Thread: Can/Does your base function overheat/cooldead?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can/Does your base function overheat/cooldead?

I was wondering if your base function can overheat so to speak. Reading up on it it seems to be a mainly background function, kinda as baseline for everything else. Can base functions overheat and run rampant to the extend that you're actually getting anoyed by its imput and desperately trying to get in into control?

Alternatively, does it ever die out for you? Days/hours where you're missing something, kinda not having access to this vital force?

I'm wondering cuz it seems to be something that mainly happens to ignoring/demonstrative functions i guess, and is not supposed to happen with the base/creative functions.

I've had this experience with both Ne and Ni where in the case of Ne I can't stop generating new possibilities and alternative viewpoints. This is cool when i'm active, but completely and fucking annoying when i'm trying to sleep. Ni sometimes, albeit a bit less, does the same thing to me, where i'm extrapolating into the past/future replaying events or prognocizing events to the furthest implication possible (usually nothingness) where i desperately want to stop doing that cuz it's driving me crazy.

Alternatively, there's days where Ne is "empty" and is more of a want than a full thing. It prods me to find something engaging but doesn't offer suggestions. This boredom is a pretty annoying state and something i try to avoid, but every now and then I wake up and find that i've nothing that interests me to get me out of bed or into life and i'll be extremely distraught for that day.

Ni "boredom" seems to come about when there's actually nothing to plan, forecast or no-one to figure out. It'll just be there, nagging in the background. Opposed to the idea of "flow" (which I kinda equate to those rare moments when something is interesting enough to captivate me completely) this is a kind of "being in the moment" that's scary in a way, it is as if there'll be no tomorrow and the past seems just something in the now (as a collection of memories). Time compresses to the point where i'm feeling like no movement is possible and everything will stale down to the ultimate end.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

functions are not skills or superpowers. *shrug* they don't exist separately from your psyche, your ego functions are your psyche.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    functions are not skills or superpowers. *shrug* they don't exist separately from your psyche, your ego functions are your psyche.
    I know that, but the question is still valid (even if poorly worded). Do you think these states can occult within your base function (or simulator states).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes it can if left unchecked by some form of the opposite function as in if E needs I to slow down

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it does.

there are descriptions of it getting cloying if you "sit" in it for too long. this is where your dual-seeking comes in handy.