View Poll Results: Is it easy or difficult for you to understand smilexian theory? pick the closest.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • its very easy for me to digest and understand.

3 33.33%
  • i can understand it after a few readings/moderate difficulty.

2 22.22%
  • i think i have the overall gist and its enough for me.

2 22.22%
  • i've tried reading about it several times and gotten frustrated.

3 33.33%
  • i haven't even tried/don't care.

3 33.33%
  • also: i like it

6 66.67%
  • also: i don't like it

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Understanding Smilingeyes and his work

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Understanding Smilingeyes and his work

[Today 10:35 AM] woofwoofl : the -Te ≈ Ashton and +Te ≈ Smilingeyes is a great and evident example I think, especially when comparing Model X to Smilexian Socionics

^^ got me wondering, for self-interested reasons, how many people can understand @Smilingeyes and his theories and whether there is any type correlation. i really struggle with it personally. but that isn't any indicator of its validity and this thread isn't intended to pass any judgment on it or anything. (i suppose i could make a similar thread about ashton?)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't even know who he is nor do i know of his theories.

you dinosaurs and your wierd obsession with the past...you know, one day a meteor might hit this forum and only the baby-giraffe's and other furry mammals will survive, and we'll dance around your bones and wonder why god put them there (hint: to test our faith in socionics) and we'll fight and such.

So, live in the now, enjoy your bone-crushing powers instead of sniffing the behind of other dinosaurs (unless you're into that) and live...LIIIIIVEEEEEEE!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Don't even know who he is nor do i know of his theories.

you dinosaurs and your wierd obsession with the past...you know, one day a meteor might hit this forum and only the baby-giraffe's and other furry mammals will survive, and we'll dance around your bones and wonder why god put them there (hint: to test our faith in socionics) and we'll fight and such.

So, live in the now, enjoy your bone-crushing powers instead of sniffing the behind of other dinosaurs (unless you're into that) and live...LIIIIIVEEEEEEE!
    I miss those good ol'days where there was utter consensus about Karl Marx being ILE, amongst other things....
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I miss those good ol'days where there was utter consensus about Karl Marx being ILE, amongst other things....
    LIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;-)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    LIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ;-)
    Someone has been smoking something strong.... and it is not me!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilex believed that type operated on a spectrum. "Subtypes" aren't exact entities; they're positions on a spectrum which is quite fluid.

An E(N)Tp is closer to an E(N)Fp.
    An EN(T)p is closer to an ES(T)p.

When going in the ENFp direction, the Reinin dichotomies shared between ENFp and ENTp gain strength; the Reinin dichotomies shared between ESTp and ENTp lose strength.

ILE and IEE share: Tactical · Carefree · judicious
    ILE and SLE share: Yielding · Constructivist · Merry

You can describe Creative by the dichotomies SLE and ILE share.
    You can describe Base by the dichotomies IEE and ILE share.

Which subtype you are ( Ne or Ti ) depends on which dichotomies you're using. Subtype switching and type switching is allowed if you go too far in one direction. A person can travel along his whole temperament ring throughout his life. That's the gist of it.

Since you can use the Reinin dichotomies as a stand-in for functions, you can make other systems to describe subtypes that aren't restricted to temperament rings. Model B[ * ] makes the claim that the first function is shared between illusionaries while the second element is shared between semi-duals.

Example:

ILE and IEI both have +Ne / -Ni in the ego block
    ILE and SLI both have +Te / -Ti in the ego block.

+Ne / -Ni is really just another way of saying "all the dichotomies shared by ILEs and IEIs" etc.

[ * ] Bukalov and hitta both use the name Model B to describe their models.. which are totally different.