I'm an ILI, but I occasionally delude myself into believing that I am actually LII. I've been studying Socionics for about eight years since I happened upon it while researching MBTI during my awkward self discovery phase. Initially, I was drawn to VI because I thought that it would be really nice to be able to categorize and understand people before awkwardly trying to talk to them. Turns out VI is hard, and you can't learn it (if it even works at all) without typing a lot of people the regular way. This means talking to a lot of new people, which is not my forte. I have since lost most of my belief in the effectiveness of VI; I think there are certain people who do match their type's "look," but many people don't.

I've read all the literature (several times over) and have begun to recognize certain types on rare occasion within the first few minutes of meeting them. This doesn't affect how I choose to interact with them, but on occasion it affects whether I choose to interact with them or not.

I've known about the16types for years, but just now decided to join because my individual research can only go so far without direct feedback and interaction from other people who are knowledgeable about socionics. I also recently discovered and joined the World Socionics Society on Facebook.