Thread: Intuitives and experiences of being in the moment

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Intuitives and experiences of being in the moment

Last edited by suedehead; 03-30-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

". I feel like the difference between me and the way a Se-user experiences that though, is that I always ended up conceptualizing it, as if it was something removed from me."

erm.

I'm oblivious as fuck at times and conceptualize shit all the time. Everything you post screams not an Si- valuer. and you ask a ton of questions and make a ton of threads. (like you are seeking Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Try using paragraphs. I can't read this.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Try using paragraphs. I can't read this.
    How ironic!
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 07-12-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being in the moment happens to me rarely. Most of the time I'm thinking about the past or future. It's not any complicated "conceptualizing," it's just going over how I got here, wondering what will happen next. A Se ego can take me out of this state almost against my will, "before I have time to think about it."

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

For me it is like a simultaneous awareness of past, present, future all swirling around in my brain but I need some kind of sensory input to put me completely in the moment... but then again I wonder if I am ever completely in the moment since I am not sure how others experience being in the moment. I need to rethink this because something feels "off".

Example: When I am really startled, I get this sharp almost painful rush of adrenaline that feels like it is coursing through my veins (almost like pins and needles and it sort of hits me all over, until it reaches my head) and I feel completely in the moment then, perhaps.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Creepy-male

It depends. With the most intensive experiences of being in the moment I feel like Alexander the Great commanding troops on the fly in battle -- so like a feeling of being in the zone and spontaneously ducking-dodging and attacking some obstacle. With moments of intuitive experiences or flashes of insight it's as though past, present, and future have collided into the eternal.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind me to write in the thread.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to "be in the moment", I need to be overwhelmed with physicality first.
    Otherwise I'm off on tangents and daydreams.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    It depends. With the most intensive experiences of being in the moment I feel like Alexander the Great commanding troops on the fly in battle -- so like a feeling of being in the zone and spontaneously ducking-dodging and attacking some obstacle.
    I relate to this bit. Most of the professions I'm interested in require a lot of being in this state of focus and "in the moment." I like situations wherein not being in the moment = failure. Not so much acting, because that's TOO in the moment, but directing plays and directing/producing live television are both really great for this (hence the professions I'm interested in). It's great because it's a lot of focus and you're in the moment in the sense that you have to be completely immersed, completely paying attention. But you're also always planning a step ahead. You're constantly active in the moment, but it's usually to set up something that exists two steps down the road. That's a nice balance for me, and I feel good when I'm in that kind of state. It's tough for me to get there unless I'm in a situation wherein, as I said, not being in the moment = failure. Afterwards, I'm always drained in a good way. And each time I do something like that, each shoot or rehearsal, it makes it easier to climb into that mindset for the next time. I think it's really healthy for me actually.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I relate to this bit. Most of the professions I'm interested in require a lot of being in this state of focus and "in the moment." I like situations wherein not being in the moment = failure. Not so much acting, because that's TOO in the moment, but directing plays and directing/producing live television are both really great for this (hence the professions I'm interested in). It's great because it's a lot of focus and you're in the moment in the sense that you have to be completely immersed, completely paying attention. But you're also always planning a step ahead. You're constantly active in the moment, but it's usually to set up something that exists two steps down the road. That's a nice balance for me, and I feel good when I'm in that kind of state. It's tough for me to get there unless I'm in a situation wherein, as I said, not being in the moment = failure. Afterwards, I'm always drained in a good way. And each time I do something like that, each shoot or rehearsal, it makes it easier to climb into that mindset for the next time. I think it's really healthy for me actually.
    I've noticed it while doing various high stakes jobs like forest fire fighting or manning a catering crew to feed a few thousand people that involved high stress immediate thinking and action, as well as in sports. Given my own interest in filmmaking, I'd imagine that these sorts of experiences are probably some of the best to prepare for shoots -- for the purposes of problem solving, as well as for artistic spontaneity.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no difference in perception of being in the moment between intuitive and sensing types. They both possess the same sensorial apparatus.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit