Thread: What quadra romance does The Notebook couple portray?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb What quadra romance does The Notebook couple portray?

Last edited by Ron Mexican; 01-05-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to say he's SLI but I don't think she is IEE. I'm not sure though, love the film very much...

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Maybe her character is ESTj or smt the like? She always seems very planned, and had a very structured life.

Maybe I have not given it enough thought, I always thought she was a bit cruel to him in the film... he definitely plays a romance style of conqueror though and she plays ....hard to get.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

from what i sort of remember it seemed like he was aggressor and she was victim but i turned the movie off after like 20 minutes because i was grossed out and didnt like how they interacted for some reason.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Elina.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ryan gossling

so hot...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First this.

Then this.

What do you want?

Just get in the water!

"They didn't agree on much…..in fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday. But despite their differences they had one important thing in common, they were crazy about each other."

So tell me, what quadra romance does that sound like to you?
    Last edited by wacey; 07-19-2014 at 08:06 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yah I'm not implying anything, just pointing out the obvious in the movie.

It's just there are particular dualities that are known for this push and pull back and forth, humming and hawing, "I don't know what I want". I'm looking at the relationship between them, not so much their particular characters actions. (which is a trend the english socionists are very concerned with because of the influence of the western world's obsession with the cult of individuality: what is their type??).

On the same vein, why is this girl into schedules? My interpretation is that she does it to fit in with her family, her role, her place in that world. As soon as a volitional sensor comes along, she is enlivened, well beyond the first blush of young love, immediately dropping the schedules. The movie spans both their lifetimes, and it is plain to see for me this women's need for a place in her society, a secure position, which she chronically doubts he can provide for her. Even against all evidence that he is the one for her, she is always uncertain. They both "wait and see" their whole lives, with her doing it more then him, but him always undaunted, pursuing.

Him, constructivist, irrational
    her, emotive, irrational
    Last edited by wacey; 07-19-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ughhhh this couple seemed so annoying. I wasn't a huge fan. Ryan Gosling was ADORABLE in it. I love his character and his dad. She was just an irritating person who yelled a lot in it.
    (I only watched it to watch Gosling).

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shout out to all those ITT who are apparently better at noticing people's true feelings than me: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-sessions.html.

Do they have to be the same quadra? Something about them made them seem very... undual-ish.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about it, you can't help who you love I guess.

Hey clownsandentropy, did you notice the part in that article you quoted that said they started dating after the film, for four years all the way to 2008, even though they fought while filming the movie. I guess things are not always what they seem…...

Food for thought:

Betas are usually very romantic, very seductive people. They tend to be very flirtatious. A problem with Betas is that they always want more out of a relationship. This often leaves them breaking off relationships in search of their true love. True love is a very important concept for Betas, they tend to believe that they will find someone that will be perfect for them. This usually is a problem for Betas in relationships because they tend to see flaws in people very simply. After breaking off a relationship with someone, they will usually have a strong deal of regret, and will usually try approaching the person again. Betas are usually extremely playful with their mannerisms. Its usually very difficult to dislike a Beta at first, though they can become quiet distasteful to some people over time.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-20-2014 at 05:17 AM.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a terrible movie. I would be so creeped out if a guy I kept saying no to kept trying and trying and making things and doing things for me. Seriously, just take no for an answer and move on with your life instead of planting the idea in guys' heads that girls want you to keep trying and no doesn'treally mean no.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always liked/loved that movie!! Usually cry like a baby over it. Kinda the depiction of the true love that I don't believe in.

i picked delta due to the guy being such a wilderness buff do it yourself type f guy. She could be an extremely flaky sli and he a somewhat practical iee. Also, it's not really screaming merry quadras to me...

that said; your suggestions for it being beta make sense too,
    i
    disagree about the suggestion that he's persueing without regards for her "no" I didn't see that at all. If the letters had arrived as planned she'd have married him. Meh there is "no means no" in the creepy rapist sense and I agree completely. Then there is no means try harder in the flirting game sense, this is not actually bad or anything. Guys have to respect women, with that as baseline you can persistently persue even after a no imho

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I liked the movie. Tears, tears, tears.
    No idea about their type though. Probably EIE-LSI.

For pursuing, I was always like nonono but those who were persistent enough in a good respectful way could get me.
    Something like this:
    gCaxzQgYN7g.jpg

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the guy seemed Beta. Like, such persistence. I dunno, I mean, didn't they only know each other for like a few days before he decided she was the one. Girl could have been some Serious type.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    ryan gossling

so hot...
    SO hot. I take it back. We shouldn't be friends irl, as we would clearly go after the same guys and that always ends in a disaster

About the Notebook...I turned it off after half an hour. Not my idea of passionate romance. Are they sure not Deltas?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all who turned off the movie before the end.... the intitiation of their love isn't supposed to be the romantic part.... the romantic part is the end. This is not a conventional live happy after movie but i think shows something about affection and dedication even after someone is gone (hint, i'm not talking about him leaving for the war...). It's about returning to a loved one from the darkest place possible and being guided back by your loved one.

CRY :'( why are there no reliable gossling-lookalike-women in this world anymore?!?!?!?

Edit: their bickering was mildly annoying but bearable and a bit endearing. Also, even though the relationship COULD be beta i have a hard time seeing gossling's character as EIE. He's pretty consistent, EIE's usually have more active drama and actor-like behaviour imho. The otherway around makes even less sense... nah. dunno what types they are...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine, fine, give it to delta. Me thinks some of you are to young and to inexperienced to understand.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Always liked/loved that movie!! Usually cry like a baby over it. Kinda the depiction of the true love that I don't believe in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    CRY :'( why are there no reliable gossling-lookalike-women in this world anymore?!?!?!?
    Refi please stop crying. I have a severe case of contagious crying and your waterfall tears are just too much for me to handle

Quote Originally Posted by divergentwacey View Post
    Fine, fine, give it to delta. Me thinks some of you are to young and to inexperienced to understand.
    Some of us just don't like it

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I claim it for Alpha?!??! They danced in the street -> goofy -> Alpha

muahahahahahahahhaha we got another one of the classics

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Elina

I have a suspicion that you and I have similar tastes...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No body knows, the trouble I've seen, no body knows, my sorrow…...

Tell me I'm making accusations in ten years girls, when your one true love doesn't pan out. There is good reason this movie is so popular.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@lemontrees
    I can be friends with both of you 'cause i don't think he's hot at all lol
    @Aylen

Let's make it clear ...I don't find him hot in this movie, but in some of his other movies ...specifically in Drive, Half Nelson and Murder by Numbers

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ryan gosling looks like a teenage mouse

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He does look a bit like a shrew.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Christian Bale and Slater would be more attractive to me. Maybe it is the disturbed characters they played. I have no idea what either look like now. My clearest memory of Slater is from The Heathers. He was in True Romance too, I think.

And I can't forget this guy.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=lest...h=592&dpr=0.75
    @Elina this is not where our tastes intersect though. At least not what I was referring to.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Does it have to do with some of the music you post, maybe? If so I think I'm getting an idea of what you were referring to haha
    Heh, yeah. I like quirky or exotic faces too. Either real masculine or kind of fem. I can't explain it but I know it when I see it.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wace you already should know I've been there lol
    I hear you.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I hear you.
    @Elina

We've all been there (group hug moment )

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, we've all been there....

luckily I'm a hard learner

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    SO hot. I take it back. We shouldn't be friends irl, as we would clearly go after the same guys and that always ends in a disaster
    hahaha... this thought actually crossed my brain in the past! but I decided to give our tastes the benefit of the doubt.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lemontrees
    I can be friends with both of you 'cause i don't think he's hot at all lol
    aw

he's SLE I think

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    aw

he's SLE I think
    @Elina

Hm I thought he was SLI or SEI But he seems to play a lot of SLE's and LSI's ....

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U n' for surprize

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Christian Bale and Slater would be more attractive to me. Maybe it is the disturbed characters they played. I have no idea what either look like now. My clearest memory of Slater is from The Heathers. He was in True Romance too, I think.
    I think I saw C.Slater in one of his last movies (and Lars von Trier's). He did a great role, but he was very changed from what he was like in Il nome della Rosa, almost like a different actor. He was Joe's father, teaching her to find a tree that could represent her soul.
    http://www.spiritualityandpractice.c...vol-1-lrg6.jpg
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/4622b6943...97mpo1_500.png
    > "It's actually the souls of the trees we're seeing in the winter. In summer everything is green and idyllic but in the winter, the branches and the trunks all stand out."
    > "Perhaps the only difference between me and other people is that I've always demanded more from the sunset. More spectacular colors when the sun hit the horizon."