Thread: How often do you get your Life in order?

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How often do you get your Life in order?

I had been making an annual habit in recent years of ensuring that everything, whether it be possessions, the written word, or Life Goals (a somewhat vague thing) was in order. But now oddly when things are as much in order as they've ever been, I feel the need to do this twice a year.

Maybe some of you can't even begin to imagine living that way
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get into grooves where I'm able to become friends with the people around me and successful for long periods of time, that is until I do something new. I'll become efficient, effective, and adaptable at a job or interest that I find fulfilling while being around people that help and stimulate each other on a benevolent level. And that's about the only time things feel in order for me. Worrying about possessions, politics, or Life Goals destroys my desire to do anything; it kind of takes all the fun out of exploring those things, if I'm expected to produce (or worry about) a particular outcome or expectation or perception. And I'm more affected by and concerned with the psychic fluctuations of the people around me to care about those things.

*I'm not sure what you meant by written word, but broadly I decided you meant politics? Or is it giving yourself time to collect your thoughts and ponder everything going on around you? I'm not sure what you mean...

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

By written word I meant sorting documents that you need in order to live, and also burning those that are embarrassing
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I had been making an annual habit in recent years of ensuring that everything, whether it be possessions, the written word, or Life Goals (a somewhat vague thing) was in order. But now oddly when things are as much in order as they've ever been, I feel the need to do this twice a year.

Maybe some of you can't even begin to imagine living that way
    chaos is order, order is chaos.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never? i don't exactly understand what you mean.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    never? i don't exactly understand what you mean.
    i think he's referring to going back and dotting the i's, on things left incomplete in life.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find it hard to write life goals. but maybe that's because they are on my mind in other ways. I remember being in that student organization and one day an alumni girl came in and started talking in a very sentimental way about that wonderful gift that she was given in that organization and that it changed her life so much that she felt that she had to share with the newbies. what she actually wanted us to do was close out eyes for 2-3 minutes (that's a long time) and imagine our weaknesses,then the same for strong points,then the same for what we love,then the same for how we imagine ourselves to be in 3 months (i started doodling and looking around when the rest had their eyes closed at this point. also i wanted to write some farfetched things and worried that someone would see that lul),then the same for 6 months and eventually come up with strong realizations and ways to fulfill our dreams!! ppl seemed inspired and totally into it and i wished i had taken it more seriously myself, because i am not any less ambitious than those kidz

then again, the future and my life route is something that bothers me on an hourly basis but i seem to take action on changing it when the right information or feeling of urgency meet,kind of. actually, i come up with excuses about how what i do now can take me where i want to be, but that is so abstract and not a good enough reason to avoid being more aggressive.

however, i keep making small lists with things that should get done within a few days span and some of them may be including steps for sth bigger! sometimes
    unholy water sanguine addiction

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    By written word I meant sorting documents that you need in order to live
    you don't technically need documents to live
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevjenn View Post
    ppl seemed inspired and totally into it and i wished i had taken it more seriously myself, because i am not any less ambitious than those kidz
    Don't worry, I wouldn't have taken it seriously either. I don't really know how to explain it, but I would have thought anyone who got inspired from something like that to probably be an idiot.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

for the most part i deal with things as they come but ocassionally when i'm really stressed out and just in the mood to sort through things, i do. but i don't think it really matters, cuz theres always fucking something, but it makes me feel more in control and gives me some peace of mind when i'm all in a state.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is in order, so I don't do it.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About once a week. Its sort of become a habit of renewal and coming back to whats important.

Also, the laundry has piled up to high.
    Last edited by wacey; 06-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Every day, week, season and year. I like order. In every day I place things back where they belong. In week I clean to have that in order. I clean out my cloaet of unused things and take invantory of see what gifts I have to give and annually to get ridbof unwanted things