Thread: Stefan Molyneux

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stefan Molyneux

Is this a Te-SLI or a LSI? I mean Stefan Molyneux, the radio show host, not Elliot Rodger, the subject of the days program....

Last edited by silke; 12-19-2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: updated links

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Is this a Te-SLI or a LSI? I mean Stefan Molyneux, the radio show host, not Elliot Rodger, the subject of the days program....
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwmr1elnxjg
    I think Molyneux is LSI. In this video where he reveals his lymphoma diagnosis, he talks about how good he feels about the perspective he now has on the minor irritations of life, and that he has actually experienced moments of joy. There is no talk of the Si implications, which would seem very important to an SLI. He easily speaks of how "amazingly in love" he is with his listeners, with a fluency in Fe that I have not really observed in my SLI friends.

He is very much like someone I know who I have typed LSI. Careful and thorough in communication, same speech patterns and facial expressions. He looks like someone I would work well with. This video is very revealing, would you care to comment on other IEs that I haven't noticed?
    Last edited by Iris; 06-12-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I think Molyneux is LSI. In this video where he reveals his lymphoma diagnosis, he talks about how good he feels about the perspective he now has on the minor irritations of life, and that he has actually experienced moments of joy. There is no talk of the Si implications, which would seem very important to an SLI. He easily speaks of how "amazingly in love" he is with his listeners, with a fluency in Fe that I have not really observed in my SLI friends.

He is very much like someone I know who I have typed LSI. Careful and thorough in communication, same speech patterns and facial expressions. He looks like someone I would work well with. This video is very revealing, would you care to comment on other IEs that I haven't noticed?
    I think of him being very self-righteous. I think of him as being fearful, I would describe him as risk adverse, security seeking. He is to my mind, he is totally evil. I am completely repelled by him. I find him ghastly.

Listen to him talk about the school shooter. Blaming his dad for being a film director... blaming him for getting a divorce... blaming his step mom for making the boy eat soup. Ghastly. He seems to be obsessed with some kind of attachment issue. He seems like a hater. I consider myself to be LII, very similar to the LSI. I have no attachment issue. I interpret his comments on the Hunger Games Killer as if the boy needed Fi. Yet clearly Elliot wanted Fe. He wanted to be cool, integrated into his peer group and esteemed by them, yet Elliot could not figure out how to do that. He wanted Fe - he wanted his parents to be enthusiastic (Fe) about his future and what he found beautiful and amazing about life. What Elliot wanted in life was to make an impact on his friends. He had no friends so he chose to make an impact on the world at large through murder. That is total Fe. He is just like me. Elliot is like me if I were crazy and filled with hate. Elliot is very LII like - as Robespierre was a mass murderer. Should not an LSI see the same need for Fe in the lad?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post

I haven't watched the wole video, only random parts, but LSI sounds reasonable, much more than SLI. No delta values, in general, seems to emanate from him.

I do not know too much about that guy but I think her's a big libertarian proponent, anarcho-capitalist by the way. That's an economical choice and lifestyle in general which is much more appealing to democratic quadras, making me doubt if LSI. I would also consider LII, specially a very social one. Looking at pictures of him, his smile and facial expressions seem very kind and soft, more in an alpha-style than beta imo, where Fe and emotions are more "intense" or "burning" even when they're less evident (superid-Fe, but still Se valuing). Or even Ti-ILE, due to the fact that he's a bit fast talker; LxIs tend to concentrate more what they're saying, but this seems to be a more unlikely option than LxI.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-12-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elliot is like me if I were crazy and filled with hate. Elliot is very LII like - as Robespierre was a mass murderer.
    Technically, neither Robespierre was nor a LII (in general) would be a mass murdered. Not because they're incapable of big evils, but because hardly a Se PoLR will get his hands dirty. Robespierre killed no one, he sentenced people to death. It's a big difference (in the way of acting, not necessarily in the morality of the action).

If they want to do such things they usually act behind the scenes, with more subtle and indirect methods. The closest think I can conceive in xIIs would be mass poisoning or any form of terrorism, but not shooting or stabbing.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think anybody here understands the theory ... let us make projections that can be proven. Are their any to be made?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think anybody here understands the theory ... let us make projections that can be proven. Are their any to be made?
    Except you maybe?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be modest, I can be grand ...

Anyway, I definitely do not cozy up with Stephan the Canadian libertarian ... in fact he is my image of my own opposing quarta. My first impression of him was he was a gamma LIE. His repulsive energy, his darkness seemed very Te to me. But I tend to see a lot of +Fi in him. If you listen to him, it is all about attachments... it is like he thinks that attachments do all things. He also seems like a technician, not really a theorist. It is like he wants to be an "ethicist." The idea of being an "ethicist" is completely repulsive.

I have never rejected the idea of being a Beta NF. I adopt Alpha NT because none of the types jump out at me, I do not see myself in Delta (Marista claims I am an LSE/SLI !!!)

My honest view of Stephan is that he is an Fe Polr / Te creative.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be modest, I can be grand ...
    If you say so.

Anyway, I definitely do not cozy up with Stephan the Canadian libertarian ... in fact he is my image of my own opposing quarta. My first impression of him was he was a gamma LIE. His repulsive energy, his darkness seemed very Te to me. But I tend to see a lot of +Fi in him. If you listen to him, it is all about attachments... it is like he thinks that attachments do all things. He also seems like a technician, not really a theorist. It is like he wants to be an "ethicist." The idea of being an "ethicist" is completely repulsive.
    Types share characteristics that makes them, to some degree depending on the particular cases, prone to mistypings. It depends on how much the subject is polarized (that is, close to the archetype). As usually people are not black & white, they manifest contradictions. Inside the full rich set of characteristics, if you choose a particular coherent subset it would lead you to one option, but if you select another subset the answer could be different...

In this particular case, I have not watched the whole video (as I said in my post) neither I know too much about this guy. I've paid more attention to his energy levels and the way he speak, more that what he said. Except if the analysis I'm doing is very extensive, I prefer this over functions because the later presupposes that people almost use ego ones (colored by superid). This is a big mistake; if so people from opposite quadras will almost never agree to each other, and this is not what usually happens with reasonable individuals. You can prefer X ideas, but if you are aware that in this case/topic they will not apply or work, you will focus in another ones.

Quasis are quasis for a reason, as an example. If not, why so much doubt in self typings, or why the so called "russian experts" disagree so much between them, sometimes even typing the same people as conflictors???

Gamma LIE is not an unreasonable typing, although Molyneux would have to be a very introvertized one. As I said, his emotions are expressed in a, how to say, positive way?. LIEs are on average optimistic and happy people, by contrast to how betas use to manifest their emotions ("intense", "burning"). I do not see the "darkness" you're talking about, maybe you simply dislike the guy and this feeling could be biasing you.

But something that you never, never has to do is to immediately throw out your quadra someone only because you dislike him. You can dislike even some equals, and alternatively, you can like some conflictors. Statistically this will not be the mst common situation, but it happens.

I have never rejected the idea of being a Beta NF. I adopt Alpha NT because none of the types jump out at me, I do not see myself in Delta (Marista claims I am an LSE/SLI !!!)
    If you are admitting you're not sure about you quadra, how will you associate "someone who you dislike [energy, functions, whatever]" to the opposite one? It does not make much sense.

My personal opinion about you is that you're some kind of IEI. Merry intuitive seems for sure, introverted seems reasonable, and I do not see enough Te on you. Obviously LIIs will have a strong preference for Ti, but they will eventually use Te when they have to. All your analyisis and opinions seems Ti-like but I detect almost no Te in them. Maybe you're confused because many IEIs focus on Ti a lot (much more than SEIs) appearing to be logical instead of ethical. But as I said, that's just my opinion, and not so strong as I have in other people. Like the less unreasonable way I can type you for the moment, if you want.

About Maritsa... her typings are almost limited to "if you're a man and I like you, you're LSE (or SLI); if you're a woman you're SEE". Make your own conclusions.

My honest view of Stephan is that he is an Fe Polr / Te creative.
    You've said LIE, but Fe PoLR are ILIs, not LIEs. And I disagree; maybe LIE, but not ILI. Not enough irrational, quite more Fe expresiveness than in the average ILI.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-12-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That great philosopher gets really frustrated with Ti ponderings which do not relate to the real world. Hence Te base. Likes to talk about IQ which another point towards (gamma) Te. Former entrepreneur. Worked himself to burn out. I think I can give him very heavy diagnostic label: LIE.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been watching him a lot lately. Agreed with Te ego. Given how long winded he is I think he is probably Ti demonstrative, and his particular career choice seems like something an IXTp would like. I wouldn't totally discount Te base though

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He seems to be Fi seeking. LSE/LIE are bit easier for me to see but xLI might work. Workaholic in the past on the other hand speaks for itself for Te base.
    Tries to play a therapist.

I have watched him somewhat. I don't like that he really, really tries to bury Ti to a place where sun wont shine. Not really that interesting.
    He has some agendas which he applies way too much.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 11-26-2015 at 08:26 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after watching more I think he is Te base, particularly LSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

not lse
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI very much a victim (enneagram 6) and his insecurity is one he compensates for with aggression. His orientation is towards ideological the collective (aristocrat), he seems stupid enough to even understand the individualism he things he is advocating. To the contrary individualism amounts to being content with one's interests without a desire to impose one's ideology on others or have others imposing their ideology on him.

He is like a Social Justice Warrior, the repulsive Beta ones - for the dominant quadra it's either their way or the high way. They have a much harder time tolerating differences. Deltas are collectives too but as the normalizing quadra they ignore people who have nothing to do with them.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here he is having some fun which is more stronger on :

Followed by and failure of trusting a person with so clear signs of impulsive decision making:
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Likes to demonstrate his activity, desires to a have a cult run by axioms he makes/decides to follow. Ambition. Little interest in theoretical, analytical content that lives in its own dimension. Society. Shakespeare. Fiction classics (literature).

LSI
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems like an LSE to me.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    He seems like an LSE to me.
    I watch a lot of his videos, although I find him tiresome to listen to for a long time. Definitely not my LSE dual, or indeed anywhere near my quadra (Delta). Feels extroverted, lots of Te. His "The Truth About..." videos, rich in Te facts, particularly draw me in but then his preachy Ni/Fe mix begins to bore me, he shoots some mobilizing Se out (he has a lot of these brief, angry Fe/Se outbursts) and it aggravates me so I stop watching. But I always end up coming back, because I like his Te-related stuff. Oh, and his constant attempts to classify himself as an some sort of God-sent paragon of virtue scream suggestive Fi.

Fairly confident he's my semi-dual. LIE with well-practiced role Fe; maybe a slight Ni sub-type lean but nothing too strong.

EDIT: Since I'm fairly well typed as LSE now, my position on this has changed. See response post below for why I now think he's my LSE identical.
    EDIT 2: Not 100% sure on my type, so ignore the last sentence of the main topic.
    Last edited by AndyW; 12-29-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: New thoughts and updates

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand corrected about his type. Very, very LSE from this monologue at 38 mins 30 secs. His desire to get something out of each class that he can use (Te) and his complaint about not being able to grasp the abstract concepts of political science, describing it all as "moths at a middle distance" (Ni PoLR). He uses Fe situationally (role function) as well to emotionally manipulate. Not sure about subtype or enneagram, though.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's probably LIE.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steven molyverse

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big insight into his personality at 2:07 in this video, which has changed my mind on his sociotype: "One of the things I dedicated myself to in doing this show was to commit to a process rather than a conclusion...to build from first principles a consistent and coherent explanation and prediction of power for the world...all of that means you don't wed your identity to any particular conclusion, which is why when people come with counter-data I'm happy to re-examine, I'm happy to overturn prior conclusions because I'm not ego-identified with conclusions. You could say I'm ego-identified with the process of thinking, but that's a very fluid and responsive and reactive thing that's easy to adapt to new data; in fact it really insists you adapt to new data. So that's my focus." Logical/irrational/process-orientated/farsighted personality. He then goes on to bash rational thinking. Conclusion: mix of Ni/Te in irrational form: ILI (INTp), probably Te-subtype. If I'm wrong on the farsighted aspect, he could also be ILE (ENTp) Ti subtype.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong. Go back to when you thought he was LSE, because that was correct.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, one of his theme is: an intimate relationship is important with the right person. Family. Be a MAN: watch football, eat meat and play sports. His philosophy what he likes to talk about is kind of meh to serious people. Nothing spectacular because he sounds so earthy that anything but delta is a far cry.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Wrong. Go back to when you thought he was LSE, because that was correct.
    You may be right, actually. LSE is also process-orientated, which is the primary thing I got from that video. The focus on studying data to compile a narrative understanding of the world is perhaps more likely Te-base more than creative.