4 Thread(s)

Default How to recognize the artists of paintings

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The picture you linked to me was Bosch-like but doesn't fit too well to the description of Bosch here (it isn't that crazy/surreal) so this is fairly accurate in that sense.

Gotta love those Putins.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really amusing. Especially for me, cause I study Art History.
    The real thing works actually like this: You look at as many pictures as possible and with the time you learn to recognize the artists. To distinguish a real painting from a forged is a little bit more complicated. You can use the Morellian method for that. But forgers use it, too, that's the problem. :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ha, I was wondering who this was (Pieter Bruegel).

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    This is really amusing. Especially for me, cause I study Art History.
    The real thing works actually like this: You look at as many pictures as possible and with the time you learn to recognize the artists. To distinguish a real painting from a forged is a little bit more complicated. You can use the Morellian method for that. But forgers use it, too, that's the problem. :/
    If we ever reach nanotechnology, is the originality even meaningful?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    If we ever reach nanotechnology, is the originality even meaningful?
    Yes. If the painting is just a copy it's not worth as much as the original.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. If the painting is just a copy it's not worth as much as the original.
    If they are identical, you will just keep in mind which is which and claim it has a higher value?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are identical, you will just keep in mind which is which and claim it has a higher value?
    Yes, because they are not identical. One has a history and that history defines its value. Not the material or the beauty of it.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very humorous. I'm partial to art from the Renaissance and even took an "Art of Italy" course back in college, when I was a studio art major for a year. Much of my own artwork, and love for art in general , was inspired by the Renaissance Masters.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, because they are not identical. One has a history and that history defines its value. Not the material or the beauty of it.
    One last question, would you go to a Star Trek transporter assuming you will rematerialize from different particles?

Here's a related SMBC comic.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One last question, would you go to a Star Trek transporter assuming you will rematerialize from different particles?

Here's a related SMBC comic.
    Ha?... I doubt something like that will ever work. Maybe you can rematerialize something, but why should it still be alive? I think what will be rematerialized is a dead body.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha?... I doubt something like that will ever work. Maybe you can rematerialize something, but why should it still be alive? I think what will be rematerialized is a dead body.
    So you believe that life is something outside the material world and that we are more that biological machines. But we are already able create synthetic yeast so I guess this applies to something which has a "soul" or something.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe that life is something outside the material world and that we are more that biological machines. But we are already able create synthetic yeast so I guess this applies to something which has a "soul" or something.
    I'm sorry, to be honest, I don't really understand it. I don't much about biology and it's not written in my native language. Makes it difficult. I still think the bodies would be dead, but maybe they could be reanimated. I think, it would be a very complicated and expensive method...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see you're having a chat with talking "semidual" wristwatch, kadda.

Anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...d/surveys/art/

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, great thread Lungs.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, to be honest, I don't really understand it. I don't much about biology and it's not written in my native language. Makes it difficult. I still think the bodies would be dead, but maybe they could be reanimated. I think, it would be a very complicated and expensive method...
    I majored in Biology(before and after majoring in art) at my university, and even after studying chemistry and physics during that time I do not think that life can be explained by physical laws alone. I mean, obviously physical laws are a significant and extremely important component, but I do believe there are forces that animate or direct life. In other words, life is created by both physical laws and unobservable phenomenon and energy. Humans cannot create life from scratch, but from DNA and other molecules that have already come into existence through ways that are not understood. Personally, I think organic molecules are manifestations of energy that become matter in order to create life. Life cannot "become" without a vessel for existence. Making a vessel, whether it is a yeast cell or some other cell, only creates something than can either mimic life, such as A.I. or captures and harnesses the forces that make life possible, the forces that animate us all. In the latter, the cell really would be alive and posses life energy that could develop further. I don't know, that is how I see life. It is something greater than the sum of its parts. It is how I see the world through the lens of an artist. I have no proof, only intuition.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I majored in Biology(before and after majoring in art) at my university, and even after studying chemistry and physics during that time I do not think that life can be explained by physical laws alone. I mean, obviously physical laws are a significant and extremely important component, but I do believe there are forces that animate or direct life. In other words, life is created by both physical laws and unobservable phenomenon and energy. Humans cannot create life from scratch, but from DNA and other molecules that have already come into existence through ways that are not understood. Personally, I think organic molecules are manifestations of energy that become matter in order to create life. Life cannot "become" without a vessel for existence. Making a vessel, whether it is a yeast cell or some other cell, only creates something than can either mimic life, such as A.I. or captures and harnesses the forces that make life possible, the forces that animate us all. In the latter, the cell really would be alive and posses life energy that could develop further. I don't know, that is how I see life. It is something greater than the sum of its parts. It is how I see the world through the lens of an artist. I have no proof, only intuition.
    Interesting. I just don't really understand for what reason scientists want to create artificial life? For organ transplantation like in that movie "The Island"? Do you know what's the reason behind it?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. I just don't really understand for what reason scientists want to create artificial life? For organ transplantation like in that movie "The Island"? Do you know what's the reason behind it?
    I do not know, but I suppose much of it is a quest to discover the true nature of the observable universe. Maybe it is to overturn the worldviews found in religion and strengthen more modern ones? Maybe it is just some people suffer from a mixture of insatiable curiosity and a dose of God complex.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I do not know, but I suppose much of it is a quest to discover the true nature of the observable universe. Maybe it is to overturn the worldviews found in religion and strengthen more modern ones? Maybe it is just some people suffer from a mixture of insatiable curiosity and a dose of God complex.
    Weird. :/

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg