Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Same-sex couples and adopted children

The largest-ever study of same-sex parents found their children turn out healthier and happier than the general population.

A new study of 315 same-sex parents and 500 children in Australia found that, after correcting for socioeconomic factors, the children fared well on several measures, including asthma, dental care, behavioral issues, learning, sleep, and speech.

At the same time, two-thirds of the parents reported a perceived stigma on at least one issue tracked by the survey. These stigmas ranged from other people gossiping about an LGBT family to same-sex parents feeling excluded at social gatherings due to their sexual orientation.

Perceived stigmas were associated with worse scores for physical activity, mental health, family cohesion, and emotional outcomes. The stigmas, however, were not prevalent enough to negatively tilt the children's outcomes in a comparison to outcomes across the general population.
    http://www.vox.com/2014/7/7/5873781/...yre-better-off

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess something to do with the exclusivity of the adoption process... as well as lack of accidental pregnancies and so forth. there's a lot more planning, scrutiny and inspection involved.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i guess something to do with the exclusivity of the adoption process... as well as lack of accidental pregnancies and so forth. there's a lot more planning, scrutiny and inspection involved.
    Yeah. It´s statistically wrong to compare the outcomes of adopted children of a same-sex couples with the outcomes of your average kid, since the two groups (as you very well explain) don´t pertain to the same sample. They should be compared with the outcomes of other adopted children.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think it's quite damning towards those who think a gay couple raising a child is fundamentally a bad thing...also consider that adopted children on average generally do worse than non-adopted children - I find one figure for example that shows that adopted children are about three to four times more likely to commit suicide.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And still, any tornadobait crackhead airwaster parasite can vaginally spit out as many children as she pleases.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even care whether same-sex couples raise better children or whether they are 15% less great or whatever. Anyone sane who wants to bring up a child lovingly is probably a better option than no loving parents at all.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I think this forum and most young people nowadays are pro gay marriage. You probably won't find much debate or counterarguments in this thread. Fortunately most of the bigoted, older, ignorant people are steadily dying off. Prejudices are washed clean with each new generation.
    Yeah, great new things always replace the rusty old ones. Why do we need Mozart if we've got Justin Bieber?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Yeah, great new things always replace the rusty old ones. Why do we need Mozart if we've got Justin Bieber?
    If Mozart was alive today, he would have been even more awesome, so I don't think your example holds any weight.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to be against two men raising a kid. I always thought, despite being gay, if God/nature intended two men to have kids I would have the potentiality to get pregnant after being fucked in the ass.

But after exposing myself to life more, I've realized how so many straight people have kids in a completely narcissistic way. The dad isn't there (ie distant daddy archetype) and just wants to have fun w/o work, the mother is just flat out lazy/snobby/narcissistic/blame-y and victim playing. I almost feel now like gay people were created to fix the mistakes of heterosexuals lol. If I ever get the right boyfriend, I want to adopt a kid that wasn't wanted or is abused in his past life as I feel gay guys have extra empathy with this because of how many of us felt like outcasts growing up.

((I like to think of gay and straight people being truly equal though, there's still lots of gay men I know that I would NOT want to be around children. They are too sadistic, cruel, and selfish etc. Of course the same goes to straight men.)) One of these days, we will realize that orientation and skin color/mental disability etc. isn't linked to decency. I mean I see this as having the bad consequences of a straight girl accepting an abusive relationship with a straight man because she'll go "Oh he can't help it. Straight men are innately sadistic, that's just who they are."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jesse Dirkishing = killed by two sadistic perverted gay men. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jesse_Dirkhising

Jeffrey Dahmer = homosexual serial killer who ate/killed teenage boys, tried to turn them into zombies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_dahmer

John Wayne Gacy = homosexual perverted clown serial killer who terrorized little boys before killing/raping them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

absurd, Possibly 'ashton' = homosexuals who get off on emotional abuse, gaslighting & torturing others. perhaps not killers but definitely bad boys.

This whole 'aw look at the cute helpless homosexual that just wants to do good' is such bullshit. HOMOSEXUALS ARE DEMONS.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, these social 'scientists' who never once refer to high rating as the cause of the statistics are in a class of their own.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Wow, these social 'scientists' who never once refer to high rating as the cause of the statistics are in a class of their own.
    You are intuitive and intelligent in general. There's no getting anything past you. Out of all the forums I've ever visited you are one of the most intelligent I've ever spoken to. There's educated and there's smart. You're smart... I've always liked you.

A lot of people don't understand that there's a difference. My friends with PhDs and MDs respect me and feel intimidated in my presence. Is it wisdom? I don't know. Whatever it is, you have it.

Sorry I've been so reclusive. We spoke a lot at one point.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    You are intuitive and intelligent in general. There's no getting anything past you. Out of all the forums I've ever visited you are one of the most intelligent I've ever spoken to. There's educated and there's smart. You're smart... I've always liked you.

A lot of people don't understand that there's a difference. My friends with PhDs and MDs respect me and feel intimidated in my presence. Is it wisdom? I don't know. Whatever it is, you have it.

Sorry I've been so reclusive. We spoke a lot at one point.
    you sound like you're just complimenting his intelligence to massage your own ego indirectly.
    jim is quite smart, I agree.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I do is point at what's missing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> The largest-ever study of same-sex parents found their children turn out healthier and happier than the general population.

There are also studies with opposite result.
    As homosexualism is the evident perversion, so children risen in abnormal families should at least have more problems with creating own families. It's important to get model on normal family for normal people in their childhood.
    So I have more trust to researches whith negative results about homosexual pseudofamilies.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well Sol, that just means you have been raised by the fags