Thread: Introvert Test

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 get shit on

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5dolladogsoup View Post
    11 get shit on
    So you are the introverted type after all. ILI?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You are highly qualified, have numerous letters after your name, or have done countless training courses. You may have found it hard to do anything with these courses, despite your good intentions when you signed up for them, because this would involve “putting yourself out there” – and you don’t feel ready to do that. It is classic of a gifted introvert that he/she never feels “ready” and needs more training/skills before they will be.
    I wasn't confident enough in my training/skills set to click yes for this one.

YWIMW

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    So you are the introverted type after all. ILI?
    lol fuck that test

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't confident enough in my training/skills set to click yes for this one.
    i didnt click yes their either lol

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"gifted introvert"

what about a "gifted extrovert"? It's implying that just because you're introverted, you are automatically smarter and better at things than an extrovert.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way I got a 10.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I wasn't even paying attention to the gifted part so much. These are mostly traits of the popular use of the word introvert. I really wanted to see how it lines up to socionics types because honestly I see introverted and extroverted people in all the types. At first I was trying to see connections to online behavior. Like are introverts more likely to have their status hidden on forums in general. My most introverted friends irl will log into sites but keep themselves hidden. I do that because I get overwhelmed when people can see me online and sometimes I am not ready to respond to them or whatever. I like to take my time and if my status is showing to everyone I feel like I have to respond. hahah

Other things I notice and it might be biased but this forum seems to have more socionics introverts posting than socionics extroverts but that could be because the internet is a haven for introverts. Personally I swing back and forth in being outgoing and reserved. I am more likely to approach someone who is quieter than me in social situations...not that I am quiet with my friends. I prefer to observe people before putting myself out there when possible. After any social interaction I need to be alone to recharge because I feel exhausted keeping up with the extroverts.

. The trait of extraversion–introversion is a central dimension of human personality theories. The terms introversion andextraversion were first popularized by Carl Jung,[1] although both the popular understanding and psychological age differ from his original intent. Extraversion tends to be manifested in outgoing, talkative, energetic behavior, whereas introversion is manifested in more reserved and solitary behavior.[2] Virtually all comprehensive models of personality include these concepts in various forms. Examples include the Big Five model, Jung's analytical psychology, Hans Eysenck's three-factor model, Raymond Cattell's 16 personality factors, the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, and the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator.Extroversion and introversion are typically viewed as a single continuum. Thus, to be high on one it is necessary to be low on the other. Carl Jung and the authors of the Myers–Briggs provide a different perspective and suggest that everyone has both an extraverted side and an introverted side, with one being more dominant than the other. Rather than focusing on interpersonal behavior, however, Jung defined introversion as an "attitude-type characterised by orientation in life through subjective psychic contents" (focus on one's inner psychic activity); and extraversion as "an attitude type characterised by concentration of interest on the external object" (the outside world).[3]
    In any case, people fluctuate in their behavior all the time, and even extreme introverts and extroverts do not always act according to their type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrave...d_introversion

YWIMW

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these would apply to most people. Beware book sellers.

I got 9 though.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Not a relevant test, as a lot of forer effect.
    Got introvert though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Werd test. Barely 3. The test is racist.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I had an extrovert here take it to see how they would answer. In the context the questions are asked they could not check many boxes although they identified with part of a question. If they did not agree with the whole question they left it blank. They got three as well.

Example:

You are a keen observer. You notice small details that other people generally don’t see like facial expressions, small movements. You have the capacity to read people intuitively or to read energy. Sherlock Holmes was an introvert with an uncanny ability to observe the minutest detail to reveal the “truth”.

He is a keen observer but he laughed at reading people's energy intuitively and left it unchecked.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Not a relevant test, as a lot of forer effect.
    Got introvert though.
    Heh most tests seem to have that effect. The problem may be that people do not get the context of the questions asked or scan them quickly and check yes when it does not actually fit them. I found a known extroverted guinea pig to take it ,and with me to explain it to them, they couldn't check but three. Another example...explains the forer effect too.

You think first before talking. You rarely blurt your thoughts out without editing them. You find it hard to think quickly on your feet. (This is the thing that distinguishes the introvert most from the extrovert who can think on their feet and so can respond more quickly in situations. However extraverts often speak before thinking their ideas through properly.)
    By watching my friends take quizzes I have noticed they will agree to something before understanding and they sort of wing it and somehow end up making sense. That is why I like to take quizzes with people. It helps to get some feedback and clarity before I click, click, click. I have taken so many quizzes though that I have a pretty good honor system within myself and I want an accurate result so I am less likely to agree to something before knowing what I am agreeing to. Sometimes I still rush through them though if I can't be bothered to analyze what is being asked.

Edit: I imagine some people find the term "gifted" annoying but to me it was kind of irrelevant....of course there are gifted extroverts but this test was geared to introverts.

YWIMW

I am an Introvert.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checked every single one; 13

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Didn't feel comfortable enough checking the two boxes that dealt with being academically strong, creative, and qualified. Still a lot of work to do before I will be comfortable checking those boxes.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

you're an introvert if you can be bothered doing that test

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    you're an introvert if you can be bothered doing that test
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenti...ivity_disorder

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An exceptional amount of 2
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ahh, one normal person to have a drink with.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the questions and thought the test was generic and stupid. What does that mean?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I read the questions and thought the test was generic and stupid. What does that mean?
    Nothing

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing
    Just like the meaning of the test's results. Cool.

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    That you have ADHD, too?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    That you have ADHD, too?
    I actually read all the questions smart aleck.

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind ...

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still living the random thought thread I see, chriscorey.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Still living the random thought thread I see, chriscorey.
    *sigh* yeah. I strategically place random thoughts all over the place like a crazy person.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)