Thread: SLE-LIE Benefit Relations (ESTp and ENTj)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default SLE-LIE Benefit Relations (ESTp and ENTj)

How does this pan out? I've been curious for a while, but I generally only have surface level dealings with SLEs and I can't really put my finger on one of the two having a clear advantage over the other, maybe just that SLEs can be crafty, but LIEs can be craftier with creative Ni.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don´t know much apart from how I´ve heard from a SLE girl that it can play out romantically. She said she admired him very much, he was not far from the kind of man she wanted to end up with (although it sometimes seemed he was too far from immediate reality in his conversations with his Ni, kind of speculating a lot in her view). He didn´t like her, which she tried to explain/rationalize via Benefit (she´s familiar with Socionics). She said it seemed to him "she doesn´t have her shit together" and he didn´t want to go on dating her ... I guess irrationality hand-in-hand with a Fi ´handicap´ could come across that way to the LIE. She used to think that he probably didn´t like it that she´s very spontaneous and lives only by the rule of her teeth.
    Otherwise I´ve sometimes seen LIE and SLE folks in groups communicating socially and casually. Nothing out of the ordinary ...neutrality, I would say. My father used to say about a SLE that he´s cool to have around, but it looked to him he´s often too much talk and tries to sell what he doesn´t have. He would even find his methods unconvincing -- kind of like "not the type of person who hits the target they want from the first aim.".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a couple of them. Those who don't have personal and psychological problems are fairly nice company. I sometimes feel like they're trying to impress me, but their bragging may come across as showing off. I often don't understand the reasoning behind their decisions (especially regarding potentially life-changing ones), but I'm sure there's people (INTps lol) who would think the same of me.
    I had one as boss for a while and I didn't exactly like the way he handled us employees, but that seems to be a standard complaint towards ESTx types as bosses.

Unfortunately I know 2 SLEs who have a nasty drinking habit and who can quickly become very aggressive when they drink. I don't know if it's type related.
    Last edited by FDG; 06-12-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Actually, something that I've noted is that I prefer female SLEs to male, and male SEEs to females. Something about the gender-specific upbringing seems to balance them out.

There are a lot of male SLEs here and a lot of them really are tools. Something about not stopping and thinking things through means they do a lot of really dumb things then bury their heads in the sand because they can't cope with the consequences of their actions, something that's far less pronounced in ISxjs, thankfully.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Actually, something that I've noted is that I prefer female SLEs to male, and male SEEs to females. Something about the gender-specific upbringing seems to balance them out.
    Same here.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post

There are a lot of male SLEs here and a lot of them really are tools. Something about not stopping and thinking things through means they do a lot of really dumb things then bury their heads in the sand because they can't cope with the consequences of their actions, something that's far less pronounced in ISxjs, thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Same here.
    Interesting. I prefer male SEE's and SLE's.

Male SEE's definitely seem more grounded then the female ones, who can sometimes be too attention-whorey for my taste, although I usually like them.

But it's the same for me with SLE's where often female SLE's are too masculine and agressive for me. While I get along with them fine and they usually like me much more than vice versa, I'm not a fan of overly-tough women in general - I refer to them as "scary lady"

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post

But it's the same for me with SLE's where often female SLE's are too masculine and agressive for me. While I get along with them fine and they usually like me much more than vice versa, I'm not a fan of overly-tough women in general - I refer to them as "scary lady"
    Female SLEs seem to come in at least 2 varieties - the cruder masculine ones (e.g. Rosie O'Donnell, Rachel Ray, Roseanne Barr), and the ultra-refined ultra-feminine (e.g Aishwarya Rai, Rachel Fox, Madonna)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Female SLEs seem to come in at least 2 varieties - the cruder masculine ones (e.g. Rosie O'Donnell, Rachel Ray, Roseanne Barr), and the ultra-refined ultra-feminine (e.g Aishwarya Rai, Rachel Fox, Madonna)
    I don't know about the first two examples .... but Jessica Alba is quite certainly SLE and I would't say she is not femininity incarnated. However I've only met 1-2 such SLE females in my life and the context was pretty limited.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    I don't know about the first two examples .... but Jessica Alba is quite certainly SLE and I would't say she is not femininity incarnated. However I've only met 1-2 such SLE females in my life and the context was pretty limited.
    I guess it's really a matter a perspective. For example, I would never call Madonna ultra-feminine. She looks like she will rip your head off if you fuck up and that to me is not an example of feminine warmth (yeah yeah I know how backwards I sound). She can be polished with her looks, but her persona is very assertively sexual.

Yeah, SLE's like Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr rub me the wrong way. But it's hit or miss - I like Chalsea Handler for some reason.

Really, Jessica Alba is a SLE? She always striked me as incredibly dull, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to her, but I would have sworn she's ESE. Damn, now I have to watch her boring interviews

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica Alba looks like a ball of fluff to me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, male SLE's are fine. Just sleazy sometimes.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I know SLE and LIE and they have a um, strange, relationship. They are acquaintances, not friends. LIE doesn't like SLE. She said to me, "I finally figured out why I don't like him! You and I are rational people and we think things through before we do them. He is so emotional. *rolls eyes* I just don't understand him." Basically, she thinks he is too reactionary, doesn't understand the decisions he makes. He does things based off of his impulses in the moment. I could elaborate more off of this, but not quite sure if I want to (sort of private details entailed). I'll think about it...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Jessica Alba looks like a ball of fluff to me.
    I think she stresses Se-Fe, but for you I´ll find another SLE symbol. https://www.google.de/search?q=keira...w=1188&bih=645

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she stresses Se-Fe, but for you I´ll find another SLE symbol. https://www.google.de/search?q=keira...w=1188&bih=645
    Hmm. I've never felt Kiera Knightley is my dual.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I would accept Aishwarya Rai, Madonna and Jessica Alba as my duals. Most SLE women I have met have been very strong and dominating, even had one who could make me cry even when she was being nice hahah and I don't , usually, cry over anything a woman says to me. I haven't considered any male SLE but I am leaning toward Young Jeezy but he just might be Gamma. *pouts*

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i put jessica alba into my latter category the "ultra feminine, ultra refined"
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx