Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,840 of 2884

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Actually I think I get along decently with lungs....
    what do you think that means? that nothing I said could be true on the basis of that "fact"? ti valuing is showing

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    what do you think that means? that nothing I said could be true on the basis of that "fact"? ti valuing is showing
    I do not think, I am mind controlled
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Youre free to explain how i destroy my dignity with any typology system. Cant wait for your response.
    No. If this is the only time you're not ignoring me and that's all you have to say during this time, I think you're better off never knowing. Ta ta~

If you'd like to make up I am always open, but if not you can go back to silence instead of trying to get smart with me (won't work, ever). Quite frankly, your whole existence on this forum as a whiny edgelord has destroyed your dignity.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post

it pleases me that the two biggest white noise posters come together so nicely to prove my point

now you just need a 1d Fi to validate your 9999th drawing of a vampire. im picturing them oooing and aaing as if its seeing a Picasso for the first time. i wonder, do you start to resent them, when the creeping awareness that they lack the ability to critically evaluate what you secretly know is shit, sets in?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

it pleases me that the two biggest white noise posters come together so nicely to prove my point

now you just need a 1d Fi to validate your 9999th drawing of a vampire. im picturing them oooing and aaing as if its a Picasso. and you guys riding off into the sunset on a horse made entirely from your own opinions
    Which point are you proving? That we have a sense of humour?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Looks like this thread is gonna get closed soon...
    Here is a tip, even though you didn't ask for it.

Making "predictions" like "this thread is going to be closed soon" is not something that points to strong Ni. It is a sign that it is making you uncomfortable. I know I have been there. It is kind of wishful thinking, if anything, so you could do a number of things to push things in that direction. You could also just tell people to stop. I have and it works in most cases unless the people have no respect for you at all. I know they still do it behind my back but I don't care. Like k4 has no respect for me so I am over him retyping me so I use it to make stupid jokes about ruling Delta. When he first started doing it, it bothered me because of other factors that I won't go into.

I am pretty sure niffer was joking when she said if it gets closed it means you are IEI. If it doesn't does it mean you are not IEI? I just want to point out that this kind of superficial type of prediction is what a lot of people think Ni is. That is one of the reasons IEI is a popular consideration of type possibility when people are new. I have no opinion on your type anymore for reasons I have stated but you have said things that pinged my Ni radar in the past. I have never talked to you like I have others on the forum who I feel more confident have strong Ni. If any of this is starting to stress you just ask people to stop. Most will because you are well liked.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I actually don't care whether this thread gets closed or not.
    (I'd rather most threads didn't get closed. On some level, I was counting on people not to close it just because I said it would.)

And I don't care whether I get typed as Ni lead or not, haha.

I feel like people are taking this thread way too seriously, especially Bertrand.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually don't care whether this thread gets closed or not.
    (I'd rather most threads didn't get closed.)

And I don't care whether I get typed as Ni lead or not, haha.

It was just a random thought I had.

I feel like people are taking this thread way too seriously, especially Bertrand.
    naw aylen is right, if you asked me to stop I would, but you throw out so much bullshit coupled with absolute self assurance its like a travesty not to correct it. asking me to stop would just be some kind of admission you could be wrong, so of course you wouldn't, you'd rather be provocative then claim I'm some kind of madman. maybe I do care? "who cares the least" isn't some metric of points scored. viewing as it as a game where caring least is a point in a game and whoever cares the least wins is a Fe view, which I don't share, because its worthless and solves nothing

i mean really, do you just expect to go onto in infinity like this. you are young

and aylen is right, its low Ni all around, I see this stuff all the time, including the sycophantic followers

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

naw aylen is right, if you asked me to stop I would, but you throw out so much bullshit coupled with absolute self assurance its like a travesty not to correct it. asking me to stop would just be some kind of admission you could be wrong, so of course you wouldn't, you'd rather be provocative then claim I'm some kind of madman. maybe I do care? who cares the least isn't some metric of points scored. that's how Fe tries to wash over real issues without addressing them, which isn't my style
    I don't think you are a madman?

Anyway, I don't see a point in arguing with someone who has a personal issue with me.
    Anything I say will upset you, so there's no point.

(And this reply of mine will be annoying too, haha, there's no way for me to win this. )

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Oh no, you guys think I am not Ni lead, I should just go kill myself.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think you are a madman?

Anyway, I don't see a point in arguing with someone who has a personal issue with me.
    Anything I say will upset you, so there's no point.

(And this reply of mine will be annoying too, haha, there's no way for me to win this. )

"there's no way to win"

"but I'm right"

>not implying i'm a madman

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*Logs In*- "Hey look the forum is active again!"

*checks the post*- "Oh look its just people fussing and bickering again, carry on."

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

P.S: The fact I am on this forum and regularly post stuff, including blog entries and whatnot, is the most obvious clue to me caring about the theory etc.

But this thread itself is just a dump for all the opinions people have on your type.

Which is okay, but at the end of the day, just like mental masturbation (which I am obviously not unfamiliar with ).

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    *Logs In*- "Hey look the forum is active again!"

*checks the post*- "Oh its just people fussing and bickering again, carry on. "
    Yeah, it is just like Starfall's typing thread back in the day, which eventually got closed by her.

This thread has got the same kind of vibe going on right now.
    It's mildly entertaining. Finally people start caring again?
    It's like the forum is temporarily wakening from its eternal slumber.
    Wake up, Sleeping Beauty. And go to sleep again in a week or two.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"there's no way to win"

"but I'm right"

>not implying i'm a madman
    Hm?

I was just describing my take on the whole matter earlier. Who's right or wrong is not really a question here for me. I was just sharing my thoughts. There's no way to say with utmost certainty who is right or wrong. Typology is not a math equation. It is more like philosophy than anything else. Sure, you could tell Kant that he was wrong about everything he said. But at the same time, that would rather be foolish. It is not that black and white, at the end of the day. People have their opinions, and they have the right to have them. To me, it does not look like Typology will ever reach the certainty of a math equation. It will always remain in somewhat hazy territories. Unfortunately, it is like astrology in that way. A lot of Typology is interpretation. I still favor Typology, because like you I can see its connection to the real world. People actually act in ways conducive to their type. I don't see the same connection between someone's Sun Sign and their behaviour; there's a disconnect for me, in my eyes. Anyhow, why should I admit that my view is wrong? Just because you don't agree with it? Again, there's no way you could ever prove me truly wrong, and vice versa. So why not just let it rest at that point.

*********** 21-04-19:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Socionics needs this way:

Step #1 standardize system(s)
    IFF
    Step #2 use methods in creative manner (according to Reinin system) and discard stiff axiomatic rules
    &
    Step #3 Use and think system as continuum than in discrete states (quantum states are applicable under atomic and subatomic level just check out some nuclear physics and see what kind of a mess it can become, However in approximate sense things like periodic table of elements works fairly well but it is not perfect but really good at giving explanations)

You can not really force the rules on complex systems using simplistic rules. For example law of gravitation works under strict rules but applying it is not straightforward process according to algebra because of somewhat complex interdependence.

Evidence speaks for itself but empirically working formulas do not provide pure understanding, you need the system. I think there's bit of lack on understanding how frameworks like hard sciences work. I'd call it as dialog between and .

So far there's just statistical methods and subjective reports. I don't know what Nardi did but it is probably sketchy at best. Neuroscience some day might help out.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-23-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I regularly see Te valuing types finding an issue with the fact that Socionics lacks a clear standardized typing method or questionnaire. Te valuing types often put a lot of emphasis on test results. But unfortunately, there is no reliable canon test out there, which can be frustrating for them. Furthermore, the Fi ego types often like to rely on the opinions and views of external "expert" opinion, but again, Socionics is a mix of personal opinions. The theories of all those people are making up the typology salad. The only thing that seems to be more or less canon is Model A and perhaps the Quadras. The rest is all a matter of preference and personal perspective. There all kinds of takes on the IMs, the subtypes, the dichotomies, and so forth. In my opinion, this is pretty much Ti. That's also why opinions on someone's type can range very dramatically in Socionics. One person types someone as LSI, the other types them as EIE. I've never seen anything like that in MBTI circles. Yes, MBTI can be overly simplistic, but it is much more standardized in a Te fashion. There is an official test and a simplistic way of typing people by the 4 letters. In that manner, MBTI people ironically agree on someone's type more often, or at least there is not as big of a divergence in opinion. Also, the MBTI has been used for careers and such, which is also rather Te. I am rather sure that the originators of the MBTI were Te valuing. Whereas Socionics is much more navel-gazing in contrast; it is more about understanding the self and others, than actually applying the theory. (That could explain why many Socionists can come up with great theoretical content but somehow fail at typing enough people accurately.)
    Thats just naive and ignorant peoples way of typing. What you say you are in tests is your own conscious and subjective view of yourself and rarely gets into the actual truth about you.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    I think there's bit of lack on understanding how frameworks like hard sciences work.
    yes! I think this happens a lot with sophisticated concepts of all kinds, "science" and "socionics" each being their own domain, but which get "caricaturized" where one constituent element is misunderstood or omitted in a substantial way. I.E.: the Ti or Te aspect is not fully accounted for in the mind and understanding of the person when they invoke the concept, thus they use it to derive wrong conclusions or otherwise warp the framework

I see this all the time and think it is a lack of intuition or perhaps pure ignorance, and lack of intuition is the lack of sense of the lack

thinking Te requires scientific levels of "evidence" is imposing a caricature of science, first of all, onto Te, which science is derived from Te to begin with in the same way socionics is. and the Ti comes after the fact, or radically before in some open ended sense, but its the interplay between the two that grows the understanding. there is no hard and fast "science is Ti" (or Te). "science" as it is taught in classrooms is Ti, right up until they start doing their own science, but that's not science, rather that's the average person's understanding of science, etc etc. if anything science is the process of bridging Ti to Te via systematic means. its a way to codify thinking itself, but it can only do so according to the means available to it, i.e.: intersubjective, objective (as in tangible, Se) evidence. strictly speaking Te is outside that requirement, which is how socionics can be Te without being "science"

phenomenological experience is still "objective" in the Te sense, but not the "scientific" sense, at least for the time being, perhaps we will some day be able to measure it objectively. hence people conflate Te as needing "evidence" that is "real" but real is assumed to be defined as "tangible" when that does not necessarily have to be the case. If it is the case that "real" means "tangible" (in a theoretical framework) that is Ti and Ti valuing

from the point of view of socionics, "real" meaning "tangible" as a pre-ontic condition is Se valuing, but it would be a category error to mix that up with other theories/situations

to put a final spin on it: Te valuing would not preclude the possibility of ghosts and shit a priori the way a Ti valuing scientific materialist would. Its unlikely a Te valuer would, because in general all credible sources say its bullshit, but they could experience things in such a way that would be convincing, and more importantly, its not off the table as a matter of pure logic from the get-go (the way Se PoLR LII would be inclined to go)
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-24-2017 at 07:31 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Socionics needs this way:

Step #1 standardize system(s)
    IFF
    Step #2 use methods in creative manner (according to Reinin system) and discard stiff axiomatic rules
    &
    Step #3 Use and think system as continuum than in discrete states

You can not really force the rules on complex systems using simplistic rules. For example law of gravitation works under strict rules but applying it is not straightforward process according to algebra because of somewhat complex interdependence.

Evidence speaks for itself but empirically working formulas do not provide pure understanding, you need the system. I think there's bit of lack on understanding how frameworks like hard sciences work. I'd call it as dialog between and .

So far there's just statistical methods and subjective reports. I don't know what Nardi did but it is probably sketchy at best. Neuroscience some day might help out.
    Yeah actually the user Smilingeyes produced lots of material on a approach to socionics. I believe you can still dig it up from the articles section (mathematico-mechanical socionics).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone need to take a break and have some milk & cookies?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

Si get out, I'm on a roll here

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si get out, I'm on a roll here
    If you say so. Go get em tiger... or opossum... or whatever you are

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you say so. Go get em tiger... or opossum... or whatever you are
    whats wrong with you its an anteater

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

!!!!! /turns into happy puppy/
    ASDFÖdksjflökaöfl this is so nice and I love cookies and I'm not even arguing all over the place but still this is just so good I didn't even know I needed it. That's a game changer.
    @Bertrand awesome, so you can all just leave it to me. My stomach is thrilled.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    !!!!! /turns into happy puppy/
    ASDFÖdksjflökaöfl this is so nice and I love cookies and I'm not even arguing all over the place but still this is just so good I didn't even know I needed it. That's a game changer.
    @Bertrand awesome, so you can all just leave it to me. My stomach is thrilled.
    too late I already knocked over the milk in a frenzy

this is why you cant be with an Se

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

News: I thought it was a polar bear lmao wtff, the ignorance

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

News: I thought it was a polar bear lmao wtff, the ignorance
    that snout tho are you for real

not to mention dose feet

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

too late I already knocked over the milk in a frenzy

this is why you cant be with an Se
    He seems like he has more milk though
    Also I was going for the coooookiiiies.

Obviously

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that snout tho are you for real

not to mention dose feet
    I thought you just picked a meme version of one Everything is possible nowadays. You know, photoshop twisting our perception.

Now bring the thread topic back

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

really tempted right now to change my name to "meme polar bear"

I feel like it would fit my zany hard to believe its real posting style

then I'd probably definitely get banned for trolling tho

/squints/ hopefully not your plan all along

ok ok back on topic

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    ducks always have a weird look in their eye, like I cant tell if theyre chill or not

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your animal totem.

Anteater Lethargy, curiosity, nosiness, ability to smell out trouble, rooting around for solutions, finding the lost.

Spirit Animal - Anteater

Picture from http://www.zooborns.typepad.com/

Anteater is unique to Central and South America. It is Great Spirit’s answer to the vegetation being overrun by ants and termites. Anteater is a four legged pest control solution. Usually shades of grey with some yellowish white fur, Anteater blends in to the forests and jungles and grasslands. Although very slow moving, and with a body temperature lower than other mammals, Anteater has long, razor sharp claws for ripping apart tree trunks two feet in diameter. If attacked by a jaguar, Anteater will defend itself, and even kill the hunter. She will also use her claws to climb high into trees, searching for food.

Anteater is about the senses. It has poor eye sight and very acute hearing – it can hear termites chewing in a tree trunk! Anteater also has a good sense of smell, and can smell ants to track them to a hive. The tongue is used for taste as well as a weapon to trap ants or termites and pull them into its mouth and then swallow down to the stomach. Where other mammals have teeth, Anteater has sticky barbs on its tongue to spear its prey and begin breaking it up. If attacked, Anteater will rear up on its hind legs and hug the attacker to it (touch) and then dig its sharp claws into the back and break it.

If Anteater has appeared to you recently, she brings several messages. Is there something in your life that is “bugging” you? How will you solve it? Have you grabbed on to something and now, you do not know what to do with it? Anteater’s advice, rip into it, and get to the very core of the issue. All can be resolved.

Are things as they appear? Remember, if you don’t see clearly, anyone can try to trick you. If it doesn’t “smell” right, then the deal or situation probably has some flaws. Using Anteater’s strategy, climb higher up for a better view. Stand back from the situation and observe what is really happening.

https://angelsandancestors.blogspot.com/2009/04/spirit-animal-anteater.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's awesome anteaters are the coolest

I had no idea

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hai gais
    I got bored and have no lyfe and I'm gay, so I'm always here to talk about people's types. Don't forget about me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me just say that VI is in no way something that an LIE would be likely to engage in.

When I told my father (LIE) about socionics he essentially dismissed it as pseudoscientific nonsense. What do you think he might say about VI?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Let me just say that VI is in no way something that an LIE would be likely to engage in.

When I told my father (LIE) about socionics he essentially dismissed it as pseudoscientific nonsense. What do you think he might say about VI?
    Congruently V.I. is pretty Alpha*, impression of looks and system.
    *As is socionics itself

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congruently V.I. is pretty Alpha*, impression of looks and system.
    *As is socionics itself
    I feel like gamma is the most mis understood and projected upon quadra too for this reason

it totally makes sense to me how understanding LIE could be lynchpin to all sorts of reverberate effects

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post

In my opinion?

Maybe him being LIE has little bearing on a group of strangers with different experiences and self-concepts over-analyzing and over-simplifying their social interactions through Socionics.

Maybe...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some other typing to throw in the mix. I only noticed this recently: Slugabed. Not SLI. ego all the way, ESI excluded.

For instance, she sent me these videos in the visitor messages with the comment: "I've a lot of funny material, I'll share it with you."

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol does Si not like that stuff? cause im lolin just at the first frame