Thread: Annie leibovitz

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Annie leibovitz

i'm reading "at work" and the way she describes her creative process is interesting. she seems confident in her own vision in an inspiring way. i don't have any particular opinion on her type yet.

“A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people.”

“If I didn't have my camera to remind me constantly, I am here to do this, I would eventually have slipped away, I think. I would have forgotten my reason to exist.”

“The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.”

“There's an idea that it's hard to be a woman artist. People assume that women have fewer opportunities, less power. But it's not any harder to be a woman artist than to be a male artist. We all take what we are given and use the parts of ourselves that feed the work. We make our way. Photographers, men and women, are particularly lucky. Photography lets you find yourself. It is a passport to people and places and to possibilities.”

“For me, the story about the pictures is about almost losing myself, and coming back, and what it means to be deeply involved in a subject. The thing that saved me was that I had my camera by my side. It was there to remind me who I was and what I did. It separated me from them.”

“Things happen in front of you. That's perhaps the most wonderful and mysterious aspect of photography. It seemed like you just had to decide when and where to aim the camera. The process was linear and it never stopped. That's still true, although I've traded in my need for always taking pictures. I can't let them go by sometimes now and just be there.”

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

nobody answers my famous person threads, you guys suck. @Suedehead @Subteigh @Radio @woofwoofl @Galen

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never even heard of this person, slow down

Seems Fi/Te valuing and XXXj.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    nobody answers my famous person threads, you guys suck. @Suedehead @Subteigh @Radio @woofwoofl @Galen

All I can tell for now is likely sp/sx; not just a sense of aesthetic, but the losing of self and coming back, the camera being there as the reminder; the sx would be visible in a flickering position of intermittence. Also leaning serious, then gamma, then Fi-ESI. I've got a huge write-up on syn-flow versus contra-flow on the way...

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could be Fi-base.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)