Thread: Ni/Se vs Ne/Si

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Ni/Se vs Ne/Si

Okay, so I'm in the zenith of confusion concerning this topic at the moment. I'm almost on the verge of giving up researching on typology and so subsequently, my identity (a year long journey) and considering the option of coming back a few years later because I believe I might be too young to fully comprehend this theory. My indecision is rendering me insane.

What are the primary differences between introverted intuition and extroverted intuition? And how do they work in tandem with extroverted sensing and introverted sensing respectively? I would prefer explanations which utilize metaphors or anecdotes rather than mere definitions, but ultimately, the choice is yours.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I did a really recent write-up here, and kaboom:

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Ne/Si A homeostatic equilibrium, all that is sensate being in one boundless and all-expansive space; the boundaries would be subdivided by notions of the essential, the innate. If you hold your hand as perfectly still as possible, the micro-movements will now become evident; move your hand, make the movement itself have a sense of constance, a flow, and the micro-movements will no longer be visible. A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Se/Ni A more compartmentalized take on the sensate, an awareness of contents that is based on the pieces moreso that a gestalt notion of pieces that blurs out the pieces themselves; all of this is more conducive to having the individual components move in some coordinated way. A road works at its best when all cars drive in the same direction at the same rate of speed; too much variance in speed and direction between cars will inevitably lead to collision, which will, at the very least, render the road and the cars momentarily useless.
    I did quadra cycles here, hope this all helps
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no point reading about stuff like Object dynamics or statics. Instead just look at the effects of the functions on behaviour. Se has a very Alpha male boistrous presence, Si has a very relaxed, comfort seeking vibe, Ni is very sage like and inverted Obiwan like, Ne is very hectic and scattered presence

Would you have trouble sleeping in an uncomfortable bed if you have to go to the washroom a little? If yes Si
    Do you feel weird if your hands get dirty or greasy and want to clean them off before continuing work? If yes Si
    Do you tend to try not to disturb objects, such as degrading something more or dirtying it? Yes Probably Si
    Do you dislike aggression, constant direct orders and have procrastination issues? If yes Si/Ne
    Do you have lots of hobbies, and cycle through them on a weekly or monthly basis instead of sticking with them long term? if yes Ne/si

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, after a considerable amount of research, I've arrived at the conclusion that I'm an Ne/Si valuer. Now, the question is, how do I differentiate Fi/Te and Ti/Fe?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing View Post
    Alright, after a considerable amount of research, I've arrived at the conclusion that I'm an Ne/Si valuer. Now, the question is, how do I differentiate Fi/Te and Ti/Fe?
    Still wondering what hte previous big think was...

A good test to KNOW if you're Se/Ni is wether or not you find me annoying in shoutbox

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post

A good test to KNOW if you're Se/Ni is wether or not you find me annoying in shoutbox
    Please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing View Post
    in brief, Fi/Te : your private feelings about how external objects are organized
    Ti/Fe : the logical relationship between things and their external emotional confirmation

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night clubs and big events are scary? Fi favoring
    Don't like loud parties and keeping everyone in a group happy? Fi favoring
    Get called selfish and inconsiderate a lot? Ti favoring
    Want to connect with people deeply and share really intense personal details? Fi lol

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is like a spiderweb.
    Ni is like a line of train tracks.
    Si is like a cozy blanket.
    Se is like a clenched fist.
    Fe is like a Broadway musical.
    Fi is like a longstanding grudge.
    Te is like a textbook.
    Ti is like a MacGyver solution.
    Last edited by Whoobie77; 05-28-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post

Nonsense, I think you're alright ;]
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    Want to connect with people deeply and share really intense personal details? Fi lol
    I absolutely agree with the first one.

I also agree with the second one but I occasionally do tend to keep everyone in a group happy... now that I think about it, even that is for my own personal benefit. For example, a few days ago there was a social gathering where I and some distant friends were watching a movie. I would continually ascertain whether everyone was in a tranquil and good mood. Why? Because I did not want a conflict to happen and interrupt my enjoyment of the movie. Especially since I was in a room with a bunch of kids who would get into fights about seating arrangement. So in the end, I only tried to maintain harmony for me. Otherwise, I actually like observing conflict. It's interesting to see how the conflict would play out and how the participants in the conflict would end up at the end.

This is rather curious. My friends would call me polite and amicable, a nice guy. However, my family, particularly my father, often call me out for being rude and insensitive. My father once even remarked that I see people as objects and not human beings (which is somewhat true...) and don't care about their feelings.

Depends. Only with friends that are really close to me, though. But then, when I do get an opportunity to connect with people, I feel awkward. I rarely let my emotions show, though. People have even called me impassive and robotic. I'm the last person anyone would expect to initiate or participate in a hug. I actually find such displays of affection annoying. I have never cried in public (although, I cry a fair amount in private) and I speak like Spock or Jesse Eisenberg, depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    in brief, Fi/Te : your private feelings about how external objects are organized
    Ti/Fe : the logical relationship between things and their external emotional confirmation
    I don't know... I can identify with both.

Although, I can often be rude and insensitive but not on purpose.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-28-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the nightclub thing because I have a friend who is an Fi-dom (INFj to be exact), and he's always asking me if I want to go.
    Maybe Ni first would make the experience unpleasant because of the effect on loud noise and lights on the mental equilibrium.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Those are tricky and not always relevant, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Those are tricky and not always relevant, unfortunately.
    How do you feel about nightclubs and the like?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my eii friend & i go to the nightclub often. i think its probably not type related.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know whether this is related to type, but I'll mention it anyway.
    I often feel like I don't have any opinions. For example, I was reading a YouTube comment where someone was ranting about something in the video and I thought, "Yeah... he has a point, I agree..." and then I read another reply which completely contradicts the point of the first comment and I think, "This makes sense too... I can see it from that perspective". People might praise me for being open-minded but this lack of having original opinions or inability to stick with one frustrates me. I'm just taking in external information. Similarly, my behavior can often be contradictory. Maybe that explains my fascination with paradoxes.

I absolutely abominate people who can't accept different opinions. The kind who think what they think is right for everyone.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    How do you feel about nightclubs and the like?
    Depends. I would say, nightclubs are OK if it's an organized event with friends, we stay between us and are having fun together.
    So loud parties in this context => yes.
    Going out for hooking up as many do: no thanks.

For the like events, an example, there is the annual club party at the gym where I go since almost a year at least 3/week.
    I won't go there as it stresses me out, I do not know people enough.
    Besides, when I am there for exercising, it's like to go to the library, I do my thing and am not really willing to socialize.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might have already been answered for the OP.

But something that really stuck out for me in an analogous way was that Ne/Si(the judicious quadras) are the quadras that are more fit for civilized society, and Se/Ni(the decisive quadras) are the quadras more fit for primitive society.

Se makes more enemies than any other type, as it has the most amount of presence and likes to alpha male the place up with it's presence. But in the Jungle, they are the gorillas that eat the largest portions of meat, because they'll puff their chest even if it's not smart too.

Ni doesn't think like most people do, and that sets them apart from society in a way that essentially overrides the natural caution and foresight that would keep them out of trouble/danger. In a primitive setting,

Ni keeps Se alive... which is damn near essential for the Se(who's always 'bout that life) and the Se stops Ni from dying, allowing for it bigger portions in its meat intake due to it's chest puffing. This is all metaphorical of course.

Akin to Machiavelli's metaphor, Se is the Lion; Ni is the fox.

Ne has the shrewdness typical of N's but doesn't have to dwelve inside to see it. Ne fits society well because they pick up whats between the lines in the world around them. Where Ni will miss something obvious if its never seen it before, Ne can pick up the hidden pattern innately. In a society, where advancement and new situations are common place, this is much more valuable to Ni. But, In a primitive setting, it's not as valuable because of the consistency of re-emerging patterns. Ni might be able to tell from an eye twitch that Gorilla A is thinking about killing you, because it has seen it before and knows. Ne can get lost in Potentialities and possibilities and not give the right train of thought enough attention. Ni fixates on a probability and sticks with that tangent.

Si, well is something harder to explain for me. Si knows what the effect of what they do will be on another person, or how an action might result. Of all the types i would say they have the capability of being the smoothest. There's social skills inherent in this aspect, as most appear down to earth. In a Society this is wonderful. They naturally enjoy mundane or simple pleasures more than any other aspect, which is bountiful in society and rare in a primitive one. In a primitive society there's less merit in Si than Se(Force), but Se stunts its long term growth in Society whereas Si continually trucks along.

Fe/Ti and Te/Fi are easy.

When Fe smiles they become more perceptive. They are looking out at you and reading you're reactions. When Fi smiles, they are happy. E*I is especially prone to not showing emotion. *EE will do the Fe thing in an over exagerrated form and tease in areas regarding the topic.

Te will talk in the form of facts. Alot of people will disagree with the notion and say its limiting/false but i absolutely see it. They bring up evidence. Factoids outside themselves that prove what they are talking about or certainties of a situation in general. "I walk to the store on tuesdays because the clerk sells me slurpees for free". (Also Se talks in observation, usually an action inherent in the statement, don't confuse the two I.E. "I will kick your ass") Ti is more internal due to the introverted aspect. They reason in their head and appeal to sense. "Why would you think it was ok to tell the stripper that he had a girlfriend back home? Are you stupid?" The topic of that sentence isnt the fact of what you did, it was that you're an idiot for saying that, a logical conclusion, but totally internal. All Analysis(see Ti) is internal.

TL;DR
    Se is loud(mostly EP) and obnoxious, and sometimes a total idiot.
    Ni is withdrawn and spaced out, and say cryptic things.
    Ne/Si are the other guys.

Ti feels comfortable around laughter and shows of approval
    Fe expresses themself and laughs comfortably.
    Te feels wary around very expressive and laughy people.
    Fi will tell you(or someone else) why you're a bad person.

----------------------------------------------------

Alpha is the most welcoming quadra
    Beta is the quadra that welcomes you, but your status in the group is pretty based pretty much on initial impression and you really only go down from there. They shit talk openly and for fun but if they really Shit on You, your status within the group takes a nose dive.
    Gamma is the least welcoming quadra
    Delta is a quadra that sort of welcomes you, but your status in the group is pretty much based on how much time you put it and you go based on that. Really Shitting on people is common, and is a means of keeping people from excelling by reminding people why you're horrible, but outright shit talking in the fun sense is kind of rude and discouraged.

Obviously Beta is the best.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the difference between the two is mainly constituted by how wide or narrow one's sense of "realism" is... and correspondingly how comfortable one is to hold an opinion on what is likely to transpire based on the fact that all other options under consideration are eliminated.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like this

http://personalityjunkie.com/10/intr...-intuition-ni/

Something profoundly convulsive…suddenly becomes visible and audible with indescribable definiteness and exactness…There is an ecstasy whose terrific tension is sometimes released by a flood of tears…There is a feeling that one is utterly out of hand…Everything occurs without volition, as if an eruption of freedom, independence, power, and divinity. The spontaneity of the images and similes is most remarkable; one loses all perception of what is imagery and simile; everything offers itself as the most immediate, exact, and simple means of expression.
    yeah... something like that.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Ne is just as useful in primitive society, oh I can use this bone like a club! let's attach a stone and make a spear (some logic but whatevs)!!! Oh lets go find new places to gather berries! Si helps treat injuries and build a safe zone.

Addendum, Fe if valued is a very eruptive emotions. They just flow out of you into the area. Laughter will make you convulse and put a massive smile. Fi is very reserved, a slight smile, emotions won't cause your body to move very much at all. This goes for both L and E types.

Night club thing was just because I have an SLI friend (Fe PoLR) who had panic attacks in night clubs because of all the emotions. It was too extreme for him on the emotional side. He's since dealt with that and finds comfort there.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmagorical View Post
    What are the primary differences between introverted intuition and extroverted intuition? And how do they work in tandem with extroverted sensing and introverted sensing respectively? I would prefer explanations which utilize metaphors or anecdotes rather than mere definitions, but ultimately, the choice is yours.
    Ni has a sense of totality in motion with sense of direction and eventuality.
    Ne is perception of tree of potentiality, range of possibility "contained" in limited object/s somewhat free of particularities, real conditions of environment. Hypotheticals are very much integral.

In range of possibilities Si allows to find yourself. What is really good/fitting for you, what you can achieve and then sustain with comfort.
    Se brings energy and sense of will, control and empowerment in the flows of Ni perspective.

The above is a bit low on metaphors with emphasis on sense (secondary perception, what impression something makes on you, Si) and abstracts.
    I would say metaphors are more of Ni/Se domain, with usually some fairly concrete perceptual that has abstract association behind it.

So metaphors for Ni I would make are: avalanche, glacier, multitudes of strands in messy order, intertwining, going back of and forth but ultimately having common direction (forward) and staying together forming a thick rope.
    Don't want to make metaphor for Ne at the moment.