1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Just a vi guess- ili.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about Enneagram, 4w5?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEI

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is sooo downbeat. I don't know if that makes him ILI,

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    This guy is sooo downbeat. I don't know if that makes him ILI,
    Ni-IEI's are some of the most downbeat folks.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Ni-IEI's are some of the most downbeat folks.
    I will pray for them.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define downbeat?

Definitely Fe > Te. He's the Revolutionary Mystic Shaman of the Rap-game.

I have Jay-Z as his Supervisor, which is ironic, when all things considered Nas destroyed Jay-Z in their Rapoff and Jay couldnt figure out why he was losing.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

he's definitely got an NY state of mind

LOLOLOLOL GET IT

naw but forreal tho, Nas is cool

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Define downbeat?
    Downbeat: relaxed;unemphatic;slightly gloomy

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni, it certainly feels like he's got a lot of Ni going

edit: in the first video the woman interviewing him is most likely ESE - it's funny how she tells him to smile and he's like, "my deadpan face is my smiling face", to which she responds "oh, you must be a difficult person to date" - an example of merry vs. serious misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    What about Enneagram, 4w5?
    6w5

compare Nas with Aubrey Plaza, Te ego 6w5

Last edited by silke; 06-19-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LIE-Ni, it certainly feels like he's got a lot of Ni going

6w5

compare Nas with Aubrey Plaza, Te ego 6w5

Why not ILI for him? That would make him and Aubrey the same type. Are you sure he's extroverted?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why not ILI for him? That would make him and Aubrey the same type. Are you sure he's extroverted?
    simply because he reminded me of this LIE i used to know, same kind of softness and deadpan expression alternating with out-of-tune smiles and smirking, mannerisms typical of LIEs but not ILIs that i know

from the second interview where he talks of his divorce it sounded like emotivist > constructivist for him, he talked rather confidently about how his marriage went downhill and how he has learned from it etc. than ILIs usually speak of such topics with their Fi/Fe 'zone of vulnerability'

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simply because he reminded me of this LIE i used to know, same kind of softness and deadpan expression alternating with out-of-tune smiles and smirking, mannerisms typical of LIEs but not ILIs that i know

from the second interview where he talks of his divorce it sounded like emotivist > constructivist for him, he talked rather confidently about how his marriage went downhill and how he has learned from it etc. than ILIs usually speak of such topics with their Fi/Fe 'zone of vulnerability'
    Yeah LIEs are "softer" than ILIs.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Awww he's so cool and seems a sweetheart He uses a lot of Fe in that first interview. I still think he's IEI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downbeat: relaxed;unemphatic;slightly gloomy
    Yeah that just sounds like IP in general(Melancholy). ILI, IEI, SLI, SEI, from left to right i think would exhibit that the most.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see IEI from the interview. The woman interviewing him really scares me for some reason.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

As of Enneagram, I would also say 6w5, but not very sure.

And I agree, he really doesn't look like an IEI by pictures alone (quite tough looking), but I think it's more of a tough rapper poise than anything else.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of Enneagram, I would also say 6w5, but not very sure.

And I agree, he really doesn't look like an IEI by pictures alone (quite tough looking), but I think it's more of a tough rapper poise than anything else.
    And what would his tough rapper friends say if they knew he's really a softie?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And what would his tough rapper friends say if they knew he's really a softie?
    He's Nas, he can do whatever the fuck he wants

He even talks about how he had to learn to be tough and described himself as charismatic, poised, calm, insightful. Talk about the loss of integrity, love.."Some great works comes from pain,some great work comes from love, from loss".I think he's definitely an NF and not an NT.
    He just seems such an obvious softie to me Why are IEI guys always so hot???

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's Nas, he can do whatever the fuck he wants

He even talks about how he had to learn to be tough and described himself as charismatic, poised, calm, insightful. Talk about the loss of integrity, love.."Some great works comes from pain,some great work comes from love, from loss".I think he's definitely an NF and not an NT.
    He just seems such an obvious softie to me Why are IEI guys always so hot???
    Actually, I see it now. As I look at him, he seems to be about to smile at every moment.
    Why? You tell me!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nas is the only other IEI-Ni 6w5 i've heard suggested other than me.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni 4w5, probably so/sx.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nas is the only other IEI-Ni 6w5 i've heard suggested other than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    IEI-Ni 4w5, probably so/sx.
    6w5 is quite unusual for an IEI. I was also thinking he is either 6w5 or 4w5 (5 wing but definitely not 5). His pictures are very 6w5 though

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Nas. Ni-IP all the way.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 is quite unusual for an IEI. I was also thinking he is either 6w5 or 4w5 (5 wing but definitely not 5). His pictures are very 6w5 though
    Childhood trauma for the win!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 6w5 unusual because IEIs just ignore danger anyway?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is 6w5 unusual because IEIs just ignore danger anyway?
    most of the russian IEI type descriptions talk of IEIs being able to foresee dangers (-Ni of beta quadra) and inform the SLE about them such that both of them don't perish. in this sense e6 is even more congruent with being iei than e4.

The IEI is able to foresee impending dangers of ethical-intuitive kind - a quality that is valued within second quadra. This allows him to anticipate somebody's insidious plan, a possible betrayal, treachery, hostility, detect lack of sincerity. With such information and "forecasts" the IEI provides an invaluable service to his dual. By this he wins over his dual's consideration and trust in shortest time possible, becomes his "right-hand man/woman", freely and confidentially communicates with him on any topic. In intuitive-ethical sense the IEI has the same effect on the SLE as does the EIE on the LSI. (link)

The IEI has an inclination to imperceptible forms of control. This is due to the fact that his psyche is filled with forebodings. He remembers experiences and lessons of the past well and tends not to repeat mistakes. This keeps him under constant pressure, makes him search for sources of danger. Accordingly, his form of business activity is oriented not at overcoming obstacles, but rather at exercising prudence. ... In his behavior IEI is guided by his intuitive presentiments. Due to this quality he is capable of surviving in the most difficult situations. He quickly distinguishes falsehood, hypocrisy, artifice, degradation. (link)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@silke, hm interesting, whatever material I read about IEI's it was always implied 4w3 = IEI-Fe, 4w5 = IEI-Ni and in my opinion it definitely fits the descriptions the most. But I can imagine e6 IEI.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Who?
    Get with the program InvisibleJim

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not so up to date on Enneagram, but e4 has that urge/need/inclination/behavior to express themselves in a unique way correct? To show themselves as the beautiful butterfly/unique snowflake they feel they are inside?

Even though i'm IEI, and most IEI do sort of have that, i don't care about that type of thing at all. I've heard i'm different/unique my entire life, and im happy just taking someone's word for it. I do not care either way. Other peoples opinions matter less and less the less i know you, "Unique" is of so little consequence, why put any weight in anyones opinion of that at all? I would think with IEI being both conceptual and aristocratic, more of us would think the value of that concept is (Hierachily) worthless. Is that reasoning not sound?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silke, hm interesting, whatever material I read about IEI's it was always implied 4w3 = IEI-Fe, 4w5 = IEI-Ni and in my opinion it definitely fits the descriptions the most. But I can imagine e6 IEI.
    That's how I saw it.
    Actually, I'm thinking I might be IEI-Ni. Even though the Meged description for the Fe subtype matches my outward behaviours/characteristics better.

He must have just woken up.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not so up to date on Enneagram, but e4 has that urge/need/inclination/behavior to express themselves in a unique way correct? To show themselves as the beautiful butterfly/unique snowflake they feel they are inside?

Even though i'm IEI, and most IEI do sort of have that, i don't care about that type of thing at all. I've heard i'm different/unique my entire life, and im happy just taking someone's word for it. I do not care either way. Other peoples opinions matter less and less the less i know you, "Unique" is of so little consequence, why put any weight in anyones opinion of that at all? I would think with IEI being both conceptual and aristocratic, more of us would think the value of that concept is (Hierachily) worthless. Is that reasoning not sound?
    It's sound. But we don't reason our enneagram type. It's just there in the background driving us.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Ni being about the fluidity of abstract notions, Ni- about avoiding danger, Fe about identifying motivation(amongst others) and F being that value judgements>empirical data; That all converges into a self-awareness of concepts, and how that reflects(IP) in our behavior. How can an Ni Base not have reasoned their own motivations? Of all the type combinations, how can IEI not be the one that thinks about the exact type of thing Enneagram is supposed to encapsulate?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What program?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

most of the russian IEI type descriptions talk of IEIs being able to foresee dangers (-Ni of beta quadra) and inform the SLE about them such that both of them don't perish. in this sense e6 is even more congruent with being iei than e4.
    The IEI is able to foresee impending dangers of ethical-intuitive kind - a quality that is valued within second quadra. This allows him to anticipate somebody's insidious plan, a possible betrayal, treachery, hostility, detect lack of sincerity. With such information and "forecasts" the IEI provides an invaluable service to his dual. By this he wins over his dual's consideration and trust in shortest time possible, becomes his "right-hand man/woman", freely and confidentially communicates with him on any topic. In intuitive-ethical sense the IEI has the same effect on the SLE as does the EIE on the LSI. (link)

The IEI has an inclination to imperceptible forms of control. This is due to the fact that his psyche is filled with forebodings. He remembers experiences and lessons of the past well and tends not to repeat mistakes. This keeps him under constant pressure, makes him search for sources of danger. Accordingly, his form of business activity is oriented not at overcoming obstacles, but rather at exercising prudence. ... In his behavior IEI is guided by his intuitive presentiments. Due to this quality he is capable of surviving in the most difficult situations. He quickly distinguishes falsehood, hypocrisy, artifice, degradation. (link)
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-20-2019 at 06:18 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he certainly helped to make one of Nardwuar's worst interviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast