TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Inconsiderably Finite Indefinite Socionics Test

2017 edit:
    The latest version of this test can be found here.

There's a discussion thread here.

The Splendid Socionics Test 3.0

I've finally finished editing this (hopefully).

If there are flaws with formatting, presentation etc. or errors in the questions, please do point them out. There is little that can be done about the verbosity of certain sections of it I don't think, apart from improving appearance somehow.

It may be useful for you to copy and paste your choices to the questions as some sort of record\description of your personality...

It is possible that the nature of the test will limit second-guessing somewhat, although considering that I got 86% and 94% LII on my initial + refined tests in 2010, I suspect it will be of little use to me, really (and perhaps not just because I know the scoring )

2016 edit:
    If I link you to this thread, it is because I currently consider it the most reliable way of "me" typing you: although of course the test is self-reporting and also, I only put the test together. I consider self-typing via such an analysis to be the most reliable method of determining your type, for most people, and do not consider my subjective impressions, (especially of people I do not know very well), to be so useful.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 10-29-2017 at 07:59 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The Romantic (IEI)

39% ILE, 45% LII, 36% ESE, 60% SEI, 36% SLE, 43% LSI, 61% EIE, 85% IEI, 50% SEE, 56% ESI, 37% LIE, 58% ILI, 50% IEE, 59% EII, 17% LSE and 38% SLI!c

On the revised quiz I made a choice on a couple of questions I could not decide on the first time.

The Romantic (IEI)

53% ILE, 53% LII, 41% ESE, 57% SEI, 53% SLE, 49% LSI, 76% EIE, 93% IEI,
    53% SEE, 50% ESI, 43% LIE, 62% ILI, 54% IEE, 50% EII, 13% LSE and 24% SLI!

IEIs perceive, process, and produce information concerning trends and patterns over time most intensively. They constantly and inadvertently make judgments, assessments, and assumptions about relationships based on what they see as recurring trends from past behavior.

They tend to understand the underlying dynamics of situations, people, etc., but may not be able to readily verbalize these insights since they are so internal and conceptual. IEIs are very imaginative people who tend to be mystical and dreamy. Their gentle demeanor does not cast them as particularly rebellious, but their obscure desires are often a far cry from those of the typical person.

IEIs interact most favorably with SLEs
    (For a more complete description, go to: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEI

Last edited by Aylen; 06-06-2014 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Added revised test results

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your test calls me EIE, the bastard

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have to worry about the degree the two temperament questions affect\skew things...together they influence about 20% of the total points I think. But alternatively, perhaps they are not weighted highly enough!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Enterpriser (LIE)

28% ILE, 30% LII, 40% ESE, 18% SEI, 43% SLE, 45% LSI, 48% EIE, 25% IEI,
    58% SEE,58% ESI, 82% LIE, 62% ILI, 43% IEE, 40% EII, 72% LSE and 48% SLI!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Going through the test, I get the feeling that the best questions are those that have lengthy options...the ones that come from wikisocion Model A descriptions. May be something to build on\refine.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I have to worry about the degree the two temperament questions affect\skew things...together they influence about 20% of the total points I think. But alternatively, perhaps they are not weighted highly enough!
    As stupid as it sounds, I still don't totally "get" temperaments. I mean, I understand them in theory, but in practice things get blurry. For example, at first I was sure about IP, but my line of reasoning was very questionable: lazy as hell->IP . Now I'm wondering: If I really take a look at myself, I'm constantly "ready", even when I'm browsing the internet for example. I bounce my leg nervously all the time, I'm fidgety, kinda anxious, always thinking about what else I have to do...I just never do all these things .I get bursts of energy every half an hour and just nervously walk around the apartment or start dancing. But I'm somehow much more poised and calmer in public, otherwise people would think I'm crazy. But there's still always present inner tension and leg-bouncing.

Wth kinda temperament is that? Is that IP? Nervous, anxious, can't relax on the inside, doesn't do anything proactive on the outside Oh, and I walk extremely fast and want to murder people who walk (or do basic things) slowly . And don't want to go to sleep even though I'm half dead because there's so many interesting things to read and see, even if that means I will only sleep two hours (every day it's the same story). @Subteigh, you have to help me here

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

sounds dynamic and more IP than EJ, although the bit about wanting to murder people sounds more EJ

I got those descriptions from here: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...IP_temperament

edit: actually, maybe it's more EJ...I dunno
    edit2: I think it was the "doesn't do anything proactive on the outside" that throws me

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Observer (ILI)

39% ILE, 59% LII, 19% ESE, 44% SEI, 30% SLE, 50% LSI, 27% EIE, 55% IEI, 39% SEE, 57% ESI, 52% LIE, 77% ILI, 46% IEE, 63% EII, 43% LSE and 69% SLI!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Guardian (ESI)
    25% ILE, 55% LII, 43% ESE, 48% SEI, 33% SLE, 63% LSI, 25% EIE, 32% IEI, 44% SEE, 74% ESI, 36% LIE, 46% ILI, 37% IEE, 63% EII, 57% LSE and 61% SLI!

i like what you decided on for the color scheme : )

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    As stupid as it sounds, I still don't totally "get" temperaments. I mean, I understand them in theory, but in practice things get blurry. For example, at first I was sure about IP, but my line of reasoning was very questionable: lazy as hell->IP . Now I'm wondering: If I really take a look at myself, I'm constantly "ready", even when I'm browsing the internet for example. I bounce my leg nervously all the time, I'm fidgety, kinda anxious, always thinking about what else I have to do...I just never do all these things .I get bursts of energy every half an hour and just nervously walk around the apartment or start dancing. But I'm somehow much more poised and calmer in public, otherwise people would think I'm crazy. But there's still always present inner tension and leg-bouncing.

Wth kinda temperament is that? Is that IP? Nervous, anxious, can't relax on the inside, doesn't do anything proactive on the outside Oh, and I walk extremely fast and want to murder people who walk (or do basic things) slowly . And don't want to go to sleep even though I'm half dead because there's so many interesting things to read and see, even if that means I will only sleep two hours (every day it's the same story). @Subteigh, you have to help me here
    Hello, twin.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

sounds dynamic and more IP than EJ, although the bit about wanting to murder people sounds more EJ

I got those descriptions from here: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...IP_temperament

edit: actually, maybe it's more EJ...I dunno
    Hahaha, you're not of much help my friend I'm kidding, thanks for the effort. Yeah, I can't decide either...

Anyway, here are my results

The Mentor (EIE)

59% ILE, 43% LII, 46% ESE, 38% SEI, 59% SLE, 38% LSI, 71% EIE, 63% IEI, 55% SEE, 34% ESI, 58% LIE, 45% ILI, 58% IEE, 39% EII, 35% LSE and 25% SLI!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

46% ILE, 64% LII, 44% ESE, 45% SEI, 17% SLE, 28% LSI, 44% EIE, 48% IEI, 41% SEE, 52% ESI, 42% LIE, 48% ILI, 74% IEE, 83% EII, 44% LSE and 48% SLI!

...oh, fairly pleased with that, I was worried that my early answers were going to give me Alpha NT...specifically LII of course. I guess try to answer best you can...which includes answering "I can't decide" etc. if relevant!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

seems like it has the same problem as most other socionics type tests have with distinguishing kindreds (e.g. ILI <-> IEI, ESI <-> EII, etc.)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I didn't think this would happen, but I feel like I'm already going to have to do a Refined version, with maybe just the Model A questions...I may try two versions, one that also includes the temperament questions and one that dumps them. Not sure if there is sufficient material for more Model A questions but I'll give that a try too.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Hello, twin.
    Oh my, maybe I should have listened to not so few people who typed me EIE (and someone even precisely EIE-Ni). I can't help myself, I'm super impatient and feel like I have to know my correct type right now. That probably says something about my temperament as well

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't think this would happen, but I feel like I'm already going to have to do a Refined version, with maybe just the Model A questions...I may try two versions, one that also includes the temperament questions and one that dumps them. Not sure if there is sufficient material for more Model A questions but I'll give that a try too.
    Partially it's happening because of subtypes. The base function subtype also pays more attention to their hidden agenda, sometimes to the point that it starts to occlude their creative function. For example IEI-Ni has emphasized Ti h.a. and may test as ILI or LII, an intuitive logical type due to having prominent intuition and logic (Ni/Ti). EII-Fi may test as ESI or SEI due to emphasized ethics and sensing (Fi/Si). If you could devise a question or two for distinguishing over-emphasized hidden agenda from Ego fxns that would solve this problem. Up to date I haven't seen any tests that have fully tackled these subtype differences, thus these kindred mixups.

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed fuck temperaments they dont give you much compared to other stuff and there are much better ways of narrowing things down when typing i think of temperament descriptions as a gimmick use at your own risk
    and i loled at the sleep thing ill do that too ill tell myself dam im sleepy but id rather w/e instead usually involves jerking off but when it doesnt three hours later i will remember how tired i am and feel like shit RIP sleep schedule

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@darya if you don't take into account your temperament answers I'm sure you'd have got IEI, so this IS the sole issue ...a score of IEI that would probably otherwise be well-qualified. I just don't know if I should just go ahead and delete those questions from this test (or just do that for my follow up one)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5dolladogsoup View Post
    and i loled at the sleep thing ill do that too ill tell myself dam im sleepy but id rather w/e instead usually involves jerking off but when it doesnt three hours later i will remember how tired i am and feel like shit RIP sleep schedule
    Haha, we 'll sleep when we're dead. It' s always at 6 am when your brains start slowing down and you start getting mad at yourself for being an idiot, and wondering: Should I go to sleep for an hour or not at all? Which of these options will make my complexion more plump and eye circles less disturbing at work "tomorrow"?

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, we 'll sleep when we're dead. It' s always at 6 am when your brains start slowing down and you start getting mad at yourself for being an idiot, and wondering: Should I go to sleep for an hour or not at all? Which of these options will make my complexion more plump and eye circles less disturbing at work "tomorrow"?
    yup

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I decided to get rid of these three questions:

Which do you feel you lack most often?
    Information
    Energy
    Which of these four descriptions best describes you?
    I am calm, balanced and inert; I am unflappable; I may appear passive-aggressive; I usually have a very stable mood; I am more reactive than active; I have little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity.
    I am proactive; I am restless; I find it difficult to relax unless tired; I am 'calmly energetic' with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day; I am inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods.
    I am relaxed; I 'go-with-the-flow'; I find it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy; I have little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods.
    I am flexible; I am mobile; I am impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them; I am inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods.
    Which of these four descriptions best describes you?
    I see reality as continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. I have my own views of how reality should be which inclines me to be quick to take action to make sure they are sustained or to ensure they are achieved, before adverse change can get too far.
    I see reality as continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. I am soothed by this and have a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and to adapt to them.
    I perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt leaps from one state to another. I am bothered by the lack of change, leading me into sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought.
    I perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt leaps from one state to another. I draw inner stability from stable reality as it makes me confident that things will remain as they are despite minor disturbances. Periods of great upheaval are very disturbing and make me anxious that things will settle down one way or the other soon enough.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I felt this test was repetitive. Even online tests tend to get my type right, but this one didn't. The way it judged the answers was poor. It should instead have given dichotomies a percentage and judged type based on which dichotomies were highest.
    http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/t...-1&var_IEI=-17
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 07-04-2014 at 09:37 AM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    seems like it has the same problem as most other socionics type tests have with distinguishing kindreds (e.g. ILI <-> IEI, ESI <-> EII, etc.)
    please get off my nuts with this constant passive aggressive bullshit.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I decided to get rid of these three questions:
    why?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your result for The Splendid Socionics Test 3.0 ...

The Psychologist (IEE)
    55% ILE, 46% LII, 34% ESE, 23% SEI, 32% SLE, 19% LSI, 42% EIE, 30% IEI, 53% SEE, 33% ESI, 67% LIE, 58% ILI, 74% IEE, 67% EII, 59% LSE and 50% SLI!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The Observer (ILI)

67% ILE, 63% LII, 23% ESE, 38% SEI, 63% SLE, 67% LSI, 57% EIE, 76% IEI, 40% SEE, 39% ESI, 65% LIE, 77% ILI, 39% IEE, 40% EII, 30% LSE and 43% SLI!

Okay...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answered "I relate to none of the above statements, or cannot decide between them" to most questions. I liked your previous tests much better.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    The Observer (ILI)

67% ILE, 63% LII, 23% ESE, 38% SEI, 63% SLE, 67% LSI, 57% EIE, 76% IEI, 40% SEE, 39% ESI, 65% LIE, 77% ILI, 39% IEE, 40% EII, 30% LSE and 43% SLI!

Okay...
    Too close to call.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Too close to call.
    Sooooo TRUE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And the last time haha, it's a difficult test @Subteigh

The Mentor (EIE)

64% ILE, 56% LII, 54% ESE, 47% SEI, 60% SLE, 45% LSI, 93% EIE, 89% IEI, 50% SEE, 39% ESI, 56% LIE, 49% ILI, 55% IEE, 44% EII, 17% LSE and 11% SLI!

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Enterpriser (LIE)

http://www.helloquizzy.com/results/t...I=8&var_IEI=-5

53% ILE, 57% LII, 38% ESE, 32% SEI, 44% SLE, 44% LSI, 59% EIE, 48% IEI, 49% SEE, 53% ESI, 71% LIE, 62% ILI, 60% IEE, 63% EII, 52% LSE and 41% SLI!

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

The Romantic (IEI)
    59% ILE, 43% LII, 59% ESE, 61% SEI, 50% SLE, 40% LSI, 60% EIE, 70% IEI, 64% SEE, 48% ESI, 43% LIE, 48% ILI, 60% IEE, 53% EII, 33% LSE and 40% SLI!

The Observer (ILI)
    60% ILE, 52% LII, 26% ESE, 40% SEI, 50% SLE, 43% LSI, 46% EIE, 68% IEI, 54% SEE, 44% ESI, 60% LIE, 78% ILI, 64% IEE, 53% EII, 38% LSE and 54% SLI!

D=

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Splendid Socionics Test 3.0

I've revised the test somewhat and am now sick to death with it.

I bought the two temperament questions back: I think together they account for about 11% of the range of a type's scoring (so at the extremes, they would affect your result by 22% of the full range). If you dislike those questions, just ignore them.

The test looks really aesthetically unappealing to me right now...in terms of pages of blocks of text, and even the styling of the quote marks.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Empath (EII)

51% ILE, 70% LII, 24% ESE, 53% SEI, 26% SLE, 45% LSI, 32% EIE, 62% IEI, 38% SEE, 58% ESI, 47% LIE, 68% ILI, 63% IEE, 83% EII, 38% LSE and 60% SLI!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Just for the sake of my own curiosity...I added up my scores to try and get an "MBTI score"...it will be rough if only partly because the test indirectly pushes up introversion, intuition values etc. through the temperament questions...

I'd be:
    65.06% I
    58.19% N
    50.49% F
    51.47% P

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE, but apparently some kind of weird monstrosity or something.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Seeker (ILE)
    76% ILE, 66% LII, 39% ESE, 56% SEI, 62% SLE, 51% LSI, 45% EIE, 63% IEI, 40% SEE, 32% ESI, 47% LIE, 61% ILI, 46% IEE, 47% EII, 40% LSE and 47% SLI!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Seeker (ILE)

80% ILE
    77% LII
    63% ESE
    62% EIE
    56% LSE
    54% LIE
    52% SLE
    51% EII
    47% SEI
    42% IEE
    40% IEI
    40% SLI
    38% LSI
    33% ILI
    23% SEE
    20% ESI

ILE Distribution
    You scored 80% on ILE, higher than 99% of your peers.

LII Distribution
    You scored 77% on LII, higher than 98% of your peers.

ESE Distribution
    You scored 63% on ESE, higher than 99% of your peers.

EIE Distribution
    You scored 62% on EIE, higher than 87% of your peers.

LSE Distribution
    You scored 56% on LSE, higher than 88% of your peers.

LIE Distribution
    You scored 54% on LIE, higher than 81% of your peers.

SLE Distribution
    You scored 52% on SLE, higher than 80% of your peers.

EII Distribution
    You scored 51% on EII, higher than 53% of your peers.

SEI Distribution
    You scored 47% on SEI, higher than 45% of your peers.

IEE Distribution
    You scored 42% on IEE, higher than 20% of your peers.

IEI Distribution
    You scored 40% on IEI, higher than 10% of your peers.

SLI Distribution
    You scored 40% on SLI, higher than 20% of your peers.

LSI Distribution
    You scored 38% on LSI, higher than 21% of your peers.

ILI Distribution
    You scored 33% on ILI, higher than 2% of your peers.

SEE Distribution
    You scored 23% on SEE, higher than 3% of your peers.

ESI Distribution
    You scored 20% on ESI, higher than 1% of your peers.

Looks like a pretty good indicator. Thank you, SubT!
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast