Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire

Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 09-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII, IEI, ILI, ..... in descending order.

Your interests on the forum are more "creative" and multidirectional than those of many Ni users (you don't seem to have a Ni sharp and rather "limiting" focus or agenda) which would lead to Ne>Ni. I'm not discarding IEI from some behavioral patterns I've seen, but this is Fi>Fe:

"With love...that is simply an affinity for someone or something that feels me with elation and\or long-term optimism. It is something that absolutely must not be played with and must be carried out with absolute seriousness of intentions (the extent to which I'm serious or joke around with a person or issue is completely a different matter altogether). When involving another individual, love should a strong mutual understanding of each other's positions...it need not necessarily mean that the pair know each other in terms of proper facts but they should be true to each in spirit."

"I am constantly a companion, day after day, with very few or no other preoccupations\attachments (I'm very stable in that regard)...reserved and scholarly almost like an omniscient narrator at times, and very much like a teacher when the situation demands it."

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you're EII.

Your SEE typing is beyond my comprehension

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE confirm.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    As for @heavynurse’s suggestion of ILI, this I am inclined to discuss…as a point of talking.
    Hooray! Let us begin...

I'm not really that interested in this as a conversation topic. I am fairly interested in my own health and take measures of self-preservation, but the parts of my body often feel like distant, foreign entities.
    This doesn't sound like Si-valuing to me, especially not Si-HA. My LIE friend once told me that he doesn't know what to do with his own body, and he often talks about it like it's separate from the rest of his being, almost as if it is a "distant, foreign entity". At some point I want to post a video of me interviewing him because I think he is _the_ LIE; the word "dynamic" pretty much sums him up.

It has been said in the past that I am too quiet and that I do not make myself known. Also that I am scared of my own voice and incapable of speaking aloud to a group of people, even when I know them all!
    Fe-PoLR?

Certain others may say I am too exacting and unrelenting.
    Obstinate? Also:
    A meticulous and scrupulous pedant, knows how to separate information within a system.

I would like each day to be guided by great drive and overarching purpose.
    Se-valuing? "Great drive" makes me think "volitional sensing".

If they are intent on holding views I find utterly unacceptable, I will no longer associate with them
    Obstinate?

although in practice, it may be not to be possible to always keep my distance.
    This sounds like logic to me. Overall you very much seem like a logical type.

In long periods of my life where I've had no incentive or reason for prolonged discourse, I’ve had many a week go by where I've spoken barely a word even from members of my own family.
    Sounds like you struggle with inertia:
    The volitional qualities of people of this type manifest a bi-polar nature: some individuals display an enviable sense of purpose, stubbornness and perseverance, while others, to the contrary, demonstrate complete inertia and paralysis of their will. This can also be seen in actions of a specific person: in some cases he manifests excessive drive, in others compete passivity. In conclusion, it must be said that for ILI finding a proper occupation and self-realization are especially important, otherwise his innate talents will remain undeveloped and be utterly wasted.

because the way I have a certain attachment for a sense of familiarity with ‘factual’ information and the way I process (i.e. I order) that information
    Could you please elaborate?

(i.e. they would know I am fundamentally an introverted person)
    Indeed.

Unrelated question: who is your favorite poet and/or what is your favorite poem?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post
    Hooray! Let us begin...

This doesn't sound like Si-valuing to me, especially not Si-HA. My LIE friend once told me that he doesn't know what to do with his own body, and he often talks about it like it's separate from the rest of his being, almost as if it is a "distant, foreign entity". At some point I want to post a video of me interviewing him because I think he is _the_ LIE; the word "dynamic" pretty much sums him up.
    I just think my body is not my primary focus...

Fe-PoLR?
    weak if anything, surely

Obstinate? Also:
    [/COLOR]

Se-valuing? "Great drive" makes me think "volitional sensing".
    in terms of the Reinin dichotomies, I think I'm Yielding, not Obstinate...I'm clearly very attached to my "resources", seeing them as somewhat limited, and very keen to move on from something when I can't do anymore on it.

I don't think "great drive" would be alien to any ESxx type, or depending on interpretation, any extrovert. I'm quite aware of what kind of "great drive" I need and like, and it is not of the chaotic kind.

Obstinate?
    I'm not sure how that is applicable to either dichotomy really.

This sounds like logic to me. Overall you very much seem like a logical type.
    eh? for the full context: I am not always able to distance myself from such people because they've continued to force their presence on me and/or are attached to a mutual friend

Sounds like you struggle with inertia:
    I don't see how that related to inertia whatsoever from what I said there. I think even during those periods I was extremely mentally active anyway. During years of being depressed (which is also relevant), even when I was listless I was still generally preoccupied with something - depends on what you mean by inertia.
    Could you please elaborate?
    I don't place great importance on the usefulness of 'factual information' - although I might historically have thought I did, especially considering I was knowledgeable about a lot of things. If a 'fact' harmonises well with my interests, it is something I take on board, and is something I may later synthesise in some pleasing context. I feel that despite this, I have a systematic, methodical manner in the way I read things and then reassemble them in mind to make something that is ordered and pleasing to me.

Unrelated question: who is your favorite poet and/or what is your favorite poem?
    not sure that is really unrelated.

I don't think I can answer who my favourite poet is clearly, although I have posted some of my favourite poems in some Poetry thread here.

I've said that Wordsworth was the first poet I was fascinated by as a child, although this was partly due to a very strong attachment with the Lake District and to a lesser extent, knowing someone who was a relation.

I consider John Keats an archetypal poet both in terms of his writings and his life, so that may be my best answer...and yet my favourite 'poem' - which qualified in terms of intent - is The Waves by Virginia Woolf. I get something approaching synaesthesia (I don't actually have this!) when reading it and the words keep disappearing...

My fave 'proper' poem for sometime has been this one by Keats:

This living hand, now warm and capable
    Of earnest grasping, would, if it were cold
    And in the icy silence of the tomb,
    So haunt thy days and chill thy dreaming nights
    That thou would wish thine own heart dry of blood
    So in my veins red life might stream again,
    And thou be conscience-calm’d–see here it is–
    I hold it towards you.

...it feels completely perfect in form.

But there are also other poets who I don't necessarily rate so highly e.g. Simon Armitage but are pushed upwards when they read their own poems (or even those of others!)...there is more to it than just the written form.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in terms of the Reinin dichotomies, I think I'm Yielding, not Obstinate...I'm clearly very attached to my "resources", seeing them as somewhat limited, and very keen to move on from something when I can't do anymore on it.
    I used to think I was a yielding type (it was more like I thought I could be a yielding type, but w/e), but then I realized that it's always "been all about me". This dichotomy can be confusing I think, because it seems like most people are protective of their resources to an extent. For example, I'm extremely reluctant to lend out money or to spend money on other people. However, when I'm not interested in doing something, I rarely yield to others' pressure to get me to do it.

I'm quite aware of what kind of "great drive" I need and like, and it is not of the chaotic kind.
    Are you saying Se has a "chaotic" quality to it? If so, I disagree.

I'm not sure how that is applicable to either dichotomy really.
    Yeah, you're right.

I don't see how that related to inertia whatsoever from what I said there. I think even during those periods I was extremely mentally active anyway. During years of being depressed (which is also relevant), even when I was listless I was still generally preoccupied with something - depends on what you mean by inertia.
    Yeah, it was a bit of a stretch.

I don't place great importance on the usefulness of 'factual information' - although I might historically have thought I did, especially considering I was knowledgeable about a lot of things. If a 'fact' harmonises well with my interests, it is something I take on board, and is something I may later synthesise in some pleasing context. I feel that despite this, I have a systematic, methodical manner in the way I read things and then reassemble them in mind to make something that is ordered and pleasing to me.
    You're still seeming like a logical type.

This living hand, now warm and capable
    Of earnest grasping, would, if it were cold
    And in the icy silence of the tomb,
    So haunt thy days and chill thy dreaming nights
    That thou would wish thine own heart dry of blood
    So in my veins red life might stream again,
    And thou be conscience-calm’d–see here it is–
    I hold it towards you.
    I've never understood what makes this piece so great; I much prefer his odes, especially "Ode on a Grecian Urn":

O Attic shape! Fair attitude! with brede
    Of marble men and maidens overwrought,
    With forest branches and the trodden weed;
    Thou, silent form, dost tease us out of thought
    As doth eternity: Cold Pastoral!
    When old age shall this generation waste,
    Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
    Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

I consider John Keats and Wallace Stevens to be the two greatest poets of all time.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I used to think I was a yielding type (it was more like I thought I could be a yielding type, but w/e), but then I realized that it's always "been all about me". This dichotomy can be confusing I think, because it seems like most people are protective of their resources to an extent. For example, I'm extremely reluctant to lend out money or to spend money on other people. However, when I'm not interested in doing something, I rarely yield to others' pressure to get me to do it.
    I don't think one dichotomy is more "me"-focused than another...they are both protective of two different things, that is all

Are you saying Se has a "chaotic" quality to it? If so, I disagree.
    In its extreme form, this is certainly the case for me. I find it very here-and-now and unsettling...or at least, it is preoccupied with the wrong sort of things in the here-and-now. They work and rest in the wrong ways essentially

I've never understood what makes this piece so great; I much prefer his odes, especially "Ode on a Grecian Urn":

O Attic shape! Fair attitude! with brede
    Of marble men and maidens overwrought,
    With forest branches and the trodden weed;
    Thou, silent form, dost tease us out of thought
    As doth eternity: Cold Pastoral!
    When old age shall this generation waste,
    Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
    Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

I consider John Keats and Wallace Stevens to be the two greatest poets of all time.
    too impersonal for liking and the punctuation seems wrong.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Subteigh did you really manage to score 6% on the psychopath spectrum test ?

Only EII can score that

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes...

I don't see that as especially astonishing, it was a very easy test to answer with clear statements to grade. I just don't identify with such traits!

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @Subteigh did you really manage to score 6% on the psychopath spectrum test ?

Only EII can score that
    i'm sure psycopaths can score low too.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think one dichotomy is more "me"-focused than another...they are both protective of two different things, that is all
    Right, but I think "protection of one's own interests" can seem "me"-focused.