TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Can you VI this guy

What type could he be?

He's a writer&a musician, I can find quotes if necessary, but I'm VI-curios.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol now I'm not posting only LSIs.
    I would have thought some ESI or SEE species, but dunno.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some IJ. I'm not of much help

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah LII / EII was also on the list ... obviously not EJ and probably not IP.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The guy proved to be EII, why can't I rely on anyone here? :-((

This is his latest fb update: "Antipathies come from the collision of characters not from the contest of thoughts." (Balzac: Ursule Mirouet)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    The guy proved to be EII, why can't I rely on anyone here? :-((
    It probably has something to do with the fact that you only posted 2 pictures and VI is a completely unreliable methodology to begin with. Things like videos are more helpful if you're trying to use VI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    It probably has something to do with the fact that you only posted 2 pictures and VI is a completely unreliable methodology to begin with. Things like videos are more helpful if you're trying to use VI.
    i was jk, ofc. I donīt expect more than opinions when I ask for VI of strangers. And itīs mostly to see how they fit my impressions. Iīd be curious to hear what methods you consider most reliable when typing ppl you know/celebrities, if you even consider stuff like posture, body type, movements or you only try to spot functions in what they say.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More pics + name maybe?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And itīs mostly to see how they fit my impressions.
    This is actually the same reason I ask for VI of people.

Iīd be curious to hear what methods you consider most reliable when typing ppl you know/celebrities, if you even consider stuff like posture, body type, movements or you only try to spot functions in what they say.
    I don't tend to look at body movements. Posture and resting facial expression are fine but they can be misleading and only convey a small amount of information if it's in a picture. Like in that picture you posted, you can pretty much guarantee that guy was told to pose that way. To me he actually looks like both an LSE and IEE I know, but that doesn't mean he is either of those types. I generally don't look at anything on their face structurally because its hard to say whats determined by genetics vs. what's determined by long term cognition. Really we know very little about the biological tie Socionics has to the person, or even if it does at all (I suspect there is one). So in that case, if you are using pictures to type someone, it will take a lot of pictures to be able to really uncover someones actual character because you will be forced to rely on facial expressions and other behavioral aspects, which is why I prefer video. In videos, I pay attention to the way they hold themselves, their reactions, their voice tone, what subjects they are drawn to, and how they think about things. I also try to find quadra values in how they act, how they dress, what they say, and how they mean what they say.

It's really just a gestalt image for me and if they match with someone I've met before then that adds some weight, but I try to not let that be the deciding factor.

If it's someone I know and who I interact with then, in addition to what I said above, I will pay attention to how we get along. Does he/she stay closed off to me in the long term (devalued Fi). Does he/she take offense to my candor or choose not to participate (valued Fe). Is he constantly wanting to do something quirky and "fun" (valued Ne). I think intertype relations are the best way to type someone you know because there is no guarantee that they will match with someone you've met before and if they do you don't know why they match really. Intertype relations for me have been the best way to type someone because people can be so deceiving. I know a lot of gammas that look like alphas and vice versa.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will you get upset if i ask if this is you?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    will you get upset if i ask if this is you?
    we ainīt even flirting, you can have him. But heīs cca 10 years older than me and an opera singer or smth, I donīt see you meshing well.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like an LII I know tbh. And both are super short. this guy looks 5'4ish. irl person is like... 5'2.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we ainīt even flirting, you can have him. But heīs cca 10 years older than me and an opera singer or smth, I donīt see you meshing well.
    hmhm fair enough

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He has a simulacrum of a video made public around the web, but itīs less than one min. and not meant to be serious, it would be useless. I just found some more pics:

http://punpunpun.blogger.de/static/a...s/_mg_3539.jpg
    http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Public...480x480-75.jpg

I still think EII, although heīs probably Ne subt. and can seem LII as well.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he could be an LSI defo - he's got that inspecting/sceptical look to himself or even SLE-Ti. on the other hand something tells me he could be a badass IEI-Ni- his interrogative look is perfectly practiced