Thread: how i see enneagram 6s

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how i see enneagram 6s

I don't think I ever meet an enneagram 6 but this is how I believe they would look

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lq-973ldGB4

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by role View Post
    I don't think I ever meet an enneagram 6
    I am about 425% sure you have

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think I ever meet an enneagram 6 but this is how I believe they would look

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lq-973ldGB4

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't 6's like the most common of all the enneagram types?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Aren't 6's like the most common of all the enneagram types?
    I guess when I read the description of a six it sounds like no one I ever meet. I guess they exaggerate with how scared they seem of the future. Like people who are waiting for dooms day or something

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe 6s are the most common. But I think it's also relatively common for 6s to mistype themselves, as well as having others mistype them. For me, expressing my insecurities often has a feeling of wrongness that comes with it, so it's something that's typically avoided; internally, however, there has been a lot of chaos and confusion during my more stressed times. I can be extremely self-doubting and constantly wondering whether or not decisions I made were the 'right' ones, but this still isn't something I willingly admit to others in my personal life.

Here are some of the common misidentification descriptions between 6s and other types.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

they're like the worker bee ...

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Roro
    Hmm.. actually related a lot to the enneagram 6 descriptions
    I am between 4 and 6 now

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

@Roro
    Hmm.. actually related a lot to the enneagram 6 descriptions
    I am between 4 and 6 now
    fwiw i kind of had you at:

2, 4, 6

With 4 being disintegrating to 2.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@role, I could totally see you as 6.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

6s can sometimes appear extremely nervous, somewhat skittish. But sometimes that's shifted into "nervous behaviour", and wanting to keep oneself occupied etc.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mercutio
    When I take the enneagram test those are the top options they give me. Along with 7 because I like to travel and try new things. But I am definately not a 7.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @role, I could totally see you as 6.
    With the way I live my life I am not living like a 6 if that makes sense. I do almost nothing to secure myself especially with money. I wish I could be more "safe" though

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I have known my enneagram type for quite some time, the biggest confirmation for me was probably noticing how I reacted when completely stressed: if something was making me feel insecure, I was completely focused (obsessed, and not in a healthy way) with the things that I believed would 'fix' this issue and give me a safety net. I'm in a healthier state now, so there are no real obsessions, although there is still a focus on maintaining a constant and steady flow of the things needed in order to survive.

6s aren't always skittish, all rule-abiding, outwardly nervous and compliant people. That's probably more common with the phobic side of the 6.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the way I live my life I am not living like a 6 if that makes sense. I do almost nothing to secure myself especially with money. I wish I could be more "safe" though
    That seems more Sp than 6.

But a Pony Lemonade stand is definitely Safe.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're probably just sp last. And 6w7.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 6
    Ambiverted
    Affiliative
    Performers
    Relate to tradition
    Politically inclined
    Common values
    Bonding
    Seek security
    Loyal & reliable
    Anxiety-prone

I don't do anything to seek security and I am not reliable at all. I am more fantasy prone and I don't do anything when I am stressed. I just shut down and do nothing. I escape into my own world. @darya

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Enneagram 6
    Ambiverted
    Affiliative
    Performers
    Relate to tradition
    Politically inclined
    Common values
    Bonding
    Seek security
    Loyal & reliable
    Anxiety-prone

I don't do anything to seek security and I am not reliable at all. I am more fantasy prone and I don't do anything when I am stressed. I just shut down and do nothing. I escape into my own world. @darya
    I'm not sure of your enneagram type by such limited interaction, so I'm not forcing my opinion on you at all. But by what you write and your communication style you don't seem like a 4 to me. I also don't see you in image/heart triad.

I know a bunch of 6w7 people who are unreliable, irresponsible and fantasy prone. 6w7 can be quite easily mistaken for 4w3.

Again, you have to decide on your own. Just trying to let you know that 6's come in many many different varieties, more than any other type (besides e3 probably) . A counter-phobic 6w5 is for example a million miles away from a phobic 6w7.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, I might be way off, but it's very very difficult to imagine a IEI e4 girl whipping children with belts as a part of an everyday discipline. IEI's e4 are soft creatures. Me personally, I could never do that in a million years, maybe only if I would be completely frustrated and enraged. But I would probably cry after lol.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=darya;1033744]Also, I might be way off, but it's very very difficult to imagine a IEI e4 girl whipping children with belts as a part of an everyday discipline. IEI's e4 are soft creatures. Me personally, I could never do that in a million years, maybe only if I would be completely frustrated and enraged. But I would probably cry after lol.[/
    QUOTE/]
    What? I felt bad about that. I don't see that as fun or enjoyable. That's why I wrote the post. I barely do that. I only did it twice at most.
    Last edited by role; 07-31-2014 at 06:57 PM.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure of your enneagram type by such limited interaction, so I'm not forcing my opinion on you at all. But by what you write and your communication style you don't seem like a 4 to me. I also don't see you in image/heart triad.

I know a bunch of 6w7 people who are unreliable, irresponsible and fantasy prone. 6w7 can be quite easily mistaken for 4w3.

Again, you have to decide on your own. Just trying to let you know that 6's come in many many different varieties, more than any other type (besides e3 probably) . A counter-phobic 6w5 is for example a million miles away from a phobic 6w7.
    Yeah I have to research it more because I might be a 6. But I don't see myself as using my head. I think off emotions all the time

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought maybe 8 for you, esp if you disappear into yourself when stressed

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    6s can sometimes appear extremely nervous, somewhat skittish. But sometimes that's shifted into "nervous behaviour", and wanting to keep oneself occupied etc.
    I've mistook my type 9 friend for a 6 for a long time thinking that "anxiety=6" while it turned out that her skittishness had much to do with her stressful living situation and unsupportive family members who further stressed her out. other types get extremely anxious thru stress, pressure, inner conflicts, losing their guide. or to put it in another way: all types have something to be nervous about, every type has it's own anxiety triggers and it took me a while to realize that this wasn't unique to type 6.

@role "Fear vs. Courage" theme talked about in these Type 6 videos and learning how to handle the objects of fear or fear-filled situations is a big part of type 6 growth and overcoming of 6's variety of anxiety. if you are relating to this, then you could be a 6

(scroll to 5 minutes for type 6 presentation)
    Last edited by yeves; 07-31-2014 at 10:07 PM.

TIM
    IEI, E4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@yeves thank you for the videos and knowledge

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, I might be way off, but it's very very difficult to imagine a IEI e4 girl whipping children with belts as a part of an everyday discipline. IEI's e4 are soft creatures. Me personally, I could never do that in a million years, maybe only if I would be completely frustrated and enraged. But I would probably cry after lol.[/
    QUOTE/]
    What? I felt bad about that. I don't see that as fun or enjoyable. That's why I wrote the post. I barely do that. I only did it twice at most.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that you enjoyed it in a sadistic way. But you wrote that you're not planning to stop no matter what people say, so I thought this is your usual way of disciplining children.

I'm just not feeling the E4 (or e2), is all. You seem quite "tough", but maybe that is just my perception.