Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ASMR = Si?

ASMR - an Si phenomena?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=asmr

EDIT: example -
    Last edited by jason_m; 07-26-2014 at 06:05 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? I experience ASMR. I devalue Si. Does that matter? It's not something I actively try to experience. It just happens, like a sensation. I'm sure it's pertinent to Si in that it's an internal physical experience and Si pays attention to such phenomena but valued or strong Si isn't necessary to experience such a sensation or any sensation, for that matter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not talking so much about the experience itself as much as deriving satisfaction from ASMR... Does that clear it up for you?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that clears it up. I enjoy it and I hate saying this but I actually mildly look forward to it if I know I'm going to be in a situation where it happens, but if I lost the sensation I wouldn't care. It doesn't matter to me that much. I don't actively seek it out on one of those youtube videos where they try to induce the sensation. Those feel way too violating even though they do work if you can manage to relax.

I imagine Si valuers would love it though as they seem to highly value all pleasurable sensations. They probably are the type that seek it out on youtube.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wtf.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, it's not related to Si.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only ever experienced this once irl. I was being told something important by my manager's manager, but she has the softest deepish voice ever. It's like an intense goosebumps feeling inside your head.
    Pretty awesome, but quite inappropriate in that situation. /:

On topic, yeah it's probably Si valuing types seeking this stuff out.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k so I had no idea what ASMR was...but I watched the video anyways.... OH MY GOD. so cool... I really want a haircut now.

I wonder if her roommates are like what the fuck is she doing in the bathroom.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get it all the time, first noticed it at the dentist, when I am being paid close attention. I didn't even know it was a "thing" I thought it just happened. Actually I never even thought about it at all until this thread. Crazy bones!

Caretaker erotic style, extroverted feeling and creative Si is all I can see it relating too socionics wise. Hmmm, who might that be?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is this??? I wasn't able to put myself through most of that video, but from what I could see before wanting to smash my head on the keyboard, it was just some lady cutting hair and shaving while trying to sound all serene. Am I missing something? How is this even considered an "experience" or a thing at all? I thought it was lame.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    What the fuck is this??? I wasn't able to put myself through most of that video, but from what I could see before wanting to smash my head on the keyboard, it was just some lady cutting hair and shaving while trying to sound all serene. Am I missing something? How is this even considered an "experience" or a thing at all? I thought it was lame.
    Yes - those few precious moments of your life between when you clicked play and close.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Yes - those few precious moments of your life between when you clicked play and close.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relaaaaxsss Sirena, it is alright ifff………... you do not like the video. Some experiences are subtle. Like the interlocking hands of your signature….

I am curious though, as a self typed EIE, do you perhaps find the video annoying because as a leading extroverted feeler, you find emotional expression so ubiquitous with who you are and how you behave as a person, that discussion on the topic is deemed unnecessary by you, not even worth mentioning?

I find this with most IE in the base function, people behave blase towards their particular egoic information element: sitting somewhere on a spectrum from flaunting it outright, to ignoring it altogether.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-26-2014 at 05:49 PM.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Relaaaaxsss Sirena, it is alright ifff………... you do not like the video. Some experiences are subtle. Like the interlocking hands of your signature….
    The difference being that I wouldn't charge someone for interlocking hands with them and call it Interlocking Hand Sensory Experience or whatever. Therefore, it is not a "thing", just something that is experienced as part of life.

But I just looked up what ASMR actually means and it doesn't relate to the specific practice in the video, but rather the description of a "pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli." The video simply demonstrates an example of how ASMR can be achieved. That was my missing link.

I am curious though, as a self typed EIE, do you perhaps find the video annoying because as a leading extroverted feeler, you find emotional expression so ubiquitous with who you are and how you behave as a person, that discussion on the topic is deemed unnecessary by you, not even worth mentioning?

I find this with most IE in the base function, people behave blase towards their particular egoic information element: sitting somewhere on a spectrum from flaunting it outright, to ignoring it altogether.
    I no longer self-type EIE, so I couldn't answer it from that perspective. But I have to say that your comment doesn't make much sense to me considering that I obviously did deem it at least somewhat necessary to mention it, hence bothering to post at all.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I guess you are right you did mention it, but I wonder, why did you feel contempt for the video? Like me, you researched ASMR after you watched it, so I guess there's my answer right there. Without knowing what ASMR is the video would seem stupid and redundant.

I suppose I linked your contempt with the video with an idea I have that comes from something I read in the socionic literature that talks about the ego block being held in such low regard in others because it is so "normal" in oneself, so normal it is not even worth mentioning, it just "is".

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I guess you are right you did mention it, but I wonder, why did you feel contempt for the video? Like me, you researched ASMR after you watched it, so I guess there's my answer right there. Without knowing what ASMR is the video would seem stupid and redundant.
    WTF, where did you get the idea that I found contempt for it? LOL It confused and bored me more than anything.

Your answer? I don't remember asking you a question.

But I honestly don't feel any reason or inclination to explain how I feel about any particular subject, considering that it's not really anyone's business.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Video's too long and boring to watch completely, just skimmed through. Not sure what ASMR is specifically, still. I will say, though, when I got a nose-hair trimmer for the first time and used it, and was able to breathe so much better, I actually considered starting a thread about it on the forum. Must be an Si thing. I don't think things like this are exclusively Si, but I do think perhaps Si types value physical relaxation and stimulations more, and perhaps experience them more intensely and consciously than others.
    how much gaadamn long hair u got in there?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime you feel boredom, it comes from superiority, which comes from contempt, "my time spent would be better if……". Your opinion of the video, smashing your head on the desk (I know it was a jestfull gesture), is a contemptful attitude. Maybe not full blown hate, but still the same. I wondered where it came from. But you explained that you had not seen the link between ASMR and the hairdresser, and that it was confusing, so that is why you wrote the post expressing boredom. I was curious about the direction the boredom came from, and as I could see, it was not where I first thought it was as per your explanation.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't know anyone who has this although I have heard of it. With nothing to go on, it could just as easily be linked to non-sensory types having messed-up senses whether through over or under-stimulation or through general, vague delocalized sort-of-feelings.

...but there does seem to be a fair number of people who get some weird tingly feeling in their finger or knee or whatever. My own experience with migraines for example match many of the symptoms and I suppose it can be sort of pleasurable...but also it can be sort of unpleasurable.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime you feel boredom, it comes from superiority, which comes from contempt, "my time spent would be better if……". Your opinion of the video, smashing your head on the desk (I know it was a jestfull gesture), is a contemptful attitude. Maybe not full blown hate, but still the same. I wondered where it came from. But you explained that you had not seen the link between ASMR and the hairdresser, and that it was confusing, so that is why you wrote the post expressing boredom. I was curious about the direction the boredom came from, and as I could see, it was not where I first thought it was as per your explanation.
    I just wish you'd stop psychoanalyzing me. Please.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sure no problem madam.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sure no problem madam.
    Super!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Been an ASMR consumer for a couple of years now. Even made a couple of videos myself. Not sure it's Si but it's good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCgNb_b-Es

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the same thing as the orgasmotron head massager and anticipatory tingles?

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for bringing this into my life.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(actually NOSE HAIR HAS IT'S PURPOSES TO CATCH GERMS).

but. i like the cheeky you. iz fun.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Huzzah, ASMR! There is photographic evidence of me as a kid being in ASMR bliss from having people whisper into my ears. I'd ask for that type of stuff often, but I'm afraid I'd be a weirdo asking people, "Can you whisper in my ears from behind while you rub my head?" these days. Here are some ASMR-tist typings:

I'd say Violet, from the OP, is ESI 6. She strikes me as a perfectionist, anxious, and interested in pointing out how ridiculous her props and roleplays are to reality. Sometimes, something she says will make me uncomfortable because I relate to it on a rather painful, personal level. Heather Feather seems like an unproblematic SEI - very playful, talks about being a quiet nerd, and has a soft and caring demeanor. Maria/GentleWhispering seems like an ESE(?) - soft yet firm, very professional and planned, and outgoing/likes attention.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's interesting how people are so stimulated by it, personally i find it too intense and focussed which is I suppose what people do like about it... but yeah, just too much for me.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do people get ASMR from this music video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTGner6las

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post

That'd be frisson rather than ASMR for me; feelings of awe illicit that response. I think the two must be neurologically related, because I experience frisson several times throughout the day.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post

I don't think so. When I get ASMR it's like from a feeling of relaxed vulnerability rather than a feeling of awe or whatever that video induces.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could the difference between ASMR and frisson be qualified for me? Like, spacey, bass-driven music like that gives me swelling and breaking waves of euphoria and tingling goosebumps. Unlike what frisson seems to be described as, I can stay with it as long as I stay with the feeling and control my breathing. The waves usually sync up with the parasympathetic phase of the breathing.

The best neurological explanation I can find is that frisson is due to dopamine circuits, while ASMR is due to opioid somethings. I guess I should just try and get some codeine to experience MOR agonism for reference?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think that's a common response to rave music

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Most people who make ASMR videos are either ISFx or Delta NF ime.

So in some way, I do think it is related to Si. But how exactly is difficult to say.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Liking those tremendously. I just have to bring myself to engage properly. It takes some expertise to calm my and extroversion in general, so I highly value those things. I highly suspect , what else can it be. The people making these are often very nice.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this made me really uncomfortable..?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast