Thread: Checking my type - LSI or SLI (or other)?

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Checking my type - LSI or SLI (or other)?

So, I am just wondering what my type is for certain.

I can say, that I have friends in both Alpha and Gamma and I get along roughly equally with each. However the Beta and Deltas are lacking, so I am finding it hard to ascertain just which of these I am in.

I am definitely an introverted individual. By no small stretch of the imagination could I be conceived as an extrovert. I am also quite definitely sensing and logical, and others' views of me echo this. I am focused on the present and the past, with a more linear and close-minded view of the future. However I am not too involved with the present, being more of an observer. I have fairly strong ethics, being considered a good/kind person and such, but am more strongly a logical person, offering a more detached input into things.

So, how would I go about determining if I am Beta or Delta? Or how could I help the members here to help me determine it?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ime LSI is quite present-focused and relates very little to the past. The future for them means how they're going to lead their goals to completion (even if they may not estimate well enough where things are going far-ahead). And they could be called principled or responsible rather than "good-natured". I've never heard a LSI say they're moral or kind; they would probably not find any pleasure or pride in such qualifiers, although they may be flattered or touched if someone can see some "humane" qualities in them as well (think Gerd Wiesler in The Lives of Others for a representation of how LSI would understand ethics). Usually LSIs come across as a bit meaner than SLIs and they tend to objectify people a bit.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    I have fairly strong ethics, being considered a good/kind person and such, but am more strongly a logical person, offering a more detached input into things.
    I think it's not uncommon for thinkers to have strong ethical beliefs. Especially the IxTx-types typically have an own "moral code" which helps them to judge their own and other people's actions and convictions.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, I am just wondering what my type is for certain.

I can say, that I have friends in both Alpha and Gamma and I get along roughly equally with each. However the Beta and Deltas are lacking, so I am finding it hard to ascertain just which of these I am in.

I am definitely an introverted individual. By no small stretch of the imagination could I be conceived as an extrovert. I am also quite definitely sensing and logical, and others' views of me echo this. I am focused on the present and the past, with a more linear and close-minded view of the future. However I am not too involved with the present, being more of an observer. I have fairly strong ethics, being considered a good/kind person and such, but am more strongly a logical person, offering a more detached input into things.

So, how would I go about determining if I am Beta or Delta? Or how could I help the members here to help me determine it?
    Are you quite an authoritative person?

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say: my theory is that MBTI and socionics are both looking at the same 16 types. I am Si-Te/ISTJ by MBTI functions, which I believe makes me Ti-Se/ISTj by socionics functions.

I believe they are the same because when typing based on MBTI, all the intertype relations from socionics seem to hold true.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The more you post, the more your natural type and thought process will come out without your even trying, and it will become obvious. So in the meantime just amuse us by answering our questions.

What do you like to do for fun?
    Do you have any travel plans or vacations this year?
    What do you do for work or career?
    Someone steals your lunch. How do you react?
    Do you have any pets?
    What country are you from?
    Do you like sports?
    What kind of books do you like, if any?
    I don't do a lot for fun, I mostly just laze around, listening to music etc. Also, I play poker, play some guitar and piano, sometimes play basketball/tennis, read, watch TV.

I might go to queensland to visit a friend.

I study mathematics, with aims to become a statistician. I also have a clerical job working in a library, and recently had another job that had tasks like filling out pricing forms, searching maps.

If it's a friend stealing -some- of my lunch I would be like "Can you ASK first?" and show signs of irritation. If it's just some douchebag, I would probably arc up a bit, demand he give it back but ultimately not be taken seriously.

I have 2 cats and a dog. I like to type my pets.

I'm from Australia.

As I mentioned earlier, I play some tennis and basketball. I'm not bad at them in comparison to people who don't play.

I like books like the Iliad/Odyssey, as well as philosophy. Books I've read recently include a book on Jung and Christianity, the Bhagavad Gita, and Crowley's Magick.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Ime LSI is quite present-focused and relates very little to the past. The future for them means how they're going to lead their goals to completion (even if they may not estimate well enough where things are going far-ahead). And they could be called principled or responsible rather than "good-natured". I've never heard a LSI say they're moral or kind; they would probably not find any pleasure or pride in such qualifiers, although they may be flattered or touched if someone can see some "humane" qualities in them as well (think Gerd Wiesler in The Lives of Others for a representation of how LSI would understand ethics). Usually LSIs come across as a bit meaner than SLIs and they tend to objectify people a bit.
    I was going to mention how the future for me consists a lot in things like, completing my university degree and ultimately getting a career, and becoming a healthier person. Is this similar to what you mean?

As for me being kind... I think this trait runs in my family. I probably would have it less-so than the feelers in my family. However I do get comments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Are you quite an authoritative person?
    No, I don't think so. But maybe I could be under the right circumstances.
    Last edited by Xenith; 07-20-2014 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Reread th functions in the blog in my signature
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I think you are an ISTp

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey great blog, maritsa.

To the OP, I think you may be an SLI, from the description do not notice any volitional Se (just going off what you wrote, what happens in your head and reality is another thing altogether).

What about others? Do you recognize what sorts of qualities you like in others? What qualities would those be?

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, SLI does seem more likely now. Interesting.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, SLI does seem more likely now. Interesting.
    Ugh, if you were a chick id persue you. Id say delta over beta since you do have a lot of interests but don't describe them mainly in terms of "fun" (serious rather than merry).

i think there was one sli description that said slis like occult systems such as tarot and such.

No no problems with seeing you as sli (lsi's are the ese's from alpha, can't stomach most of them)

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Ugh, if you were a chick id persue you.
    xD

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing here leaps out as LSI -- the details and how you narrate them. This is not to say you're not LSI, but based on this thread, I would not have guessed LSI without you raising the question.