Thread: ENTp or ENFp? (Video)

Default ENTp or ENFp? (Video)

I think I have come to the conclusion that I am an extraverted intuition dominant personality but I am having difficulty deciding between ENFp and ENTp. Here is a video of me from a couple of months ago just talking at a camera it would be great if someone could tell me their opinion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ysh_vgf5jE

I'm just having trouble deciding if my auxiliary function is Fi or Ti. Personally, I think that I exhibit Ne and Fe, which means that I could be in the alpha quadra and therefore a LIE. I just struggle with understanding the introverted judging functions.

Thanks for the help!

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the moment I opened up the video - ENTp, can hardly look further.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was also thinking ENTp from the vid but not sure. Main differences between the two types is that they belong to different quadras and are vulnerable at what the other is creative in. Basically, each quadra has four types that share the same valued functions. You seem more Alpha but tell me which ones you fit better:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...fications.html

If you're new, you should also read up on model A to understand how the functions and blocks are structured. Each function has a role in our type but it manifests differently depending on it. With Fi, for example, ENFps use that creatively whereas it's a vulnerable function for ENTps. Vice-versa for ENTps and ENFps with Ti. It would probably be easier to see what quadra you fit in better but click here and you can read about certain functions. That's a link to Fi, read about creative Fi for ExFps and vulnerable Fi for ExTps and then click on Ti to read about how it's used creatively for ENTps and vulnerably for ENFps.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

neither ENFP nor ENTP. you're trying very hard to play up the "extroverted intuitive" image.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennhetlee View Post

I'm just having trouble deciding if my auxiliary function is Fi or Ti. Personally, I think that I exhibit Ne and Fe, which means that I could be in the alpha quadra and therefore a LIE. I just struggle with understanding the introverted judging functions.

Thanks for the help!
    LIE is gamma and ENTj, you mean ILE which is ENTp. Seems you already know about the quadras so some of my last post may have been unnecessary. What do you mean by exhibiting Fe though? Is it something you value in others or are just good at? In model A, ENFps actually have stronger Fe than ENTps since they are ethical types. They even have a more sophisticated grasp on Fe than SEIs and IEIs since their Fe is 4 dimensional while it's 3 dimensional with the latter. For ENFps, Fe is used demonstratively so they can use it well but don't prioritize it over Fi and may use it in a mocking manner since information related to Fe is obvious but somewhat unimportant to them. With ENTps, Fe is the mobilizing function also known as the hidden agenda and they may somewhat depend on others to supply it since it's 2 dimensional for them but they generally value it especially over Fi.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    neither ENFP nor ENTP. you're trying very hard to play up the "extroverted intuitive" image.
    Haha, is this impression mainly from how he was blowing up a balloon in the beginning? What do you think he is then? Ne HA? Ne demonstrative? IEI?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Haha, is this impression mainly from how he was blowing up a balloon in the beginning? What do you think he is then? Ne HA? Ne demonstrative? IEI?
    that, and how frantically he talks, and how he opens his eyes really wide, and how wildly he gesticulates, and how he returns to the balloon about 1 minute in, and how he laughs for no apparent reason, and how at 3:08 he puts on a random display of whistling; really, the whole thing just makes me sick. he's trying so hard to be random and zany, and that isn't at all what Ne is about.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    that, and how frantically he talks, and how he opens his eyes really wide, and how wildly he gesticulates, and how he returns to the balloon about 1 minute in, and how he laughs for no apparent reason, and how at 3:08 he puts on a random display of whistling; really, the whole thing just makes me sick. he's trying so hard to be random and zany, and that isn't at all what Ne is about.
    I see what you mean and I did find the balloon part a bit lame too. But yeah, I guess he did say he's seen some vids on how NeTi is supposed to be so maybe he's trying to fit the mold? Perhaps he's over exaggerating but I'm not sure if that means he's not Ne dom, you know? I would still guess Ne/Si valuing and I could see this kid needing an Si dom to make sure he doesn't burn his cereal in the morning.

I'm kidding but yeah, he doesn't seem like someone who would value Se to me but that's just my impression.

Apologies for the nausea and thanks for the response. I've tried many times on different forums to actually get replies like these, so it's all good. I really don't want to further the stereotype of extraverted intuitive types, primarily the first video was me messing around and making something that is possibly entertaining, I haven't actually watched it for a while...

I'm going to upload some more other videos of me, which will perhaps clear up whether or not you think I am playing up some sort of 'Ne omg so much funlmao<33333' attitude. Maybe you just have to know someone in reality, it's slightly difficult to get the full perspective from just one video. I'm not entirely sure what the whistling was about either. Sorry if in the previous video I seemed like I was trying to fit into a mould, I'm not trying to be anything, I would just like some clarification on something that I find kind of interesting
    (donthurtmewithyourbroadband).

Whenever I seem to do the text questionnaires on forums I never seem to get quite the response I would like and videos seem to a better way of typing someone if you don't know them, however I find that videos like these are self-revealing and I find it difficult to act serious and have a serious conversation with a laptop when the response I get might be along the lines of 'what a twat'. I suppose you could say, me being immature, I would feel uncomfortable talking entirely seriously (however revealing that side to a bunch of strangers doesn't seem that great.) Regardless I attempted to make a video where I act seriously but watching it back in all probability you might think that I am acting again. I would just like to know what type do you think I am, how can I use this to improve myself, thanks! I obviously came across badly in the first video... Also yup, got the letters the wrong way round for ENTp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tAY2Z8po04&feature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apologies for the nausea and thanks for the response. I've tried many times on different forums to actually get replies like these, so it's all good. I really don't want to further the stereotype of extraverted intuitive types, primarily the first video was me messing around and making something that is possibly entertaining, I haven't actually watched it for a while...

I'm going to upload some more other videos of me, which will perhaps clear up whether or not you think I am playing up some sort of 'Ne omg so much funlmao<33333' attitude. Maybe you just have to know someone in reality, it's slightly difficult to get the full perspective from just one video. I'm not entirely sure what the whistling was about either. Sorry if in the previous video I seemed like I was trying to fit into a mould, I'm not trying to be anything, I would just like some clarification on something that I find kind of interesting
    (donthurtmewithyourbroadband).

Whenever I seem to do the text questionnaires on forums I never seem to get quite the response I would like and videos seem to a better way of typing someone if you don't know them, however I find that videos like these are self-revealing and I find it difficult to act serious and have a serious conversation with a laptop when the response I get might be along the lines of 'what a twat'. I suppose you could say, me being immature, I would feel uncomfortable talking entirely seriously (however revealing that side to a bunch of strangers doesn't seem that great.) Regardless I attempted to make a video where I act seriously but watching it back in all probability you might think that I am acting again. I would just like to know what type do you think I am, how can I use this to improve myself, thanks! I obviously came across badly in the first video... Also yup, got the letters the wrong way round for ENTp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tAY2Z8po04&feature=youtu.be
    It's cool, dude. Ummm, your last video says private though. And you're right about the whole having to know someone in reality thing. It'll at least be more accurate. I mean, we will mainly see what you show us. Like I said earlier, it would probably be better if you read up on model A and stuff. How far have you looked into Socionics?
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 07-13-2014 at 02:31 AM.

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII is my guess

It's cool, dude. Ummm, your last video says private though. And you're right about the whole having to know someone in reality thing. It'll at least be more accurate. I mean, we will mainly see what you show us. Like I said earlier, it would probably be better if you read up on model A and stuff. How far have you looked into Socionics?
    Woops, I changed it to unlisted. I wouldn't say I have an in depth understanding of socionics, I know the functions to some extent, the quadras, type a and type b personalities and kind of how different types interact with each other. I've looked at Model A before but never really too much, I'm looking at it now though. I do value extraverted sensing, I admire kind of like the Se drive to get things done and the practicality, I sometimes want to come across as more serious like people in the beta and gamma quadras however I'm pretty sure I can't do it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i wondered why the baloon was there, and then it was boring and i stopped watching. sorry.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i wondered why the baloon was there, and then it was boring and i stopped watching. sorry.
    Lol!

Woops, I changed it to unlisted. I wouldn't say I have an in depth understanding of socionics, I know the functions to some extent, the quadras, type a and type b personalities and kind of how different types interact with each other. I've looked at Model A before but never really too much, I'm looking at it now though. I do value extraverted sensing, I admire kind of like the Se drive to get things done and the practicality, I sometimes want to come across as more serious like people in the beta and gamma quadras however I'm pretty sure I can't do it.
    Kk, cool. Just saw your vid. Can't tell either way but thanks for making a more natural one. Ummm, can't tell if your Se 'valuing' is Se role (ENxps) or Se-seeking (INXps). Valuing is just what they call it but I guess the difference is that Se role is more of a "I should be better at this" thing and Se seeking would be more of a "I suck at this but admire it in others and would appreciate help related to it" kind of thing. Anyways, read up more on model A. I find it fairly easy after understanding the system what my own type was. If you want a quick guess, here's a cool test I sort of like. It's not perfect but it's more flexible than most tests since you can answer any amount of questions you want. I'd answer like 3-4 or until there's one type left if I were you and only the ones you're sure about. Like I chose intuitive, ethical, asking and result-oriented and got my type. The test is based off of Reinin dichotomies which may also be good to look into.

Good luck on your typing journey, buddy.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Good luck on your typing journey, buddy.
    Now who's being an asshole.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now who's being an asshole.
    Naw, I mean it though! He's just got into Socionics and figuring out one's type can be a journey. I don't really want to guess his type based on a video and think he should learn about it and figure out his type for himself.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Naw, I mean it though! He's just got into Socionics and figuring out one's type can be a journey. I don't really want to guess his type based on a video and think he should learn about it and figure out his type for himself.
    You shouldn't really call people you don't know buddy, it comes across as insincere and rude.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You shouldn't really call people you don't know buddy, it comes across as insincere and rude.
    Oh? I see. I guess that can make it seem condescending or whatever.

Guys, I don't mind I just appreciate any response considering how my previous posts in other forums didn't really get any replies. I don't mind being called buddy but I appreciate the concern. Thanks for the link to the test, I'm just going to look into it more myself, I deleted the video, the cringe level was too much for me to handle. Have a good day ya'll.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

cute. you'd make good vampire impersonation for halloween. regarding your type I was hovering over Ixxj-Pe - IJ temperament, irrational subtype, LII-Ne or LSI-Se. you seemed similar to this Nicholas Hoult guy: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Nicholas-Hoult