Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 91

Thread: IEIs-INFps enneagram type 9

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Exclamation IEIs-INFps enneagram type 9

    How does an enneagram 9 type influence the way IEI characteristics manifest? Compared to 4s or others.

  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    something like Gandhi . I actually think Jung (suspected IEI by the nature of his works) is E5, not E9.

  3. #3
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm gandhi, eh? Any other examples? Maybe more contemporary?

  4. #4
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  5. #5
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @GuavaDrunk types as E9 IEI.

    i also think, Kurt Vonnegut was an IEI E9 (even though some people typed him ILE).

  6. #6
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    it strikes me that the person i'm thinking of usually sees positive potential in people a way associated with delta nfs more typically. i think with delta nfs its attributed to +Fi and Ne, right? but this person is Fe-IEI.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    it strikes me that the person i'm thinking of usually sees positive potential in people a way associated with delta nfs more typically. i think with delta nfs its attributed to +Fi and Ne, right? but this person is Fe-IEI.
    Both EIIs and IEIs are positivists, so it's possible.

  8. #8
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Both EIIs and IEIs are positivists, so it's possible.
    yeah, but E4 will dwell on negative emotions and impressions and will be selfishly absorbed in their own desires, fears, and webs of uniqueness. E 9 will likely have some more abstract ideals (less narrowly personal) and will have increased diplomatic abilities. As members of the positive outlook triad, they tend to focus on beneficial and constructive experiences, they dislike conflict and morbidity. I've only known one IEI 9 chick irl. She was cool, but a bit on the passive side. I sometimes had the impression that getting along with people had precedence over having some definite opinions of her own.

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    The person I'm thinking of seems to have a very high morbidity tolerance.

  10. #10
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why does this thread have an exclamation point in front of it?

    I THOUGHT E9s ARE PRETTY MELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    yeah, but E4 will dwell on negative emotions and impressions and will be selfishly absorbed in their own desires, fears, and webs of uniqueness. E 9 will likely have some more abstract ideals (less narrowly personal) and will have increased diplomatic abilities. As members of the positive outlook triad, they tend to focus on beneficial and constructive experiences, they dislike conflict and morbidity. I've only known one IEI 9 chick irl. She was cool, but a bit on the passive side. I sometimes had the impression that getting along with people had precedence over having some definite opinions of her own.
    Do you reckon the Ni subtype could correlate with E4, and the Fe subtype with E9?

  12. #12
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hit the exclamation point on accident on my phone. but if it makes ppl click on the thread and answer thats cool

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Why does this thread have an exclamation point in front of it?

    I THOUGHT E9s ARE PRETTY MELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's there to warn the E6s of danger. Otherwise, it's just the thread pointing out its uniqueness, E4 style.

  14. #14
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,127
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Do you reckon the Ni subtype could correlate with E4, and the Fe subtype with E9?
    Most IEI-Fe i've met have been 4's.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Most IEI-Fe i've met have been 4's.
    What about IEI E5s?

  16. #16
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    It's there to warn the E6s of danger. Otherwise, it's just the thread pointing out its uniqueness, E4 style.
    EEEKKK I'M E6!!!!!!!!!! U GUYZ I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  17. #17
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Most IEI-Fe i've met have been 4's.
    Definitely, in my experience this has been the case. I have only known a couple irl though.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  18. #18
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,127
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    What about IEI E5s?
    They're rare. Doubt i've met one. E5 would inherently devalue the skill of Fe(You don't use it, you lose it), and seems more fitting for an ILI.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  19. #19
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,024
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could see Bergman possibly being a 9w1, if not a 4w5.


  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Definitely, in my experience this has been the case. I have only known a couple irl though.
    Which subtype are you, @Aylen?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    They're rare. Doubt i've met one. E5 would inherently devalue the skill of Fe(You don't use it, you lose it), and seems more fitting for an ILI.
    I'm possibly a candidate, but that's because I use tons of Ti as well as Ni. Always have. Fe came later.

  22. #22
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Which subtype are you, @Aylen?
    My quizzes never give me a subtype. this was my last one.

    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/12862

    I don't know how to read the percentages of strengths and values or really what they mean.

    I am thinking the % means there is not enough of a difference to subtype me.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  23. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My quizzes never give me a subtype. this was my last one.

    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/12862

    I don't know how to read the percentages of strengths and values or really what they mean.

    I am thinking the % means there is not enough of a difference to subtype me.
    Neither do I. It seems you're quite balanced on the IEI scale. I generally come up Ni, but the description is nothing like me. I am probably most like the description for EIE-Ni. But then again, I've never seen myself as an extrovert.

  24. #24
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,906
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    What about IEI E5s?
    Most famous one off the top of my head I got would be Kurt Cobain at Fe-IEI 5w4.

  25. #25
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Neither do I. It seems you're quite balanced on the IEI scale. I generally come up Ni, but the description is nothing like me. I am probably most like the description for EIE-Ni. But then again, I've never seen myself as an extrovert.
    If I were to describe myself I could include a lot of the EIE description but I am not an extrovert either. An introvert usually knows they are an introvert even when they appear extroverted it is something "different". I can't explain it.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Most famous one off the top of my head I got would be Kurt Cobain at Fe-IEI 5w4.
    Not 4w5, then? I thought he was all about the emotion.

  27. #27
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Neither do I. It seems you're quite balanced on the IEI scale. I generally come up Ni, but the description is nothing like me. I am probably most like the description for EIE-Ni. But then again, I've never seen myself as an extrovert.
    I don't know what the averages are but it looks like I am high on the ignoring and demonstrative.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  28. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If I were to describe myself I could include a lot of the EIE description but I am not an extrovert either. An introvert usually knows they are an introvert even when they appear extroverted it is something "different". I can't explain it.
    I know. When introverts try their hands at being extroverted, the effect is just over-the-top, without the naturalness of the Extroverts.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I don't know what the averages are but it looks like I am high on the ignoring and demonstrative.
    Ne and Fi?
    What does demonstrative Fi look like, anyway?

  30. #30
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I know. When introverts try their hands at being extroverted, the effect is just over-the-top, without the naturalness of the Extroverts.
    Mmhmm., it usually involves dancing on tables and other shenanigans.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  31. #31
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Ne and Fi?
    What does demonstrative Fi look like, anyway?
    I guess I use it to make fun of people. I am a terrible human being.

    8. Demonstrative Function

    A person uses this element mainly as a kind of game, or to ridicule those who he thinks take it too seriously. They often intentionally go against its conventional usage simply to prove a point in favor of their creative function. However, this function is used quite often in private, to produce information of its element to support their creative function when focusing on making contact with the external world.A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's worldview.- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/f....u9oQagak.dpuf

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  32. #32
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    so...bout those iei 9s...

  33. #33
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,906
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Not 4w5, then? I thought he was all about the emotion.
    Emotion breathing life into lyrics that suggest a more removed approach, and I recall him making lyrics assembled out of truisms in the alt-rock scene, bohemia, etc., purposely arranged in contradictory manners; subtle humor, sarcasm, especially in the Bleach album; looking in the heavy rock world, my closest comparison for IEI E4 would be Jonathan Davis from Korn, and the difference is enormous.

  34. #34
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,892
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have 9 in my tritype. I would say it gives me a stronger conscience and need to right a wrong. It helps me realize when I need to seek some inner peace and make amends. It gives me a wider perceptive on human nature and curbs the impulse to judge negatively and be self-absorbed.. I can shift into the nine profile easily when my heart or intuition is telling me something needs to be balanced.

    Edit: It does fuel my spiritual side.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  35. #35
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Do you reckon the Ni subtype could correlate with E4, and the Fe subtype with E9?
    in my (not very rich) experience with IEIs Fe subtype has been more dramatic and manipulative, especially if Sx. Theoretically I see how the two could be correlated, but dunno ... Fe subtype ime has been quite far from the Wikisocion IEI-Fe The Diplomat :-??.

  36. #36
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    I'm possibly a candidate, but that's because I use tons of Ti as well as Ni. Always have. Fe came later.
    wait. you're a IEI? That dude in the pic looks kind of SEI or SLI.

  37. #37
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Not 4w5, then? I thought he was all about the emotion.
    Cobain is texbook IEI-Fe E 4w5 , but Woolfie has his own favorites

  38. #38
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,614
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought martrix looked iei. Shrug

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Emotion breathing life into lyrics that suggest a more removed approach, and I recall him making lyrics assembled out of truisms in the alt-rock scene, bohemia, etc., purposely arranged in contradictory manners; subtle humor, sarcasm, especially in the Bleach album; looking in the heavy rock world, my closest comparison for IEI E4 would be Jonathan Davis from Korn, and the difference is enormous.
    There difference is enormous. I agree. I'm still thinking it could be the difference of 4w5 and 4w3, though.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    wait. you're a IEI? That dude in the pic looks kind of SEI or SLI.
    Really? An Si-dom? What gave you that impression?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •