Thread: Delta or Alpha?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta or Alpha?

Or to be more specific, am I an ILE or an IEE? Of course, EII and LII are also possibilities but I have reasons to believe that I am perceiving dominant rather than judging. I'm sure I'm an Ne valuer, although oftentimes I've found certain descriptions to be rather odd, especially the likes that talk about how I am supposed to have a tempest of myriad thoughts and ideas running in my head at all times.

Ask me questions. Tell me the differences.

I would especially like to know about the HAs and PoLRs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you say tempest of myriad..?

ideas running..?

oftentimes certain rather..?

i have bad news for you

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I get it. Just ignore the wording of that post. I had been watching a lot of Game of Thrones prior to making this thread and consequently, I kept imagining that I was some guy with a Cockney accent (which somehow entailed that I used fancy combinations of words; I could practically hear my voice saying those words in a fake Cockney accent) and so, I exaggerated the whole thing with a strange case of verbal diarrhea. English is my second language, anyway. Actually, you're not the first one to point out how ridiculous I can get with my usage of words. Usually, people even accuse me of being pompous and the like.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-19-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you type as?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    What do you type as?
    None, as of yet. I'm mainly considering ILE, LII, EII and IEE. Basically, I think I have Ne as an ego function, especially since I think I might possibly have Si as Hidden Agenda or Dual, particularly considering my weird relationship with my health (more often than not, I will completely neglect it but then I will have these occasional phases where I'll become obsessed with it).
    Here's an example.
    I tend to get irritated whenever people tell me that I don't pay much attention to my health. As a matter of fact, there have been times where I would come close to sustaining a minor sickness (such as a headache or a cold) due to my disregard for my health. Hell, I'm typing this with a vague pain behind my eyes because I've been using the computer for the past eleven hours, only pausing to eat (which reminds me, eating alone does not satisfy me, I have to do something else while eating too). There was also this time where my friends and I were hanging out in an extremely cold weather and when most of them started wearing jackets or going inside for cover, I casually ridiculed them for being fragile. And yet, at times, I can be the quintessential health freak. I would devour books on physical fitness, become obsessed about my physical appearance, go on strict diets or suddenly start working out. I can also be extremely paranoid in a way... when being served food. I don't like it when someone talks to me while they serve me food or sits next to me while we eat because for some reason, I get the impression that every time their mouth is opened, the food I'm about to eat is being assaulted by their saliva in the form of spits. I'm the only person I know who does this. Oh and of course, I will either get obsessed with food or completely neglect it.

...And my roommate just took my laptop away after chastising me a little about my health. How coincidental. But I am using my smartphone now.
    Now that I think about it, throughout my life, I have often faced criticism for my nonchalance to my health. All my life. And if it's pertinent, also about my tendency to dress shabbily.

Here's another quirk of mine worthy of note.
    I have a peculiar proclivity for authenticity in certain areas. For example, a music playlist. I like to organize my playlist in a way that each song has the right information, artwork, and sound quality. If someone sends me a song that is entitled "Wrecking Boll" instead of "Wrecking Ball" (just an example, I despise that song), while I would not go to the extent of blatantly refusing to receive the song, I would be slightly disturbed or put off. I might even delete the song just for that slight error.Whenever I detect something that is outlandish or incongruous while playing a game that disrupts the flow of the game, I get an ephemeral sense of discomfort and try to come up with an explanation or back-story, even if it has to be equally or more outlandish, as to why that peculiarity occurred. Everything has to make sense. When I play a game, I have to immerse myself in it, as if I'm genuinely inside that virtual world. Perhaps that's the reason why I'm not too fond of video-game MODs and Create-A-Character modes (I like the idea but not the application, take the Create-A-Wrestler mode for example, I try to create realistic wrestlers as if I'm an actual WWE trainer scouting for talent while my cousin creates Batman and Santa Claus which bugs me, then I try to come up with a story where Batman has turned deranged through years of fighting his arch-nemesis Joker and after slaughtering each and every villain in Gotham, he develops a predilection towards violence and becomes a wrestler to quench his need for physical stimulation; as for Santa Claus, it's just yet another neighborhood Santa Claus who's broke and divorced because his wife does not want him to visit naughty children after night [fears of pedophilia] and he wants to beat people up; eventually both of them bail out when they realize that it's all scripted and create their own Fight Club with Tyler Durden's help).

I think I'm definitely an Ne-Si user of some sort. Se as Role or PoLR makes sense too.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-21-2014 at 02:39 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Ti valuing to me.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    Sounds like Ti valuing to me.
    Interesting. Especially since I was typed as an ethical type on the other thread. He also seemed pretty sure that I was an ethical type. But then again, that was a questionnaire, my mood probably affect my answers. I'm sure if I attempted them now the answers would be different. In this case, anecdotes are more reliable I guess. I'm curious to know the reasoning behind your conclusion.