Thread: My understanding of subtype theory....

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My understanding of subtype theory....

Take ENTp for example... N subtype and T subtype... what is the difference? According to what I have observed.... N subtype lives inside his Ne and organizes his Ne using some kind of dictionary compression, however is not good at explaining his Ne using logic... T subtype on the other hand takes in Ne (accepting function) and explains it using Ti without organizing it. He looks for new ways to explain. Ti subtype sees Ti with his eyes.

subtypes.jpg
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to think of subtypes in regard to the inert/contact dichotomy. The leading and creative IEs still work in the same way, but they are prioritized differently. So a Ti-sub ILE will place more conscious concern on spinning webs of classifications and external patterns, while the Ne-sub will view the same brainwork as more of a sideshow to the main event.

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I prefer to think of subtypes in regard to the inert/contact dichotomy. The leading and creative IEs still work in the same way, but they are prioritized differently. So a Ti-sub ILE will place more conscious concern on spinning webs of classifications and external patterns, while the Ne-sub will view the same brainwork as more of a sideshow to the main event.
    See attached image
    Attached Images Attached Images