Thread: What's My Type?

TIM
    Enneagram: 7-4-1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My Type?

Alright folks…. I just joined this forum today so I haven’t had time to read really any of the other posts, but I gather the concept is similar to the “Type Me” forum on cognitivetype.com. Somehow I happened to find their site before yours, and since I had them type me a couple months ago, I have a few videos for your analysis. I've taken personality tests (socionics included) before and am curious to see if things carry over well into visual reading for this theory.

If these videos aren't getting it done, let me know and I can make a video answering your questions, but I’d be shocked if this was not enough material lol. I’ve included video of myself in a variety of situations using an Emotive Epoc EEG device, (in case anyone is interested in Dario Nardi’s “Neuroscience of Personality”). There are also videos of me performing a cold water challenge, interacting with a few other people, playing guitar, playing piano, and of course just talking to the screen about miscellaneous typology nonsense. Choose your favorite weapon and don’t feel like you have to watch them all.

Thanks in advance for any insights!!

Typology Talk (Weating Emotiv)

Typology Talk

Cold water challenge
    Last edited by MINGTN; 05-26-2014 at 03:01 PM.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interaction Video (Wearing Emotiv)

Interaction Video

Playing Guitar (Wearing Emotiv)

Playing Piano (Wearing Emotiv)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

An obsessive type to wear the Emotiv device all the way like that
    Last edited by Persephone; 05-26-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    An obsessive type to wear the Emotiv device all the way like that
    Doubtless... but aren't we all? P.S. which one of my sisters have you been conspiring with?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MINGTN View Post
    Doubtless... but aren't we all? P.S. which one of my sisters have you been conspiring with?
    Since when are you THAT obsessed about typing?

I see you rather Si/Ne than Se/Ni. And Fe over Fi.
    Otherwise, I am a crappy typer, so I leave it to others.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @LostInDreams! I'm inclined to agree with you However, to answer your question, I've really only become interested in psychology within the last year, so I don't have experience on my side... (just obsession haha)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

You seem to be quite extraverted. This leaves ESE (ESFj) or ILE (ENTp).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha extravert. The trick is now finding out whether you have Ne-base or Ne-mobilising (Hidden Agenda). Do you identify well with Ne?

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and there it is... my million dollar question:

How does one distinguish between judgement and perception dominance?

Dario Nardi says my fp2 dominant EEG scans indicate P
    Cognitive Type body language guru's say (insert token body language cue that i apparently show here) indicate J

And socionics.... that remains to be seen...

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Alpha extravert. The trick is now finding out whether you have Ne-base or Ne-mobilising (Hidden Agenda). Do you identify well with Ne?
    I do... but I also identify with Fe pretty well... and Ti to be honest.... not so much Si though it does go hand in hand with Ne...

Just to muddy the waters more Katherine Fauvre typed me as a 7-4-1 tritype

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

WOW a LOT of Fe in your avatar...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do... but I also identify with Fe pretty well... and Ti to be honest.... not so much Si though it does go hand in hand with Ne...

Just to muddy the waters more Katherine Fauvre typed me as a 7-4-1 tritype
    ILE is very likely then. Now two questions I ask all potential ILEs: a) do you have trouble sleeping at night? ... and b) do you purr like a cat when someone brings you food? Both would point to suggestive Si.

That enneagram tritype is interesting as you've 7's disintegration point at 1 as your gut fix.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    WOW a LOT of Fe in your avatar...
    Maybe not Fe so much as Ne.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE is very likely then. Now two questions I ask all potential ILEs: a) do you have trouble sleeping at night? ... and b) do you purr like a cat when someone brings you food? Both would point to suggestive Si.

That enneagram tritype is interesting as you've 7's disintegration point at 1 as your gut fix.
    a) Not even a little bit... I sleep practically on command
    b) I can safely say I've never made a cat noise haha

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe not Fe so much as Ne.
    @LostInDreams

Interestingly.... I've found my smile looks half-ass if I'm not actually happy. The avatar picture is totally framed... I have plenty of candid shots of myself smiling actually (cognitive type wanted them too). If you guys want to see them. I figured the videos might be better than the pictures...

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 3659

Real Smiles
    Youngest -----> Oldest
    Fake Smiles

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LostInDreams

Interestingly.... I've found my smile looks half-ass if I'm not actually happy. The avatar picture is totally framed... I have plenty of candid shots of myself smiling actually (cognitive type wanted them too). If you guys want to see them. I figured the videos might be better than the pictures...
    Videos are always better than pictures when it comes to VI. Observable dynamics of behaviour can only really be studied in video. That's why I'll try and schedule in a watch of your videos tomortow, after some sleep. And it's funny about the sleep thing because I think me and @LostInDreams as Ni doms seem to have more trouble drifting off than most.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Videos are always better than pictures when it comes to VI. Observable dynamics of behaviour can only really be studied in video. That's why I'll try and schedule in a watch of your videos tomortow, after some sleep. And it's funny about the sleep thing because I think me and @LostInDreams as Ni doms seem to have more trouble drifting off than most.
    Thanks for your thoughts! I've often wondered about the sleep thing. I just cant imagine not being able to fall asleep... yet people tell me they have trouble all the time...

Anyhow, hope sleep finds you tonight!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ese
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ese
    thanks @Maritsa! Care to elaborate? Why ESE over ILE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

thanks @Maritsa! Care to elaborate? Why ESE over ILE?
    You emphasize ob emotional interpretation of objective facrs more than throwing out ideas
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now I'm back n forth between IEE and ESE
    -

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You emphasize ob emotional interpretation of objective facrs more than throwing out ideas
    Again Thanks!

So based on the content of what has been provided you are seeing/reading:

More "emotional interpretation of objective facts" - External Feeling
    in the topics I'm discussing and
    Less "throwing out ideas" - External Perception

I'm really new here so I'm still trying to figure out how this theory works... could you help me out?
    Does the body language come into play in socionics or is it mostly just the content?
    Is it the occurrence of Fe "more often" than Ne in a given sample that determines ESE over ILE?
    If not do you mean something different by emphasis? Like is it the WAY I convey emotional judgement compared to the WAY I perceive information...

My read on my own videos being inherently bias, I also have the advantage of knowing what is going on in my head (which I tried to give all of you with an EEG haha), and what I see is a drop out/pause/stutter in my speech. In those brief moments, I am considering both emotional and logical concepts as they relate to upcoming judgement. I would have to say that they are much more emotional judgments outside of the samples from my videos that require specific logical analysis... for example math problems or things like playing cards) What I see on those occasions is a use of brain region F3 only, and everything else goes dark. Its really strange actually, as is the experience. In fact, it makes sense that everything else would be dark because I am literally thinking of nothing besides the logical task at hand. Even when there are other people in the room I tend to not hear what they say when I am in this mode. See the interaction video where I try to create a poker hand for an example of this. I believe this to be Internal Thinking. As an aside, it turns out Dr Nardi agrees with me on this, I asked him to take a look at my vidoes a couple months back as well and he picked up the same thing.

I guess my overall point to that is: this drop out F3 only mode isnt going on all the time... but it occurs SOMEtimes... and it is completely dependent on the situation....

which is why i ask if... "More" is the determining factor..

Because although I have a hard time deciding if I see more Fe than Ne... I could certainly be convinced there is more Fe than Ti... which might be just as important...

anyhow... thanks for any further clarification you can provide!

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to go look up IEE... thats ENFp right? I have to admit... the possibility HAS crossed my mind... somehow i always end up dating ENFps or at least girls who think they are...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your thoughts! I've often wondered about the sleep thing. I just cant imagine not being able to fall asleep... yet people tell me they have trouble all the time...

Anyhow, hope sleep finds you tonight!
    Thanks, it did!

I wouldn't worry too much about the sleep thing ... it must be a myth.

So, I've been watching your videos and I still think Alpha extrovert. You're very expressive and enthusiastic.

Is it the occurrence of Fe "more often" than Ne in a given sample that determines ESE over ILE?
    Yes, however it may be misleading to focus on the apparent emphasis of Fe in your videos, as you are clearly having to introspect throughout.
    On the Ne front, I am seeing a lot of hypothesizing as you try to make sense of the information elements that are more alien to you. You will say "It seems...." and then gesture outward, as though throwing the idea out to the audience. I also see clues which point towards the "asking" style of communication over "declaring", as well as ones which point towards the Pe temperament.

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, however it may be misleading to focus on the apparent emphasis of Fe in your videos, as you are clearly having to introspect throughout.
    On the Ne front, I am seeing a lot of hypothesizing as you try to make sense of the information elements that are more alien to you. You will say "It seems...." and then gesture outward, as though throwing the idea out to the audience. I also see clues which point towards the "asking" style of communication over "declaring", as well as ones which point towards the Pe temperament.
    Thanks so much for the clarification on the J/P socionics philosophy! Having a real hard time finding any articles on the site specifically devoted to identification of Ne compared to Fe. Thought admittedly that's about the ONLY topic I cant seem to track down. There is a LOT of good stuff here. Also the concept of "asking" over "declaring" in communication is one I relate to, though I can see how it would be tough to detect in my body language. Its actually a frustration of mine that often people accuse me of imposing my opinion when all I am really doing is asking them to explain their own. I just want to understand! I think I may come across a bit intense.

I'm not sure this matters either, but I probably should mention that my chosen profession is actually engineering, nothing musical as my videos might suggest. In fact, I've never even had a music lesson. I do however admit that I don't seem to run into many engineers with whom I share personality traits. Dario Nardi suggested that my mathematical training may have contributed to the development of my personality preferences, so that makes me wonder if I've chosen to develop a part of me that otherwise wouldn't have been a strength naturally...

Lastly I came across this "Inventor" description perusing the articles associated with this forum that hits home significantly more so that the much shorter ESFj descriptions. Though I have to admit, part of me thinks there is an unwarranted over-association of "N" personality types with intelligence thanks to what appears to be years of MBTI misrepresentation and oversimplification. For this reason alone, I usually take "story versions" of a personality type with a grain of salt.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Meged-Ovcharov

Again, I really appreciate the input. This Ne/Fe J/P lead question has been driving me nuts for way longer than I should have let it... (obsessed ikr).

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think you're an EP temperament. Isn't E7 reserved for EP's anyway? And I think what we're seeing is Ne not Fe. IEE would be my guess (don't take me too seriously though )

TIM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @darya & @TheSun

Looks like everyone agrees I use Ne in some fashion and that I am an extraverted type. The mind is an interesting place. I do tend to lean more towards either ESFj or ENTp but I wouldn't completely rule out ENFp. ENFp would explain some things I've observed in my brain activity, but it sure makes a mess of others. If you believe there was any merit to Dario Nardi's work the only types that actually do make sense are ENFp ENTp and INTj (INTj = INTP in MBTI correct? Assuming its referenced with a "j" here for the leading judgment function...which makes a ton more sense btw). However, I think its (probably) safe to rule out the introverted possibility.

I suppose ESFj isn't impossible either, but it wouldn't explain anything about my brain activity. High activity in the right half of the prefrontal cortex is pretty much the main theme of my videos. If you read any research on what that area of the brain is used for, it doesn't really scream judgment type... In fact its just the opposite. High activity in the prefrontal in general has been linked to extrovertion (even outside Nardis work).

Anyhow, thanks again for the thoughts... @The Martrix do you think there is any possibility of ENFp?

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for ESE and ILE easiest place to figure this out is probs creative function do you talk alot about interrelationships Ti or are you more concerned with the quality of physical bodies Si from where im standing it seems pretty obvious lol
    or even where youre Fe lies are you somewhat insecure about determining and manipulating how people feel about you or are you comfortable with your abilities in these matters HA Fe v Dom Fe is pretty obvious

now for IEE and ILE i would look at the Fi it seems to have the biggest impact on the lifestyles of the two IEE have lots of sturdy relationship because what they do best is create them Fi creative
    while ILE will have a very hard time creating and keeping such relationships Fi polr
    kinda a cluster fuck but you get the jist right?
    p.s dont let the music fool you into thinking your Si creative your pretty shit
    Last edited by trifling nincompoop; 06-06-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @darya & @TheSun

Looks like everyone agrees I use Ne in some fashion and that I am an extraverted type. The mind is an interesting place. I do tend to lean more towards either ESFj or ENTp but I wouldn't completely rule out ENFp. ENFp would explain some things I've observed in my brain activity, but it sure makes a mess of others. If you believe there was any merit to Dario Nardi's work the only types that actually do make sense are ENFp ENTp and INTj (INTj = INTP in MBTI correct? Assuming its referenced with a "j" here for the leading judgment function...which makes a ton more sense btw). However, I think its (probably) safe to rule out the introverted possibility.

I suppose ESFj isn't impossible either, but it wouldn't explain anything about my brain activity. High activity in the right half of the prefrontal cortex is pretty much the main theme of my videos. If you read any research on what that area of the brain is used for, it doesn't really scream judgment type... In fact its just the opposite. High activity in the prefrontal in general has been linked to extrovertion (even outside Nardis work).

Anyhow, thanks again for the thoughts... @The Martrix do you think there is any possibility of ENFp?
    It's possible, let's see....

ENFps are more social, ENTps less so. That's all I really know about the two types.
    Except.... cognitive styles. I know that ENTps are a causal determinist type, meaning they like to structure their thinking in a logically sequential manner. ENFps are use Holographical Cognition, meaning their thinking is far more holistic, taking any angle it likes, and penetrating all detail and nuance like a scalpel. So, ENTps are structured and would make good inventors. ENFps are more holistic, and would make good journalists. That's just me deducting some meaning from their respective styles of cognition, not me writing out stereotypes...honest!

I do know a little about Fi-PoLR, not so much about Ti-PoLR. So, I'll need to read up a bit more.

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have looked at your mp4 video, my friend, and you look/act startlingly like my ENFJ friend!
    Jesus already saved you from hell by His Atonement (Rom. 4:7), and by His Word, which says that even the unforgivable is forgivable (James 2:13). Not that He made you perfect, since we will always have our "sin nature" (1 John 1:8), but now, both all your sins, and your "sin nature" (pride, anger, lustfulness, etc.), are covered with His Blood and atoned for (Heb. 9:12; 1 John 2:2), since the Blood of Jesus atones for everything it touches. Yes, Jesus took up "sin" of even unbelievers (1 John 2:2), but, we still need to believe these things, and to thank God that we're saved (Luke 17:17-19), to make our faith in this truth alive (James 2:13). Even just a thanks is sufficient, because thanks is also an action. And immediately your living faith will save you!

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are ENFj. I have watched the very first video and this is what became seeming to be: aristocratic (due to how you use functions together, namely you use Te (radio voice) a lot with Ne (trait finding), which indicates aristicracy, because that's how aristiocratic types use functions), negativist (due to how you downplayed things), Ne in the unconscious (due to how you were so keen and natural at finding traits in "yourself", because when the vector is aimed towards ourselves, "us", it's unconcsious, public (collectivist), while when it's towards "you" (one on one, privacy), it's conscious. Your pic is sort of salesmany, which is Te role, and your VI does fit ENFj a lot, based on my experience.
    Jesus already saved you from hell by His Atonement (Rom. 4:7), and by His Word, which says that even the unforgivable is forgivable (James 2:13). Not that He made you perfect, since we will always have our "sin nature" (1 John 1:8), but now, both all your sins, and your "sin nature" (pride, anger, lustfulness, etc.), are covered with His Blood and atoned for (Heb. 9:12; 1 John 2:2), since the Blood of Jesus atones for everything it touches. Yes, Jesus took up "sin" of even unbelievers (1 John 2:2), but, we still need to believe these things, and to thank God that we're saved (Luke 17:17-19), to make our faith in this truth alive (James 2:13). Even just a thanks is sufficient, because thanks is also an action. And immediately your living faith will save you!

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say you are INTj though, because you self-TEST using those diagrams, which is Te unconscious, because testing for logical categories is Te, and vector towards self is unconscious. You VI even more as INTj too, this was even the first type I thought of when I looked at your pic. INTjs have characteristics chinese elongation of eyes to the sides, not -= =- but more _= =_.