Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Reinin dichotomies test

This is something I have little interest in, but I've created this thread as such a test has been mooted and been bought up a few times :vomit:

I would certainly use it if it was created though...

pick one of the 11 Reinin dichotomies and try to come up with a question or representation of it (which may include an example of dialogue\thinking)...probably best not to focus on the four Jungian dichotomies...

this questions may well need to be somewhat extensive in order that they are properly understood

hopefully someone who is not me will actually put everything together...cuz else it not get done

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I will keep this Reinin dichotomy test in the back of mind and make it eventually.

Keep in mind the first tier Reinin dichotomies are the Jungian dichotomies. Most MBTI tests are 50+ questions and focus only on those four. It might be worthwhile to look at concurrency among different MBTI tests and use those ideas as methods of developing questions for the other Reinin dichotomies.

A simple way for determining the mechanics of the test would be to say that a result matching to one side of a dichotomy increases the percentages for every type with that side of the dichotomy by a constant amount. There could also be weights associated with dichotomies based on relative usefulness or likelihood of proper interpretation. On the other hand, perhaps there is a more elegant and accurate way of judging results in the first place. There is much work to be done for this.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you had those Jungian dichotomies involved, it would mean you wouldn't be able to assess the usefulness of the Reinin dichotomies proper so well... this is hardly a pressing concern anyway

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    If you had those Jungian dichotomies involved, it would mean you wouldn't be able to assess the usefulness of the Reinin dichotomies proper so well... this is hardly a pressing concern anyway
    How so? The Jungian dichotomies are both part of the Reinin dichotomies and the basis of higher-order Reinin dichotomies. They have to be there to assess the usefulness of the Reinin dichotomies because they are part of it. You can't just leave out part of the system.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

simply because they are not Reinin dichotomies - they were appropriated after the fact. They're not really open to dispute so much compared to the other 11, which are Reinin's own invention. If the validity is to be tested, it doesn't make sense to inflate or deflate the figures. the extroversion/introversion dichotomy for example not only exists in terms of Jung's own work, but is directly related to the 16 Socionics types.

...I don't consider this a huge issue though - it would be a fine thing if at the very least there was a test to help people determine their Reinin dichotomies

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    simply because they are not Reinin dichotomies - they were appropriated after the fact. They're not really open to dispute so much compared to the other 11, which are Reinin's own invention. If the validity is to be tested, it doesn't make sense to inflate or deflate the figures. the extroversion/introversion dichotomy for example not only exists in terms of Jung's own work, but is directly related to the 16 Socionics types.

...I don't consider this a huge issue though - it would be a fine thing if at the very least there was a test to help people determine their Reinin dichotomies
    As opposed to Jung's own invention?

A test to help people determine their Reinin dichotomies is more along the lines of what I was going for anyway. I don't really care to test their validity within the context of the system - that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the system in the first place.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I'd like a test where people wouldn't be able to under guess the dichotomies

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reinin traits should not be used. It will not work. They are too vague. Attempting to tighten the definitions only creates more doubt, because to tighten the definition is to introduce yourself as an interpreter. Your interpretation could be seriously mistaken.

Reinin traits --> It is an abortion. There is no incubator for it. It will be buried in a flower vase. (I am not kidding.)

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILI-Ni 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    The reinin traits should not be used. It will not work. They are too vague. Attempting to tighten the definitions only creates more doubt, because to tighten the definition is to introduce yourself as an interpreter. Your interpretation could be seriously mistaken.

Reinin traits --> It is an abortion. There is no incubator for it. It will be buried in a flower vase. (I am not kidding.)
    This post is completely inane.

-----

There are two ways to go about (primitively, a better way may reveal itself later) scoring questions related to Reinin dichotomies, one being to add a point to the Jungian dichotomies that correspond to a trait (this will be somewhat difficult for three and four tier dichotomies), and one being to add a point to the types that correspond to traits, the difference being the focus on the first-tier Jungian dichotomies vs. focus on the type gestalts. Does anyone have any clue which is more likely to work better, if either?

The prospect of writing questions is a bit daunting, but I think it can be done really. I'm going through several sources on the dichotomies and will begin formulating questions within a few days.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It would be good if any resources could be posted here!

I may have a go if I have some spare moments

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm sort of working on one. I say sort of because I started working on one in HelloQuizzy but who knows when or if I finish it. I also have an incomplete instinctual variant test from months ago on that site.

I'm looking at the Reinin dichotomies and trying to see if I can come up with questions. Also looking at other Reinin tests. Have you tried this one? What do you think?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought that test could have been written better and that the options were confusing with no very little context. I only answered about half the questions. I did get EII but I think mostly due to answering decisively on questions relating to the Jungian dichotomies and to quadra/functional values (which shouldn't really need to spelt out in terms of new dichotomies)