be dead, which is negative-- or who knows what happens."

"Pitchfork: In terms of including the demos, different versions, and live versions in the reissue-- there was a lot of talk that you didn't write this stuff, so did you feel any pressure to combat those rumors?

AWK: Well, I try not to take it personally. I've learned that when I have spoken up, it's put me in the position [where I've had] to talk about a lot of things that I don't want to talk about or can't talk about. So it's better not to talk about it at all. It's not really important to me whether someone else thinks I wrote the song. As an individual, it can feel frustrating when someone says you're not good at making music, or you don't know what you're doing, but that's all secondary in importance when it comes to the goal, which is just this physical sensation of excitement. When I get caught up in those kind of accusations or lies or even truths, it distracts from the main point, which is joy..."

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...ream-interview

"Q: People have an expectation based on your public persona when meeting you. Do you have to get in a certain head-space similar to that of going on stage when you're meeting fans?

A: No not really. It's actually very similar to the music. For example if for whatever I"m physically tired or had an injury or something like or just got in some really awful news, and I have to go play a song, the song itself takes over, and I learned that a long time ago when I used to think like "how am I going to go on stage after that phone call I just had" or "how am I going to sing these songs and get this energy while I have a 104-degree fever." But once that music kicks in, something much bigger than me takes over. Some force that I don't really know what it is, but I am familiar with what works to get that force in me. And the music is one of those things that just, I could feel like I was about to die, and when "It's Time to Party" kicks in, it's just this power surges from down below and up through me, and that takes care of it self. And it's not like an out of body experience, it's more like getting even deeper into your own body, in a weird way, it's like a feeling of being superhuman, like it's the greatest time of your life, even if other things aren't going so well, just having brief rinses of that kind of euphoric excitement, and enthusiasm is enough to help carry on through the more painful parts of life. "

My guess is ExE, potentially SXE but I think this is not as likely. I think / valuing, as his "philosophy of party" seems to be all about creating a positive emotional atmosphere. Saw him live a few years back and the energy was so amazing. I want to lump him in Beta due to his focus on intensity of emotion, but I'm not sure that is Quadra related, really. I'm leaning ESE right now but I'm bad at this halp plz.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE or SLE. He kind of reminds me of Anthony Fantano (SLE) of the Needle Drop but I can still see Ne dom for him.

His dynamic on Red Eye makes me definitely think logical.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILE