Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your stories and experiences with LSIs/ISTjs

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever play Final Fantasy 8? Squall Leonheart? Kind of like that.

Usually on the terse side.

I like ISTjs a lot, because I get along with them, and see a lot myself in them, even though I know I'm a lot more intutive and theoretical, thinking about the future and my visions of. They feel, to me, like brothers, or cousins, sort of.

One ISTj I know is my uncle, and he's generally quiet. Pushes his son in sports. Slightly demanding of others around him, but cares for them too. He works as some sort of environmental consultant or something like that, I don't remember.

Very serious persona. Nags with his wife (INFj, likely), a little bit.

His wife is my aunt, and her father is also ISTj (my grandfather).

These two ISTjs are very much a like, though originally I thought my g-father was INTj. The difference is that the ISTj is more focused on the here and now, more practical things. I'm more focused on the here and now in the future (and how to get there). But my grandfather was really, really smart. Totally into "do it yourself". He's married to an ENFj, and the bicker all the time. Check this link out. That is essentially how it is with them. Again, I thought my grandfather was an INTj T subtype because he was really reticent and stuff, but once I learned more about ISTjs it was clear.

In general, what this dual pair is distinguished by is a certain 'aristocracy' and isolation from others, a complicated emotional life and fidelity to the sense of duty. One more mutual requirement of these types to each other: be prudent in your actions! For them 'imprudent' means 'not one of us', for they strive to avoid any uncertainty.
    (From the link). This was really true in my experience, and should be kept note of when dealing with the ISTj, too. If you are smart and wise around him, he will think more highly of you and give you more approval or leinency, or perhaps be slightly more generous, than if someone is doing stupid things all the time.

If you look like an unstable person, or someone who is not of good character or whatever -- not reliable, or very inconsistent --- then you probably will have a hard time getting close or getting to know the ISTj.

Kind of think of Mr. Darcy a little, too. (Though I wonder about his type. He defintely seems like MBTI INTJ, though --- improving the mind through reading literature, etc etc...). But keep in mind Mr. Darcy. Proud, reserved, watching others character, etc. Think of an ISFj, but colder, and more a T type.

That's all I got right now. Feel free to correct stuffs, though.

PS: I like this description, too http://socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/index-rels.html
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine that you wouldn't find a lot of ISTjs on a forum like this. They probably would rather be "doing something"
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated this guy and couldn't for the life of me figure out a type. ESFp didn't quite fit, but it was my best guess. Then he tested ISTP on an MBTI test and said the description fit okay. Looking at the functions, ISTj seems to fit him better... but I haven't seen him in a long time so I'm not totally sure. Illusionary seems perfect for the relationship though. It was euphoric at first, but pretty much the day we moved in together things got really shitty. Several break ups followed.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You thought an ISTj was ESFp?

?

Maybe he was just one messed up muthafucker, as they say.

I dated this guy and couldn't for the life of me figure out a type
    Sometimes that means that they are not psychologically well developed. I would avoid those people........ hmm........ ........ actually, I am beginning to see where that ESFp comment came from now.....

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't seen him for years before I knew of socionics, and my memories of that period in time are rather vague.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. Upon reading his myspace, ISTj is sounding less likely. I think I'm gonna go post a type thread about him.
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is an ISTj, a conflictor. He is a good man, a very strong figure. Very smart he is extremely good at handling money. He is the most serious person i have ever met. You drop a cup, he will frown in your direction. Bang a plate he will say "what the hell was that" really loud. Im just used to it now. With his friends he laughs and really lets go it seems. Drank a lot of beer when he was younger. I have never seen him cry, he doesn't really ever sook. He builds in the house and as described is very practical. He has a sharp mind.

I remember one occasion when i was about 7, when i went down to the oval to kick a football with him. He got frustrated as i was kicking it wrong and he left me and walked home. That did wonders for my sporting confidence. I ended up being decent at football without him and was successful at Martial Arts as well. Try having your conflictor as your maths tutor for enjoyable Slaps to your POLR.

He probablly sounds like a demon, but he has a good heart. He even makes my lunch in the morning for me to take to work still lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I'm ISTJ -- if there's any way I can contribute to this thread, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    If you look like an unstable person, or someone who is not of good character or whatever -- not reliable, or very inconsistent --- then you probably will have a hard time getting close or getting to know the ISTj.
    best advice ever regarding ISTjs. it could probably also be applied to types in general.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that a pretty-emo-boy like Squall's anything like an ISTj. More Fp than Tj.

I loved that game, never got around to finishing it though.
    Do it! Unlocking Squall's final is a blast.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I highly doubt that a pretty-emo-boy like Squall's anything like an ISTj. More Fp than Tj.

Don't forget, he was a 17 year old kid. types can get fucky around that age... (as in WTF is this emotion shit?)

PS: excuse my language recently. I'm just having a cycle of stuff....

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, there are also ISTjs who will seem VERY sociable... sort of. They will be nice, and maybe even show some sort of F. This, I've seen, is more so with female ISTjs. They can exude a sociability, and a confidence. But still keep in mind Darcy, sort of. It is all in a very aristocratic way, sort if.

One ISTj I know clings to religion, as she is saved. She is very openly sociable, and knows her stuff. She's got her principles down, and they are solid. She likes evaluating stuff, and she has a good heart, but she is definitely structured and solid in her thought.

Suprisingly, this one hides a hidden insecurity, likely from a 'troubled' past. She has a "Griever", so to say (for anyone who's played FF8). But there is no emo-kid to her, and there is no Fp or anything like that. She is so devoted to religion, and uses it as her crucible to judge all things against, but it is a result of something that happened a long time ago. So it is her way of shifting, pivoting against reality to create a more comfortable existence. Not that such is specific to any type, but more this individual's example of it.

Now, another ISTj female I know was just a workaholic, and was a tough SOB - no one fucked with her. Did not talk about herself very much, or the past, but was secretly emotional about things. Very, very reserved. But a complete ISTj, and NOT an F type. Very aristocratic nature again.

Now, the third ISTj female, one I met in HS, was again very similar. She, however, had a lot of money. She wasn't directly aristocratic, as she was sociable, but there was still an 'aritocratic air'. Very well dressed (all of the ISTjs were well dressed, and had a senst of style --- more so the females). But definitely , despite being decently sociable. This one basically described her thoughts of 'creativity' to me in the same way that my hardcore ISTj grandfather did. This female ISTj praised me for being able to be creative about things --- well, no, actually what she recognized was my with my . The way I could talk, with logic, but from varied and expanded perspectives. This one was very good with science, though, with logics. LIkely will be an engineer or something like that (like my aforementioned grandfather was).

ISTjs generally have amazing work ethics. Very solid people. Indeed, they often live up to a title I saw in one socionics profile, of "being the most rational of the types".

They are not usually very creative though (Sj), and generally do not great aspirtations. But this is where I am not so sure about things..... I know someone said Max Robi (the INTj model), was ISTj, but none of the one's I've ever been around seemed to have any great aspirtations, or at least revolutionary. They are Sj, and want to help the commmunity and what not, but I do not think they would challenge the status quo. They would rather work within it, or at what they could. ISTjs strike me as very, very conservative people, and would much rather do something that would have very reliable payoffs.

Max Rob. might have been well dressed, but when I go out and am being visble, I dress well too --- anyone can really understand the logic of dressing to impress, even if they don't like to. Now, I don't know a lot about Max Rob., but the point I am trying to make is that ISTjs do not strike me as having revolutionary aspirations, or really, even political or influential aspirations. Not that they could not, or do not have the capabilities........ but, none of the one's I've ever come across as having that 'revolutionary esssence' to them.

To close, I will just say that I don't think I've ever met an ISTj that I didn't like

Creepy-pokeball

The one I know is highly social. Sometimes she will not shut up and it gets on my nerves because it overloads me with too many things that I will be expected to recall later. I can memorize a lot but not that much in perfect order In her defense, she is very stressed, though. I wonder how she would be if her life was less stressful.

Creepy-pokeball

Another thing to look for is repetition of favored/known subjects.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Don't forget, he was a 17 year old kid. types can get fucky around that age... (as in WTF is this emotion shit?)

PS: excuse my language recently. I'm just having a cycle of stuff....
    Eh, but SO emo? And taciturn? And...shit? I mean...dunno. ISTjs usually are louder during adolescence imho. Np for the language, as long as you don't try to teach people morals
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your real life experiences and anecdotes with LSIs-ISTjs

My general practitioner is LSI. That dude isn't unfriendly, but he's not friendly either. He's excessively conservative and narrow-minded. I went to him a few number of times in order to resolve my anxiety issue, and despite of repeated he only prescribed me near-placebo treatments, with the excuse of "I don't want to numb you with medicines".

- "Why do you prescribe me such sweets ? When I want sweets, I go to a sweetshop."

- "These are no sweets, these are medicines."

- "For children then ?"

- "No, for adults."

- "of the weaker sex !??"

Those LSI's...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't want you to get addicted to anxiety meds. They can be addicting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He doesn't want you to get addicted to anxiety meds. They can be addicting.
    However I don't give a fuck anymore.

This was an example of anecdote with an LSI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have all reasons to hate LSI's :

http://www.conf-intimes.1k.fr/voir_video.php?num=211

http://www.conf-intimes.1k.fr/voir_video.php?num=106

http://www.conf-intimes.1k.fr/voir_video.php?num=41

http://www.conf-intimes.1k.fr/voir_video.php?num=35

Objectively, LSI is the most hated type. If everyone in the world answered to the "most useless type" poll, I think LSI would be the most chosen type, because almost everyone hates LSI's.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh... Beta STs make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any anecdotes right now, but I wanted to mention that I don't hate ISTjs at all. Actually, if I could, I'd turn all my friends into ISTjs.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I don't have any anecdotes right now, but I wanted to mention that I don't hate ISTjs at all. Actually, if I could, I'd turn all my friends into ISTjs.
    That's cool, because I hate LSI's. You know, Stalin was LSI. Who was Stalin ? One of the worst bastards ever

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nes_Nerd_videos.html

The dude is LSI. Check out, he's really funny.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there were "evil" LIIs in history! I don't know who they were but that doesn't mean they didn't exist! LIIs can be assholes too you know! Rant! Rant! Rant! Rant!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there were "evil" LIIs in history! I don't know who they were but that doesn't mean they didn't exist! LIIs can be assholes too you know! Rant! Rant! Rant! Rant!
    Like Jeffrey Dahmer or the Unabomber. They're still cooler than Stalin.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Like Jeffrey Dahmer or the Unabomber. They're still cooler than Stalin.
    Oh... so they're more cool because they're not LSIs. I see where you're going with this...

The angry video game nerd thinks potatoes are assholes because they're unpredictable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Oh... so they're more cool because they're not LSIs. I see where you're going with this...

The angry video game nerd thinks potatoes are assholes because they're unpredictable.
    What do you find cool in LSI's exactly ?

You know, all LSI's are as empathetic and friendly as this :

or this :

or even this :

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i don't think he is LSI. no LSI would do so much live Si obscenity to a dual's polr.
    Actually, it's obscenity

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, all LSI's are as empathetic and friendly as this :

<insert rock>

or this :

<insert computer>

or even this :

<insert fridge>
    Maybe those items have greater empathy further down than they appear to.

Anyway, I'm empathetic. Others need not be if they don't want to.

Caring about empathy is sufficient.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe those items have greater empathy further down than they appear to.

Anyway, I'm empathetic. Others need not be if they don't want to.

Caring about empathy is sufficient.
    However. Empathy doesn't mean anything to LSI's, because it's like foreign language.

It's pretty much like Jeffrey Dahmer is like Gandhi when compared to LSI's.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However. Empathy doesn't mean anything to LSI's, because it's like foreign language.

It's pretty much like Jeffrey Dahmer is like Gandhi when compared to LSI's.
    Why do you care about empathy, Machintruc?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you care about empathy, Machintruc?
    Because it's something that seems to lack sometimes.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I still don't see how you can think LSIs are devoid of empathy. I also can't see an Fe-dual seeking type not caring about empathy. Well, actually, most people care about empathy.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess he's referring to Ne as empathy... which sort of fits, but I would rather refer to Fi as empathy (as it's the dominant function of the Empath). By that measure neither LIIs nor LSIs are particularly empathetic.

Of course, Fe valuers are liable to refer to Fe as empathy, in which case everyone cares about empathy (because whatever they value, they will call empathy).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I tend to think of Fe as empathy (though not exclusively Fe by any means!).

It works like this.

1. Expression appears on someone else's face.
    2. Information goes into your brain and is interpreted as matching emotion concept.
    3. You begin to feel the emotion (or an echo of it) and your face begins to mirror it in expression. Actually 2 and 3 probably happen simultaneously.

Well, actually it's a lot more complicated than that and probably involves all 8 IM elements. But the part I described is the component that I think has to do with Fe.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right in that LSIs are very rigid, but that doesn't say much about the particular values of an individual. I know LSIs which are complete assholes and others who are truly admirable.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    You're right in that LSIs are very rigid, but that doesn't say much about the particular values of an individual. I know LSIs which are complete assholes and others who are truly admirable.
    I didn't say that assholeness was an LSI thing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably depends on how well you follow the rules, and therefore what their rules are. An LSI who gets the rules wrong would be an asshole - an LSI with admirable rules would be admirable.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My general practitioner is LSI. That dude isn't unfriendly, but he's not friendly either. He's excessively conservative and narrow-minded. I went to him a few number of times in order to resolve my anxiety issue, and despite of repeated he only prescribed me near-placebo treatments, with the excuse of "I don't want to numb you with medicines".

- "Why do you prescribe me such sweets ? When I want sweets, I go to a sweetshop."

- "These are no sweets, these are medicines."

- "For children then ?"

- "No, for adults."

- "of the weaker sex !??"

Those LSI's...
    I think you're a total nutjob (I formed this opinion some time ago with your other threads) - no offence. If it's any consolation, your doctor might be inclined to take that view as well - considering he's an LSI.
    ISTJ

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Of course, Fe valuers are liable to refer to Fe as empathy, in which case everyone cares about empathy (because whatever they value, they will call empathy).
    Yeah.

Yes I tend to think of Fe as empathy (though not exclusively Fe by any means!).

It works like this.

1. Expression appears on someone else's face.
    2. Information goes into your brain and is interpreted as matching emotion concept.
    3. You begin to feel the emotion (or an echo of it) and your face begins to mirror it in expression. Actually 2 and 3 probably happen simultaneously.

Well, actually it's a lot more complicated than that and probably involves all 8 IM elements. But the part I described is the component that I think has to do with Fe.
    You see, I'd never refer to that as "empathy". Which proves the main point.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast