Thread: Elliot rodger

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elliot rodger

Your point of view ? Delta thread for discussing the phenomen.

Some random thought of what I thing about E.R :

Personnally things like MRA, mgtow or the Elliot rodger spree type of action speak to the ressentfull part of myself. The part I'm fighting in myself, but that I don't have 100% forgotten since it can bring some truth sometime. I can't ignore that there is perhaps some Eliot rodger part inside of me. I can understand the way of thinking of E.R. I can understand how his ressentment lead to these horrible action, I know how it can appear "unfair" when other seem to get all with seemingly not any kind of work while there is "nothing for me" despite effort.I understand the perception of loneliness. I understand too how all the BS like pua, puahate, feminism, mgtow, agressive social hierarchy can lead to how he think.
    What I can't understand in Rodger is that he didn't seem to have any sort of "positive" moral. He seem unable to refrain his ressentiment/hate with consciously valuing for example love at the same time (as love and hate is often two part of the same thing) : it would have lead him to question his desire to kill, and find perhaps a more valuable attitude. He was hating girl to the point of murdering random ppl, but he wasnt able to think a bit more deeply about it for being able to understand that this hate come from a past idea of (or real) love, and he could have forgotten his desire of vengeance in order to retrieve a more positive feeling toward girl (whatever the benefit - whatever he will be able to get laid or not with this attitude - a "love attitude" is more valuable than hate even if you don't feel this attitude can lead to accomplishment of desire)
    Too, he was oblivious to social relationship (getting expensive car nice brushair and defining himself as alpha male only from superficial possession/attitude while the simple fact he can't get laid would have lead him to understand he's not what he think in his system of thought), and he was in an uncomprehensible unlimited ego trip (I'm the alpha male god retribution kill ect ect ect) - In a sense this is almost poetic - At the end he killed perhaps because he felt the truth coming and that his ego will not be able to keep his self together (the truth > his system of thought being really wrong and oblivious to facts)

<sidenote>
    But there is other kind of idiots :
    - some feminist trying to benefit from the drama interpreting all stuff wrong without any empathic ability (while probably wanting other being empathic to their cause)
    - some Anti-gun guys who quickly blame all on the gun possession/NRA problem not knowing anything about the real subject
    - some morally superior idiots quickly blaming E.R while trying to forget the question "what if I've a part of this guy in myself"
    - etc there is probably other I don't wan't to aggravate my mood with thinking about them
    </sidenote>
    Last edited by noid; 06-05-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- Maurice Chapelain

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear cut case of NPD.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see him having the typical illumination/pseudo moral narcissist have. He just unable to connect with reality.
    For him, his idea are more like some "truth" than ego inflating dick waving lies.
    From an outside perspective, the result is almost the same, thought

-- Maurice Chapelain

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    I don't see him having the typical illumination/pseudo moral narcissist have. He just unable to connect with reality.
    inability to connect with reality, experiencing rage attacks and emotional breakdowns when that reality catches up, is one of the symptoms of NPD:

"Narcissists operate from an image they hold of themselves in their mind. They do not operate from the reality of feelings in their body. This does not mean they do not feel. It means their feelings are generated by what they believe about themselves and others in their head. They do not “test” these beliefs through “real” interactions with people. Because they froze the ability to feel at a young age, they never have the opportunity to correct the picture they hold of themselves in their mind.

When the narcissist is confronted with a reality of who they are and that differs from their mental picture, they discount the information. If the information persists or gets stronger they will rage at the information or the informer."

and that's what happened with elliot - his image of himself as god-like and divine was in constant clash with the reality that surrounded him, which included rejection as part of typical interaction with his peers and family, and this made him very bitter and angry until the day that he reached a breaking point

this is from his manifesto:

"I am Elliot Rodger… Magnificent, glorious, supreme, eminent… Divine! I am the closest thing there is to a living god. Humanity is a disgusting, depraved, and evil species. It is my purpose to punish them all."

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    For him, his idea are more like some "truth" than ego inflating dick waving lies.
    From an outside perspective, the result is almost the same, thought
    in his manifesto he actually did propose creation of a new government with himself as the supreme ruler, in charge of every aspect of society, including a "fanatically loyal" army and concentration camps - it doesn't get any more ego stroking than this:

"In order carry this out, there must exist a new and powerful type of government, under the control of one divine ruler, such as myself. The ruler that establishes this new order would have complete control over every aspect of society, in order to direct it towards a good and pure place. At the disposal of this government, there needs to be a highly trained army of fanatically loyal troops, in order to enforce such revolutionary laws."

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sooner people stop talking about this the happier i will be.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- Maurice Chapelain