Thread: Member Questionnaire (AdamGrylls92)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (AdamGrylls92)

Member Questionnaire 1 (AdamGrylls92)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    This is the last question I answered. Tired of typing. The universal is beautiful.
    Love is many things but between two humans it is validation, acceptance, ease of communication, yearn to experience things with one another, common goals and values, emotional, intellectual and physical intimacy. In the words of Ray Bradbury "“Why love the woman who is your wife? Her nose breathes in the air of a world that I know; therefore I love that nose. Her ears hear music I might sing half the night through; therefore I love her ears. Her eyes delight in seasons of the land; and so I love those eyes. Her tongue knows quince, peach, chokeberry, mint and lime; I love to hear it speaking. Because her flesh knows heat, cold, affliction, I know fire, snow, and pain. Shared and once again shared experience.”
    What are your most important values?
    Attempting to look at the world from a holistic perspective. Cultivating your environment to reflect the person you want to be.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I am fairly spiritual but it has a scientific basis. All matter and energy in the universe is recycled. My body is constructed from the remains of long dead stars. 96% of the universe is composed of stuff that we are unable to detect with out limited human senses and most likely are unable to comprehend. To me this knowledge is makes the universe beautiful. It makes me feel infinitely small yet absolutely connected. Sometimes I toy with the idea that the properties behind "The Secret" bear some truth but I have not fully accepted it.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Generally take an Anti-intervention stance in terms of foreign military disputes, although when someone is able to provide a logical reason to intervene I reluctantly accept the idea but do not defend it. I think the united states military is corrupted from corporate interests. I see the benefits of having a standing military for defensive purposes but overall the united states drains it's pockets needlessly into fiscal black holes.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely right? Ha. The first tyrants were not perceived as being malicious beings solely seeking self gain. Power used for properly is good and power used improperly is bad. Power is something that I do not wish to have because I see myself as incapable of using it properly but is something I wish to have so I could attempt to right the wrongs in the world.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I have long conversations about relationships between people that I surround myself with. I talk about ideas a lot, I pick up on broader concepts pretty easily. I love listening to people speak about their passions. I consume TedTalks, Radiolab, StarTalk, Escapepod and Castlepod like a fiend. I am interested in people, mostly because I believe that if I understand humans well enough I will be able to overcome my own shortcomings. This broad interest leads me to interested in nutrition, psychology, sociology, politics, economics, physiology. I also like writing, running, hiking, camping, reading, cartography, gardening, rpg video games that allow for character customization and general adventures.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes. See last question.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I wish I could commit to them because I recognize their value.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    The ASOIAF series. Anything by Ray Bradbury, he usually makes me cry. Binge watching star trek right now.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Cry: Ray Bradbury, the one time I have ever been in love, my relationship with my best friend, not much else. I generally cry because something makes me happy or I find something to be beautiful.
    Smile: Just about everything that makes me cry, people, tv shows, laying in the sun looking upward, the children I work with, running, podcasts. Generally because I find it to be amusing or beautiful.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    On my back looking at the sky through tree branches. When I catch myself interacting using the same cadence, mannerisms, and general language patterns as my friends. When I am walking with my dogs with my brother and we are bouncing ideas for our respective writing projects off of one another. When the music that is playing aligns perfectly with my mood and the environment I am in.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My percieved weaknesses and what I dislike about myself are almost one in the same: Inconsistency, unreliability, inability to finish a project, perceived arrogance, more interested in hobbies and less interested in activities that pay off in the long run.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Once again pretty much one in the same: Caring, objective, honest, funny, empathetic, understand others problems well and offer well thought out answers with multiple possible outcomes, outgoing, ability to take control when necessary, generally formulate plans with short term outcomes.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would love financial assistance, time management assistance, and a general life coach capable of keeping me on track with my school work and my emotions
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Most recent rut was a crisis of philosophy. I could not draw a conclusion as to why humans exist and why I should keep living. I had also suffered multiple general defeats in my endeavors in life. I was also finding very little gratification in my job in retail. I reacted by at first over compensating emotionally. I went out on the weekends and drank more than I normally would and forced myself to laugh and smile and interact assuming it would make me feel better. I gradually spiraled into a reclusion from even my closest friends and was finally pulled out of it by slowly exposing myself to my closest friends once more.
    The rut before that was because of a painful romantic relationship that I was forced to end multiple times. It followed a similar pattern.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are outgoing, conscious of their surroundings both intimately and on a wide scale level, adventurous, emotionally and materially reciprocal, and versatile. My best friend is ESE, his girlfriend who is also one of my dearest friends is SLI, my brother my mother and a close friend of mine are both EII and another close friend of mine is ILE. My sister is SEI and we bounce back and fourth between being on civil terms and hating each other. The person who got me interested in socionics to begin with is LII
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Romantic actions are great when they invoke a positive reaction out of the recipient. I find them to be fairly superficial and I react little to them. True romance is connecting with someone emotionally or intellectually, just bathing in someones presence. Sex is great and most of my endeavors are quite fulfilling for both parties but I am generally hesitant about initiating physical contact and sometimes even verbal contact. Although that has become less of a problem as I have grown. I want someone I can communicate with, someone who is supportive and keeps me focused and moving forward, someone who can still enjoy a conceptual view of the world. Someone who I can bring around my friends and will not confine me to a social cage.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Bringing them up in a perfect environment so that they could realize their optimal potential. Thus I do not want to have kids. I would most likely move because I disagree with mainstream American culture. I would make sure that my food and water was free of toxic chemicals. I would refrain from using toxic chemicals in my household. I would want them to take karate growing up and I would make sure that they were enrolled in programs that allowed them to socialize with other children outside of school. I would most likely enroll them in a waldorf style school. I would want them to be exposed to adults other than myself and would my mind raising them in a community home with my closest friends and their families. Blah blah blah. The list goes on.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depending on my mood I might probe them to find out why they believe what they believe but generally I tend to avoid attempting to convince others of my own logic unless it is asked for or I know that my opinion is respected by the person in question. If I find their belief to be appalling it may push me away from them. Example of opinion that made me immediately dislike someone: Fucking dirty hipster at warehouse party: "I like noise music. Most people don't like noise music. One time I saw this noise band that cut a cat in half on stage"
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Most people don't get me. They don't get what I am about. They perceive me as arrogant and snobby. Other men don't understand my lack of competitive drive. I stopped trying to fit in a while ago though. It still drives me crazy when me ESE best friend uses the world "normal"
    I see people as a whole as generally mislead but hopefully awakening.
    TWO prevalent social problems: Political apathy, acceptance of misinformation.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends by quality of character, not by proximity or social group. I have a few very close friends but I lead an active social life that leads me to interact with many people from many different subcultures.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I generally feel more outgoing around strangers and people that I don't know than with people I have met on a few occasions. I have little problem striking up conversation with strangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be more helpful to post pictures for VI or just link to FB?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://labs.five.com

Semi-offtopic, but could you post your Five Labs scores for me?

scribbles in the dark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://labs.five.com/hxcpiofe8751

Hahaha. This is kind of funny. Is it based off the big 5 personality theory?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah! Something about this technique here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3783449/

It was really a publicity stunt for their new social network, because we definitely need another one that people are definitely going to adopt and stay with. Like G+.

If you know your Big Five %iles, that's even better.

scribbles in the dark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you happen to know a good site for figuring out my big 5 %'s?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.personal.psu.edu/j5j/IPIP/

I use this one. It's 300 questions long though!

I don't see any reason to disagree with IEE based on Big Five, but as an exercise, if you had to argue why you're not an IEE, what would you say?

scribbles in the dark

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    http://labs.five.com

Semi-offtopic, but could you post your Five Labs scores for me?
    is that legit? How can you analyze someone´s FB posts ...aren´t most fb posts adjusted to the public? only on this forum could you get close to ppl´s real big fives, that´s how loose it is.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    is that legit? How can you analyze someone´s FB posts ...aren´t most fb posts adjusted to the public? only on this forum could you get close to ppl´s real big fives, that´s how loose it is.
    It's pretty fast and loose, but, it's a nice start. Like, it gets that I have high openness and low extraversion, but then it concludes I lack conscientiousness because I'm an unemployed student, and am disagreeable because I'm not religious. I linked the study they based their system off earlier if you're interested in where they're coming from.

scribbles in the dark

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    It's pretty fast and loose, but, it's a nice start. Like, it gets that I have high openness and low extraversion, but then it concludes I lack conscientiousness because I'm an unemployed student, and am disagreeable because I'm not religious. I linked the study they based their system off earlier if you're interested in where they're coming from.
    I'll check that, thnx. If they analyzed the stuff I post for my FB friends (who are mostly ex and current colleagues), they'd get High Conscientiousness, moderate Extraversion, High Openness, High Agreeableness, and low Neuroticism. So as I said it works if you believe in tricks .