I mean alpha like in leader not as the quadra

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se egos and E_T, but it depends on what you mean by "Alpha" exactly, there are nuances ...raw confidence ... aggression ... assertiveness/ambition ... the ability to lead a group to a goal (EJs can be good at this).

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ8w7sxso View Post
    I mean alpha like in leader not as the quadra
    If this is a roundabout way of figuring out your type, I suggest you consider SLE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se dom but not necessarily for their own good
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Restricted user
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII FTW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Anything ExTx

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha, someone named ENTJ8w7sxso wanting to know who's the most alpha.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Haha, someone named ENTJ8w7sxso wanting to know who's the most alpha.
    It's seriously impossible to get any alphier than that

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE in the typical sense.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really believe that my gay SEI friend (who likes wearing large fuzzy sweaters) secretly controls the universe from behind an velvet curtain

he's such a naturally good manipulator of people b/c everybody likes him O___o i didn't realize until much later how many people he knew, how much power he had over others...

SEI's are the *most alpha of all* guys

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real leadership is soft and empowering not hard and dominating.

So yeah SEI, everybody loves them and they don't event try.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    i really believe that my gay SEI friend (who likes wearing large fuzzy sweaters) secretly controls the universe from behind an velvet curtain

he's such a naturally good manipulator of people b/c everybody likes him O___o i didn't realize until much later how many people he knew, how much power he had over others...

Rofl I have the same exact experience with my gay SEI friend. He's 9w8 so/sx and I swear everybody and their mother loves him. He is the best company, cause he is always in a good mood and very relaxing to be around. He's also a great manipulator (and lies without a trace, with the angelic smile on his face). He gets out of all sticky situations and controls the whole social scene while looking like a gentle teddy bear.

People actually get very jealous if he leaves them hanging to hang out with other people (you have to make a reservation with him 3 weeks in advance, otherwise he's always booked) and girls fall in love with him even though he's gay. He is extremely opporunistic and always somehow takes care of himself first. But nobody can ever be angry at him, as he's such a soft-spoken adorable SEI.

So yeah, that's pretty hardcore for a SEI. The only thing is, he controls the "girls @ gays" social scene, straight guys don't care that much about him, so that is probably not that alpha male-ish hehe

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Rofl I have the same exact experience with my gay SEI friend. He's 9w8 so/sx and I swear everybody and their mother loves him. He is the best company, cause he is always in a good mood and very relaxing to be around. He's also a great manipulator (and lies without a trace, with the angelic smile on his face). He gets out of all sticky situations and controls the whole social scene while looking like a gentle teddy bear.

People actually get very jealous if he leaves them hanging to hang out with other people (you have to make a reservation with him 3 weeks in advance, otherwise he's always booked) and girls fall in love with him even though he's gay. He is extremely opporunistic and always somehow takes care of himself first. But nobody can ever be angry at him, as he's such a soft-spoken adorable SEI.

So yeah, that's pretty hardcore for a SEI. The only thing is, he controls the "girls @ gays" social scene, straight guys don't care that much about him, so that is probably not that alpha male-ish hehe
    oh wow. that sounds more actively manipulative than my friend hahaha. are you sure he's not... an Fi-IEE?

my friend is an sx-last 2 I think, it's more so he gets close to people b/c he has this stance of "I'm really innocent and just here to serve you." but I think he believes it too. i don't think he gets into any sticky situations, and he pretty much is a teddy bear haha.

it was more so just that... one day I woke up and realized he knew all the people in power, and they all loved him. O___o

EDIT: ...maybe... Si-ESE?? he just sounds so... extroverted O___O
    Last edited by lemontrees; 07-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh wow. that sounds more actively manipulative than my friend hahaha. are you sure he's not... an Fi-IEE?

my friend is an sx-last 2 I think, it's more so he gets close to people b/c he has this stance of "I'm really innocent and just here to serve you." but I think he believes it too. i don't think he gets into any sticky situations, and he pretty much is a teddy bear haha.

it was more so just that... one day I woke up and realized he knew all the people in power, and they all loved him. O___o

EDIT: ...maybe... Si-ESE?? he just sounds so... extroverted O___O
    Yes, he is actually one of those cases when it's very difficult to asses if he's an extrovert ot introvert. He loves company of people, but he's also very chill and passive once in company, in true E9 fashion. Hard to explain. He doesn't actually do anything or even talk that much lol and is very go with the flow - always does what other people do. Much more than me for example. He doesn't try to influence anything and never opposes to anything, he's just an extremely pleasant company and very warm. Excellent talent in making people feel welcome and unjudged, in keeping harmony of the group,great diplomatic skills, but he does all that by not doing much of anything if it makes sense.

He lies only where there is a chance of a conflict (he's slack and unreliable, so people could get angry at him and he hates conflicts with all his heart) or so that nobody can hold him accountable for anything and that his freedom stays intact (I think he's 973 with a strong 7 fix).

At first I thought he has to be an extrovert just by the time he spends around people ( he doesn't like being alone- but I think that's not unusual for e9), but after months of thinking I really think SEI-Fe is the correct typing. If not, alpha SF 100%, but I really don't think he's ESE.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so this thread is now gonna tell me that softness, nicety, emotional manipulation, and passive-aggressiveness = Alpha

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes, he is actually one of those cases when it's very difficult to asses if he's an extrovert ot introvert. He loves company of people, but he's also very chill and passive once in company, in true E9 fashion. Hard to explain. He doesn't actually do anything or even talk that much lol and is very go with the flow - always does what other people do. Much more than me for example. He doesn't try to influence anything and never opposes to anything, he's just an extremely pleasant company and very warm. Excellent talent in making people feel welcome and unjudged, in keeping harmony of the group,great diplomatic skills, but he does all that by not doing much of anything if it makes sense.

He lies only where there is a chance of a conflict (he's slack and unreliable, so people could get angry at him and he hates conflicts with all his heart) or so that nobody can hold him accountable for anything and that his freedom stays intact (I think he's 973 with a strong 7 fix).

At first I thought he has to be an extrovert just by the time he spends around people ( he doesn't like being alone- but I think that's not unusual for e9), but after months of thinking I really think SEI-Fe is the correct typing. If not, alpha SF 100%, but I really don't think he's ESE.
    That's not really alpha males, the key to how males/others define alpha maleness colloquially is not friendship/blame or expectations but dominance thru fear, respect and strength.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    That's not really alpha males, the key to how males/others define alpha maleness colloquially is not friendship/blame or expectations but dominance thru fear, respect and strength.
    I obviously wasnt' calling SEI males any kind of Alpha. That would be just ridiculous. I know what Alpha means. I was just replying to @lemontrees about her humorous description of her SEI friend.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUO_5EALZoM

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that makes sense, I think I get a clearer picture now.

yeah, it's interesting how seemingly passive people can actually be quite manipulative. O__o

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    so this thread is now gonna tell me that softness, nicety, emotional manipulation, and passive-aggressiveness = Alpha
    so even you have a chance to be alpha.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

muahahaha

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-ti/se E8 or E1 sx are the most alpha imo. close 2nds are EIE-Fe E1/E3 so, LSE-Te E1 so.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I still think LIE's e8 are the true Alphas of the world. SLE's and LSE's the second.

Any F type is much less Alpha by default imo.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    so even you have a chance to be alpha.
    I could never come close to u ...u'r my ideal of ambition, worldly success, powerful values, and team leadership.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I could never come close to u ...u'r my ideal of ambition, worldly success, powerful values, and team leadership.
    thankyou for your kind words.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think LIE's e8 are the true Alphas of the world. SLE's and LSE's the second.

Any F type is much less Alpha by default imo.
    have you seen tony robbins talk? he could sell milk to a cow - very influential, very engaging, very sharp - very EIE-fe!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    thankyou for your kind words.
    i've wondered if u'r not my dual. with u everything i wanna be. and it's a fact we understand each other without needing to say 1 word.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@miss BabyDoll

Oh I agree EIE's are influential, but I just think we have a different definition of what an Alpha male is. Any NF imo has a certain feminine touch, so I wouldn't really call them Alpha males, It probably just comes down to the perspective.

That makes me think about Alpha females - probably ESE's right ? Or at least Alpha SF's.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@miss BabyDoll

Oh I agree EIE's are influential, but I just think we have a different definition of what an Alpha male is. Any NF imo has a certain feminine touch, so I wouldn't really call them Alpha males, It probably just comes down to the perspective.

That makes me think about Alpha females - probably ESE's right ? Or at least Alpha SF's.
    actually being more feminine as an NF is a common misconception - heavy F means the individual resorts to ethical reasoning as opposed to logical (even if "morally" wrong per se). but i get what you're trying to say- you're thinking conan style right? haha then i'd agree with you!
    in that light, ESEs are among the alphiest (females) with ESIs and popstaresque SEEs haha

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i've wondered if u'r not my dual. with u everything i wanna be. and it's a fact we understand each other without needing to say 1 word.
    then why do you keep talking.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    actually being more feminine as an NF is a common misconception - heavy F means the individual resorts to ethical reasoning as opposed to logical (even if "morally" wrong per se). but i get what you're trying to say- you're thinking conan style right? haha then i'd agree with you!
    in that light, ESEs are among the alphiest (females) with ESIs and popstaresque SEEs haha
    My personal opinion on this touchy subject would be :

Masculine: Te base + SLx + ILE
    Feminine: Fe base + INFx + SEI

androgynous types:
    - Fi creative (leaning slightly towards masculine, fi creative women are often kinda tomboyish in my experience, no matter their (taking care of) appearance + the EP energy leans masculine imo. It's like both male and female representatives of Fi creatives are usually really hot lol.
    - ILI, LII (more masculine, because there don't seem to be a lot of these girls around and NT areas of interest are usually more tradiotionally male, but on the other hand INTx males are not Alpha in any way)

Special case: LSI and ESI I really can't say for these two: the first one is obviously more masculine and the other one more feminine, but I've seen both very masculine and feminine LSI's and the same for ESI's. So I am confused to say the least.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal opinion on this touchy subject would be :

Masculine: Te base + SLx + ILE
    Feminine: Fe base + INFx + SEI

androgynous types:
    - Fi creative (leaning slightly towards masculine, fi creative women are often kinda tomboyish in my experience, no matter their (taking care of) appearance + the EP energy leans masculine imo. It's like both male and female representatives of Fi creatives are usually really hot lol.
    - ILI, LII (more masculine, because there don't seem to be a lot of these girls around and NT areas of interest are usually more tradiotionally male, but on the other hand INTx males are not Alpha in any way)

Special case: LSI and ESI I really can't say for these two: the first one is obviously more masculine and the other one more feminine, but I've seen both very masculine and feminine LSI's and the same for ESI's. So I am confused to say the least.
    now this i like! and mostly agree with
    as for E/LSI they are really similar - you can have an LSI Se like me who is "more masculine" in her energy but you can have a Ti which is more subdued but that is assuming the individual uses the functions accordingly. as for ESIs again the Se ones might be more alpha/masculine than even LSI-ti-s. i'd say it all comes down to fine tuning- not just with these two types but basically with all of them

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Whatever person freaking wants to be the most Alpha will be, regardless what their type is. Because they're so alpha they don't give a fuck.
    it's not being the most or least alpha. it's being alpha or not. and being alpha isn't necessarily a good thing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Whatever person freaking wants to be the most Alpha will be, regardless what their type is. Because they're so alpha they don't give a fuck.
    This is actually true. People I know who have truly been Alpha have actually had Narcissistic Personality Disorder or maybe even Sociopathy and they really tend to command fear/respect from people. I also usually hate those people, but I don't really see it as type related.

Maybe this deviates from the spirit of your post, but I figured it fit, if only superficially.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@darya & @lemontrees:

I was semi-boyfriends with an incredibly popular gay boy like that before. I wasn't really fooled by him though, at least not for long. They can fool straight people and mainstream society very easily but other gay guys usually know what they are about and aren't as fooled. They seem compassionate but its very superficial, they really are only ever after their own fame.

Oh I just wanted to add that SO MANY GAY GUYS are popular as FUCK. I was never like that, I was always the opposite.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that frog looks very alpha

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I dunno, but going by this article, it looks like a combination of Ni, Te and some Fe might be useful in achieving "alpha" status. SLE seem too independent to want to be alpha. They don't seem like the types that want to care and provide for the whole "pack".

Two guys both work at the same corporation. Both are in middle management. Both are decisive, and both seem confident. But one is an Alpha Male, and the other is a Bully. How can you tell the difference? Is it possible you yourself are one or the other and don't even realize it? Why should you even care?

Well, to be perfectly blunt about it, true Alpha Male guys almost invariably end up with the most desirable women. Women almost always look for Alpha guys for fun and, also, for long-term relationships and even marriage. But a Bully, although he may succeed for a while, will eventually show his true colors, and that gorgeous woman who fell for him initially dumps him and goes off to find a genuine Alpha Male.

Another reason to pay attention: Alpha Males are true leaders. Most Bullies are actually cowards hiding behind an aggressive facade. An Alpha Male is a problem solver. A Bully causes the problem. Which one do you think is more likely to get promoted to a higher position at his job?

For these two reasons alone, it may be worth your while to decide if you are a Bully or an Alpha Male. Let's look at each of them at work:

Scene One:

At a staff meeting chaired by a Bully, a junior staffer makes a blunder in his presentation. The Bully ridicules him, calls him stupid, tells him loudly he may not be on the team much longer if he doesn't shape up — all in front of everyone present at the meeting.The Alpha Male calmly corrects his factual error, moves on, takes him aside later and explains in detail where exactly the staffer went wrong, how to fix the problem for future, and answers his questions about how to do his job better.

What's the difference?
    The Bully always seeks the limelight. He tries to dominate every scene and uses abusive, loud language and aggressive body language to intimidate.
    The Alpha Male looks at the job at hand and takes the most direct route to getting it done while always being respectful. Self-image doesn't cross his mind.

Scene Two:

A few guys get together for lunch. The Bully does most of the talking.The Alpha Male mostly listens and keeps his own counsel.

What's the difference?
    For The Bully, it's all about himself and his successes because he cares desperately about whether he is impressing people. He is always worrying about his image.
    Alphas don't need to impress anyone. It never even occurs to them to do it.

Scene Three:

As leader of a project team, a Bully dictates his demands, refuses to hear input from team members and threatens dire consequences if his demands are not met. Morale of the team plummets, as guys feel it's a shut-up-and-do-as-you're-told environment.An Alpha Male leader explains goals, assigns tasks, solicits input from his troops, and leads by example. He assesses the situation and goes directly toward making it happen. Team morale is high, as guys feel they are on a winning team.

What's the difference?
    The Bully makes it hard for others to function. Everything a Bully does and says has this question behind it: "What will it do for my image?" Everything else is secondary. Thus, he not only is a pain to work for, but he actually robs the corporation of the full functioning abilities of all the workers he intimidates.

Discover if you're an alpha male or a bully...

An Alpha Male is a pack builder and natural leader. He leads by example.

What Makes An Alpha Male An Alpha Male?

A scientist trying to understand the neurological processes that made Joe Montana such a legendary player asked, "Do you see the ball, take a step forward and then throw it?""No," said Montana. "It's all one thing: see-step-throw. There's no separation. I'm not even aware I'm doing it until after the ball has left my hand."

All Alpha Males are like this in the way they move through life. They see a situation, make an assessment that is logical and will usually work, based on prior experience — although this process is often lightning fast — and act. There is no separation. It's all one seamless action: "see-act-result."

What Makes A Bully A Bully?

Now consider the other sort of guy. He's also assertive, decisive, direct, not afraid to express himself, and often gets things done on his own terms. He isn't afraid of anyone he goes up against, but he only goes up against someone he knows he can dominate. Is he an Alpha Male? The guy just described is often mistaken for an Alpha Male by people who notice his decisiveness and energy. He almost certainly will want to be thought of as an Alpha Male. But this guy is no Alpha Male. He is, instead, a Bully.

How Do You Know The Difference?

One quick way to test out the difference is to watch what happens when an Alpha Male runs into opposition and when a Bully runs into opposition. The Alpha Male is always (usually coolly) paying attention to what's going on and is alert to ways to make the things happen the way he wants them to. He regards the world as a place he can influence by paying attention and acting whenever he sees opportunity. He does this naturally; it doesn't occur to him that he can fail once he's headed toward his goal. It may take more than one try, but he won't give up until he achieves his goal or else assesses the situation and decides — himself — that he needs to change what he's doing in order to achieve what he wants. Then, when he's sure of his course, he'll try again and again until he succeeds.

So what happens when he makes a real mistake?
    If he makes a mistake, an Alpha Male takes note of what he should have done, learns what he needs to learn and moves on. Unlike non-Alpha Males, he doesn't go over and over his mistake. Life has endless possibilities for success to an Alpha Male. He loves to win and is good at it. When he screws up, he simply takes note of the lesson to be learned and goes on. While other males — Bullies, especially, because they care so much about their public image — keep going over and over their mistake, an Alpha Male never wastes time beating himself up after the fact.

A Bully, first and foremost, will never (or rarely, and only then by mistake) go up against someone or something bigger and stronger than he is. He's happiest with a soft target (a widow or a child are always a safe choice), and he seeks a large audience.Bullies are grandstanders. They love to have people see them vanquish the person they are attacking. They are always wondering how they look to other people, but inside their bluster and aggression, they are actually scared. A Bully will shrink in horror before anyone strong enough to actually challenge him.

Alpha Males are exactly the opposite: they are the least self-aware men in existence, because they do not think about how they appear to anyone else. They don't think about themselves much at all. Their energies are directed toward reading the situation at hand, getting the job (whatever it may be) done and moving on. Their self-confidence stems from this.

In comparing the animal world to the human world, an Alpha Male wolf and an Alpha Male human are nearly identical in many important ways. Both are true leaders, protective of their pack (girlfriend, teammates and friends, or wife and kids), absolutely loyal, and completely self-confident. They know that they can handle whatever comes their way. They tend to be gifted physically (although not always), and they are often low-key until there is a need for action. They never accept that someone else has the right to rule them (even in the Army, they keep a part of themselves independent). And they are the best leaders of men there are.

A true Alpha Male is strong, smart and a pack builder. He leads, provides for and protects his pack. And he has fun doing it.

With her husband XY, XX is the author of ALPHA MALE: Who They Are, How They Think, What They Want/How To Attract, Meet, Marry & Train One.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot of Individual variance is going to go into this. I know an SLI and an LSI that are both pretty alpha people. Both through a kind of laidback assertiveness, as opposed to the somewhat comically over the top nature of Se bases.

But id say, all things equal, SLE or SEE depending on whether alpha dominance applies moreso to the physical or social realms. The typical male gorilla respect me or suffer type would be SLE though.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast