Thread: PoLR and Movies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PoLR and Movies

While watching movies, have you noticed any particular types of scenes that regularly cause you to engage in some avoidant reaction (like frequently pausing the movie, looking away, or distracting yourself in some manner)? What types of scenes? How do you react?

For myself, they're F type scenes (I'll expand on this later, once I've figured out how to word it [or someone else does]), and I react by frequently pausing (usually with some laughter to release what is probably stress/tension produced by the scene) and often doing something else for a really short period of time (eg, a short walk to one room or another and back) during the pause (or in this case, typing up this post [which is a longer break than normal]). (As a note, the reactions are only this strong when watching by myself - when others are around, I don't pause the movie frequently [of course], and kind of force myself through the scene)
    INTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I turn away from love scenes or any other scenes where two or more people are expressing a strong emotional bond between each other.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The final several minutes of Umberto D, which is one of the greatest movies I enjoyed recently, was painful to watch.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anything sappy or meant to cause sadness (lifetime, for example) is irritating to me and I find it pretty worthless
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-pokeball

I wll switch a channel if something is too embarassing (or will soon be a total distaster) for the person the attention is focused on. Also, as we have discussed before, I will avoid looking at surgeries on RL people. However, I am a huge fan of bad horror movies. Fake violence doesnt phase me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torture scenes. I don't mind watching surgeries or people getting killed (no matter how bad it is), but I hate to see someone experience pain when they don't even die/pass out in the middle of the pain. (even dying would be a good thing when it's physical torture). (Si?)

And I hate the really embarrassing scenes that make me want to stop watching (Fe hits?) or the ones where people ruin their life because of some stupid momentary idea. Like Juliet (Romeo and Juliet), what a stupid bitch. Killing herself because she's having a bad day... Or did Romeo kill himself first?... Stupid bastard. They shouldn't have at least waited a week to decide something that influences their entire life. Not like they were in a hurry. Besides, they should know (as any good catholic knows), that suicide is the shortcut to hell. I would have at least postponed getting there. (NJ, commented though Se perspective)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Besides, they should know (as any good catholic knows), that suicide is the shortcut to hell.
    Err...

Anyway. If I'm with my parents I don't like romantic/sex scenes because I'm sure that when they see them they're gonna ask me about the girl I'm dating and I'm gonna reply spitting acid to them.

With friends, high-tension moments of horror movies can be pretty distressing to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love scenes and fighting scenes. I feel awkward during love scenes and I'm bored to tears during fight scenes.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I wll switch a channel if something is too embarassing (or will soon be a total distaster) for the person the attention is focused on.
    Same.
    Hmm yeah I do that too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, long action scenes. I just zone out.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

[quote="Jadae"]I wll switch a channel if something is too embarassing (or will soon be a total distaster) for the person the attention is focused on. quote]

Me too

And I can handle a lot of gorey things, but I can't watch breast implates or nose jobs.