Default Helena Christensen

Last edited by silke; 07-13-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IP of some kind. SEI comes to mind first.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I could also see some ESFj exertion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Agreed. I could also see some ESFj exertion.
    Yup, me too.

IMO she is ENFP or ESFJ.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dio, when you type someone, do you type based on what they perceive, or what they do?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What they do usually, their reactions to the environment.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-

Some quotes:

In modelling, there is no point in trying to prove you have a brain, so why even bother? I'd sooner save the energy for something more meaningful.

I am very much aware of the visual side of things. I do a lot of photography. I often take Polaroids of things that strike me as visually interesting, just to remember them and perhaps use later.

I look at other women. When I'm at a party, I sometimes say, Look at her, she's got fantastic breasts. We can sit all night talking about girls.

The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there's a different aesthetic. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

When on the set of a film, you have to play natural for entire scenes in a very unnatural environment. You have to express emotions and interact with other actors and also use your voice.

When you are modeling, you are creating a picture, a still life, perhaps something like a silent film. You convey emotion but you are only using your body.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a perceiving subtype Gamma rational. I think probably Se-ISFj > Ni-ENTj, not entirely sure yet.

I read she had a baby with Norman Reedus (INTp), the actor from the Boondock Saints films with Sean Patrick Flannery (ESFp). I also think Chris Isaak is ESFp btw.

Last edited by duality is cringe; 08-10-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Seems like a perceiving subtype Gamma rational. I think probably Se-ISFj or Ni-ENTj, not entirely sure yet.

I read she had a baby with Norman Reedus (INTp), the actor from the Boondock Saints films with Sean Patrick Flannery (ESFp). I also think Chris Isaak is ESFp btw.
    Yeah, I read that he [her son] is a chess prodigy, which is pretty cool.

I could see ESI, for sure. [BTW, I know some people think she looks very similar to Cameron Diaz... I don't really see it much, but just fyi.]

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI has been my impression since seeing an interview she gave on a Canadian fashion TV show sometime ago.

I also think these two quotes SoS posted are consistent with Fe seeking/valuing

When on the set of a film, you have to play natural for entire scenes in a very unnatural environment. You have to express emotions and interact with other actors and also use your voice.

When you are modeling, you are creating a picture, a still life, perhaps something like a silent film. You convey emotion but you are only using your body.
    She's also close friends with Gwenyth Paltrow and Micheal Stipe, whom I strongly believe to be NiFe's
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Surely you are kidding. In the 1st quote she sounds apprehensive about acting, and considers it an unnatural environment where you're expected to interact with others and convey emotions[/B]…
    well, duh, of course if you're an actor you're expected to do those things. But she didn't indicate she was comfortable with it. You must think all actors are types I suppose.
    Precisely. She is describing the emotiveness of acting as being an unnatural process, this is not an area ethical types would likely question, it's just obvious to them.

Some Te/Fi valuing actors whom I'm observed speak of an emphasis about their ability to connect, or relate, to their characters more so than how they're going to convey that outwardly.

As far as the 2nd quote goes, I don't see any issues. Do you think egos are oblivious to non-verbal communication or something?
    No, but placing a priority on emotiveness is related to Fe, which is why I think most of the supermodels are likely Fe valuers.

Paltrow's INFj
    I entirely disagree, in fact she's one of the few famous people whose types I'm confident of defending and it's IEI, another being her best friend Madonna as SLE. I'll explain my reasoning for this if you're curious

You must admit that it would be odd for Sappho to feel so amiable towards her conflictor… unless you don't think Sappho's ENFp.
    I don't know what type SoS is, and even if she is an IEE it wouldn't be impossible to be attracted to incompatible types, especially from a safe distance
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Madonna and Paltrow fight a lot. Or at least when I put 'madonna paltrow' in Google, it's mostly stories about them feuding and what not. Try it yourself.

Here's Patrow's dating history according to NNDB and typings I have down. Except for Chris Martin, I had no prior knowledge of any of these relationships until now:

ENTp Brad Pitt (dated and engaged, 1994-97)
    ISTp Ben Affleck (dated and cohabited 1998-2000)
    ____ Chris Heinz (son of John and Teresa Heinz, dated 2000-01)
    δ-IX Robert Sean Leonard (actor, dated 2001)
    ENTp Luke Wilson (actor, dated 2001, 2002)
    δ-?? Bryan Adams (musician, dated 2002)
    ____ Prince Albert II (Monaco royalty, dated 2002)
    ENFp Aaron Eckhart (actor, dated 2002)
    ____ Prince Felipe (Spanish royalty, dated 2002)
    ____ Prince Nicholas (Greek royalty, dated 2002)
    ____ James Purefoy (actor, dated 2002)
    ____ Walter Salles (film director, dated 2002)
    ____ Scott Speedman (actor, dated 2002-03)
    ESTj Husband: Chris Martin (musician, dated 2002-03, m. 5-Dec-2003, one son, one daughter)
    I was just about to write you a PM reply on my reasoning but I think that would be extremely counterproductive from seeing this; for one, you have two people typed here who I see as being the conflicting type you assigned them to and one whom you've typed as their activation, although that's less extreme than the other two.

We just have very different views on Socionics to be able to discuss it together I'm afraid
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    it wouldn't be impossible to be attracted to incompatible types, especially from a safe distance
    Seconded. There are a few ESI celebrities I find interesting and sympathetic from a distance in spite of major differences in values. Even though I can feel the potential for awkwardness and incompatibility in any encounter.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is identical of Carmen Kass

And in my opinion Carmen Kass is LIE.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing about either of those two quotes that places much personal priority on 'emotiveness,' IMO. More than anything, it sounds like she's describing the bare mechanics that go into modeling and acting - the first one likely describing the differences between acting and modeling, considering her mention of interacting with actors and using her voice, all of which seems like it would be pretty much a given.

Reading her use of words like "entire scenes" and "very unnatural settings" in the same sentence, she honestly sounds more exhausted than enthused about having to do it. Not all ethical types are natural emoters either.

Unless someone was born with the natural 'bug' for it, repeating prewritten words, emoting/behaving as if staged circumstances are actually real and happening for the first time [and doing so in front of an audience] will feel pretty stupid for most people. How comfortably one does this kind of thing is hardly a fair guage of whether someone is ethical or logical.

And if anyone's ever seen the show America's Next Top Model, alot of these European high concept modeling gigs will incorporate cinema style themes to promote alot of their weird shit and the photoshoots are filled with ppl like Jay Manual shouting out "now let me see [insert various basic emotions]" over and over. And as Christensen pointed out, modeling in those circumstances, at least in terms of what the model has to portray, is not entirely unlike being a silent film actor.

We'd have to look at more than two people to say much about her intertype relations, unless it was someone she dated or married to for an extended period of time.
    Agreed. Speaking of which, since 2008 Christensen has been dating a guy named Paul Banks from a band called Interpol. They broke up at one point, but apparently are back together.

You can see Banks in the interview below. He's the one in the middle and, interestingly, also seems like a very possible IXTp.

While I can admit that LSI may one of the next most likely candidates for her type, at this point, I really don't see any convincing reason to think Beta > Gamma.

I'll stick with Se-ISFj for now.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 08-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looked very ISTj in the OPs photos, but I do agree that in videos she doesn't come across particularly Ti at all just in a general gestalt sort of fashion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

NF

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

from her photographs I would say Fi ego, IEE/EII/ESI, from the interviews - Ni/Se-valuing, and these overlap only at gamma SF. though there is something non-standard about her presentation as far as ESIs go ... it would be interesting to know her enneagram type

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESI-Fi sx/sp most likely