Thread: Member Questionnaire (Beatler)

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Beatler)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Beatler)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is superficially physical and truly psychological. Naive is a person who only sees physical beauty and wise is one who sees psychological beauty. Love is similarly divided - a connection between two either naive or wise peoples.
    What are your most important values?
    Being able to laugh and make fun of anything but still keeping acceptance of yourself and others as a key value. Living life to the fullest and not critiquing other's vision of life. Being able to compensate thinking and inquiring on more or less important existential questions with distractions and self-fulfilment (work, partying, travel etc...)
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I consider myself an Atheist. Mainly because I see no point in religion. Religion is the coward's way of comforting himself about fatalities in life (death, pain, tragedy, heartbreak etc...). Spirituality is more about understanding the consistence and necessity of such fatalities. I have not yet clearly experienced such spiritual adventures and am looking forward to it. I personally find most interest in philosophy and notably Buddhist philosophy (not to be confused with Buddhist belief which I am not familiar with and therefore I cannot judge.)
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I find that war and therefore lust for power is an absurd way for humans to prove their existence to other humans - by looking for a way to feel superior.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    As said previously, philosophy is my main subject of discussion. I enjoy hearing other's existential/metaphysical/sociological ideas about our world just as I enjoy sharing my opinion. However, I find that a great source of conversation for me is anything that can be turned into any type of humorous discussion (dark, soft, controversial, racist etc...)
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not really. I smoke, drink, eat a lot and am willing to try some hallucinogenic drugs someday.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    By simple respect to my siblings and friends, I am willing to do them.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I recently enjoyed various german indie films such as Goodbye Lenin and Christian F. However, psychological thrillers stay among my favourites (Inception, Silence of The Lambs etc..). I also enjoy watching indie series such as Utopia or Real Humans. One book that I found most interesting would be The Stranger by Albert Camus. Richard Powers, Pat Barker, Marguerite Duras would be my favourite writers.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    1)Heartbreaks and deaths. 2)Love and Family.
    Nuff said.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    One place. The Baikal lake in Russia. Magical place. I want to be buried there.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My biggest weakness must be my kindness (honestly). I have been too nice to some people and only now that they are not here do I realise how few things they did for me and how much they took from me. I dislike my laziness and lack of self confidence in some aspects of life such as studies and taking care of myself.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My sense of humour. Although some people might think I go too far, real friends always loved me for my jokes. I dont think I like myself for anything... Just for being alive until now.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Love-life and studies.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    No. I am pretty much extraverted. I always need people around me, even in the worst moments.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I hate hypocrites, braggers, too self-confident people and egoists. I get along with any kind of people that I can speak to, have a laugh and enjoy a cold beer with.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I don't feel like I have experienced enough romance so I cannot just yet set up a precise opinion or standard. Sex is enjoyable with simply a person you love or have a crush on, otherwise it always was very uncomfortable.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Ask me this question in 10 years or so.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Respect his opinion and politely try to defend my belief.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    People as a whole are stupid. Society attempts to make conclusions and choices out of majorities. A group of people is dangerous in today's society. Individuals, however, are interesting even in their flaws.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I never think I actually "chose" friends. It happened naturally.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I stay polite as long as they do too.

LSI 5w6 sx/so
    144 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)