Thread: Six Feet Under

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Six Feet Under

What are the Types of the characters in this show (Six Feet Under), specifically, David Fisher? If indeed they have discernible Types. I'm still new to Socionics and honestly don't have a clue...Nate and Claire are extroverts, David and Ruth are introverts, maybe? Not to mention that I haven't seen past Season 2, although I pretty much spoiled it by having no restraint and scanning Wikipedia, but please put up a spoiler warning if you intend to reveal anything major.
    -
    [Stormy] [LII]

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Six Feet Under HBO show

Old HBO show a few years ago. Family drama.

Six Feet Under characters (my observations):

David: INFp
    Keith: ESTp
    Claire: ISFp
    That lezzie claire had a thing with: ENTp
    Ruth: ISFj
    George: ENTj
    Brenda: ENFp
    Nate: ESFp
    Joe: ENFp

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vanessa: ESFj
    Rico: Umm..... i don't know. ISFp?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some drunk girl once told me I looked like someone on that show, but when I looked over the cast I had no idea who she was talking about.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

david as infp? that's quite ridiculous. he is an Fi dominant type. likely ISFj or INFj, a particularly austere one at that.
    asd

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Proof of that? Just because you say something strongly without good evidence doesn't make it fact. Also, I can showboat about 5 times better than you anyway.

I can see INFj, though.

His chemistry with keith isn't that good as I thought it would be. I mean they don't really ever have a good relationship, just seem to play up the whole homoerotic cop thing, but it's tv/drama so they gotta always be fighting to make things interesting. That's why tv is so annoying. Is a happy relationship really that boring?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God when they try to show affection it all feels so forced. Well it is kind of a dark show, and pretty gritty so yeah but still... its almost like everybody is being 'I really don't wanna be in a relationship, I'm here just to do this blah blah.'

I've always disliked shows primarily about relationships for this very reason. Even though, it's something we all want when we observe them they just feel dead inside to me. I think it would be better if the series was more plot-heavy and instead just had like two really really good and interesting (and happy) relationships.

Still the writing can be interesting at times, and the writers can come up with some truly smart shit that seems realistic while still being interesting.

I liked Brenda's issues in season 2 though, with the whole sexual addiction thing. She's an interesting character, and probably my most favorite.

I'm not done yet though... in the middle of season 4 now. But almost there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to watch it, I think it lacks the edginess of most show, nothing to keep you to watch the next episode.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They just try too hard to be realistic. But obviously, we already know how mundane and blah realism is, we watch tv for escapism. I think they were trying hard to indirectly send a message, so yeah.

I much prefer soap opera-ism actually then the dysfunctional neuroticism that is the fischer family. Actually I don't like the show as much as I think about it.

It has some good moments though. But over-all I think it's rather 'too dead' to reel me in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Proof of that? Just because you say something strongly without good evidence doesn't make it fact. Also, I can showboat about 5 times better than you anyway.

I can see INFj, though.

His chemistry with keith isn't that good as I thought it would be. I mean they don't really ever have a good relationship, just seem to play up the whole homoerotic cop thing, but it's tv/drama so they gotta always be fighting to make things interesting. That's why tv is so annoying. Is a happy relationship really that boring?
    his austere nature is present in the very first episode where he is introduced. His father has just died, but he is very unemotional about it. He deals with his emotions by applying a moral ethic to the situation, in particular the scene in which his brother and the apprentice mortician are talking about something trivial, and he reacts by saying something about 'how his father has just died, and this is no time for sloppiness, etc'. Very much an strong Fi rational moment.
    asd

so is there an other thread for this series?i want to know the types of the characters before i start watching it.who's sick.

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE friend says:

David: SEI
    Nate: IEE
    that crazy girl lol forgot her name : LII or ILI
    Ruth: SEI?
    Claire: IEI or EII

Dear god it's been forever since I've watched. I really need to again.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked six feet under. Very interesting at times, 'The Plan' episode made me crack up I don't know if you remember that one or if its on a later season. However at times it was so realistic/gritty that it felt boring. Like nothing happened but the ho-dum dum of life + death.

I'm a lot like David. Moralistic, insecure, good-hearted, will kick anybody's ass if I've had enough -- and I get fucked by hot black guys.

And I LOVED Brenda. I loved how smart & complicated she was, and how much she called stuck-up professional people out on their shit and how much she tried to do the right thing despite having fucked-up parents like that... She's like an inspiration to me.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been watching this show lately. I'm almost through season 2.

Seems like
    Ruth - SEI-Si
    Nate - SLE-Ti
    Claire - becoming very ILI over IEI
    David - not sure. he definitely has introverted intuition going on, so either gamma nt or beta nf or maybe both, depending on his character
    Keith - ESI-Se

Everyone else
    balls