EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFjs and HA Si

How does it affect you?
    Give examples.

I think about food a lot and what I am going to eat and when.
    I also am very finicky about washing my hands and being clean from germs.
    Getting dressed is a very tedious job; I also want to make sure I'm wearing the right clothes for the day, i.e not too warm or too cool for the weather. Just right.
    It bothers me when my day is not balanced perfectly.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Getting dressed is a very tedious job; I also want to make sure I'm wearing the right clothes for the day, i.e not too warm or too cool for the weather. Just right.
    Relate to none of that.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Relate to none of that.
    Yea that's bec ur not EII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si Ha is not only a function that is "activated" but being an internal function of comfort it relates oddly to food and it's harmony to things where it is way out of wack. That's the best way to describe it. With that let me give examples. When I'm with family and listening to people talk about family values and moral actions my base function is engaged and I'm looking for opportunities to put my two cents and my judgements in my Si is totally disengaged. As in, if I were an Si type I would not assert my moral reactions and oppinions. I would rather look at how things in my environment is making me feel internally. So my Si is not engaged and it's as if it's not around. Now an si type may jump in in my heated moral moment and show me cake...which I normally love and reminds me of comfort and comforted feelings. ...to be continued
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My SLI friend knows or feels me well. She knows how much pressure to apply the ice pack she has to my leg to establish a pleasant sensation in me. She can take care of me in this way. I on the other hand hesitate because I sense others internal harmony and my own poorly. I am much better suited in liatening to people talk, comforting them with calmness, support, and hope.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:04 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys sorta make my Si Role sound healthy. That's not good.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the role of the Hidden Agenda?
    I have some examples of my own. I tend to get irritated whenever people tell me that I don't pay much attention to my health. As a matter of fact, there have been times where I would come close to sustaining a minor sickness (such as a headache or a cold) due to my disregard for my health. Hell, I'm typing this with a vague pain behind my eyes because I've been using the computer for the past eleven hours, only pausing to eat (which reminds me, eating alone does not satisfy me, I have to do something else while eating too). There was also this time where my friends and I were hanging out in an extremely cold weather and when most of them started wearing jackets or going inside for cover, I casually ridiculed them for being fragile. And yet, at times, I can be the quintessential health freak. I would devour books on physical fitness, become obsessed about my physical appearance, go on strict diets or suddenly start working out. I can also be extremely paranoid in a way... when being served food. I don't like it when someone talks to me while they serve me food or sits next to me while we eat because for some reason, I get the impression that every time their mouth is opened, the food I'm about to eat is being assaulted by their saliva in the form of spits. I'm the only person I know who does this. Oh and of course, I will either get obsessed with food or completely neglect it.

...And my roommate just took my laptop away after chastising me a little about my health. How coincidental. But I am using my smartphone now.
    Now that I think about it, throughout my life, I have often faced criticism for my nonchalance to my health. All my life. And if it's pertinent, also about my tendency to dress shabbily.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Si Ha is not only a function that is "activated" but being an internal function of comfort it relates oddly to food and it's harmony to things where it is way out of wack. That's the best way to describe it. With that let me give examples. When I'm with family and listening to people talk about family values and moral actions my base function is engaged and I'm looking for opportunities to put my two cents and my judgements in my Si is totally disengaged. As in, if I were an Si type I would not assert my moral reactions and oppinions. I would rather look at how things in my environment is making me feel internally. So my Si is not engaged and it's as if it's not around. Now an si type may jump in in my heated moral moment and show me cake...which I normally love and reminds me of comfort and comforted feelings. ...to be continued
    Yes, when it is out of wack. This is probably why I am so obsessive about my external atmosphere; because I'm anxious that things are not going right. Yea...this happens sometimes.

My SLI friend knows or feels me well. She knows how much pressure to apply the ice pack she has to my leg to establish a pleasant sensation in me. She can take care of me in this way. I on the other hand hesitate because I sense others internal harmony and my own poorly. I am much better suited in liatening to people talk, comforting them with calmness, support, and hope.
    True I do try hard to do a good Si job, like when I give others a massage, but I don't know if it's really working lol

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I find that I demand very little in terms of material comfort. I require a basic, almost minimalist amount of comfort. I almost never think of how comfortable I am, nor do I seek out new stimuli all that often. This is not really a good thing. I tend to eat the same foods everyday and I suffer from incorrect posture that has taken a toll on my back over the years. The times I am aware of how comfortable I am, it can drive me nuts, like when I finally realize that I'm moody because I'm too hot and then freak out having to take care of it, or because my posture was bad I have an ache that no shifting of position can remedy, so you'll see me shifting my posture around a lot when that happens, almost in desperation.
    Yes I suffer from posture problems too, I don't like to look at myself when I walk because I always look awkward/slouching. And if things are not in order at work, I can totally lose it and start rushing desperately trying to put everything in place. I am terribly unpleasant then, and I avoid people until the work is all done.

I can get a little carried away with germs. Anytime I touch a public door or pump gas I sanitize my hands. I wasn't always this way though. I just realized a couple years ago all the different ways I can collect bacteria and viruses and try avoid getting sick.
    SAME. I saw an add about soap taking 20 seconds to be effective in getting out germs, and since then, I keep soap on my hands for 20 seconds before rinsing, even counting to myself really quickly till 50 just in case I counted too fast... Lol

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing View Post
    What is the role of the Hidden Agenda?
    I have some examples of my own. I tend to get irritated whenever people tell me that I don't pay much attention to my health. As a matter of fact, there have been times where I would come close to sustaining a minor sickness (such as a headache or a cold) due to my disregard for my health. Hell, I'm typing this with a vague pain behind my eyes because I've been using the computer for the past eleven hours, only pausing to eat (which reminds me, eating alone does not satisfy me, I have to do something else while eating too). There was also this time where my friends and I were hanging out in an extremely cold weather and when most of them started wearing jackets or going inside for cover, I casually ridiculed them for being fragile. And yet, at times, I can be the quintessential health freak. I would devour books on physical fitness, become obsessed about my physical appearance, go on strict diets or suddenly start working out. I can also be extremely paranoid in a way... when being served food. I don't like it when someone talks to me while they serve me food or sits next to me while we eat because for some reason, I get the impression that every time their mouth is opened, the food I'm about to eat is being assaulted by their saliva in the form of spits. I'm the only person I know who does this. Oh and of course, I will either get obsessed with food or completely neglect it.

...And my roommate just took my laptop away after chastising me a little about my health. How coincidental. But I am using my smartphone now.
    Now that I think about it, throughout my life, I have often faced criticism for my nonchalance to my health. All my life. And if it's pertinent, also about my tendency to dress shabbily.
    The hidden agenda is where a person bases his confidence of himself on how people see him in this area. He does not have the greatest understanding of it, and so he either overdoes it here or neglects it completely. From my understanding of definitions.
    You can look in other places in order to understand it better. Here's a good one:
    Every person has a hidden agenda. This agenda often governs one's intentions and behaviour. People are often unaware of its origin, but can always feel its significance. Some people are more affected by it than other people. Every type requires an optimal condition in which it can function properly. If such condition does not exist, a person will normally attempt to create it. However, due to the nature of the hidden agenda, if and when the optimal condition is reached, the person will occasionally put themselves in a situation where the stability of this condition is threatened.

There are eight such agendas/optimal conditions:

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    INTp, ISTp => to love

The ability to recognise these hidden agendas in people is quite helpful in type identification. Moreover, these agendas are also directly connected with some personal problems an individual might have.

http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm
    People try to create it if it is not there, there's how we get to being obsessive compulsive with comfort conditions.
    Ha my father, LSE, just came in and said "It's very hot." And he put on my fan. He fixed my external conditions, and did it naturally and without my realizing it was needed.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it affect you?
    Give examples.

The 4 EIIs that I am close to all make sure that they are dressed appropriately for the weather and for the occasion. They are very sensitive to air temperature and humidity and will use air conditioners or heaters to stay comfortable. I am less likely to turn on an a/c or heater, myself. They have a pretty narrow air temp comfort range, too. Even in mild weather, they take a sweater or jacket when they go out, just in case. They care a lot about their feet not hurting and will spend a lot of time finding comfy shoes. The non dualized EIIs are slightly plain and conservative in their style. The dualized ones have a little more flair.

They are all pretty aware of hunger/thirst and take care of it. One of them in particular is very sensitive to how food makes him feel. He also makes himself dizzy if he stands up too fast. He has little personal care routines that he is incapable of changing. He takes the same temperature shower (hot) all year round. In summer, he has to fan himself to cool down, so he doesn't sweat after his shower. As opposed to me - I take a cooler shower if it is hot outside.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Another thing I've noticed is that I can be incredibly focused on details that aren't relevant at the moment, like there are other things that need to be done first, but I'll focus on one aspect and my perfectionism will kick in and I'll spend too much time doing the wrong task. I usually end up doing an excellent job on the wrong task though But maybe that is just weak Te combined with Si HA?
    That's related to Te, that's the function that knows or determins what to do as in the most appropriate immediate action
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The hidden agenda is where a person bases his confidence of himself on how people see him in this area. He does not have the greatest understanding of it, and so he either overdoes it here or neglects it completely. From my understanding of definitions.
    You can look in other places in order to understand it better. Here's a good one:

http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm
    People try to create it if it is not there, there's how we get to being obsessive compulsive with comfort conditions.
    Ha my father, LSE, just came in and said "It's very hot." And he put on my fan. He fixed my external conditions, and did it naturally and without my realizing it was needed.
    That's Si HA OUT OF WACK. You're sitting around in hot weather and your internal sense of comfort is not registering so you continue to sit around in discomfort till someone says it's hot then you either have them fix it or you realize it and rush to fix it for them as to make them feel comfortable too. Great example. And I totally agree
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Continuing. ....Si reads comfort well that of their own and others. Comfort doesn't always relate to just food, clothes ect. To an EII rituals are followed to promote good health. My ritual would be something like routines. Eating what I consider a balanced and healthy meal every meal. This serves as an example to other that I take care of my health which LSE love to see. Being a Ij type I like consistency, routine, ect and HA means that one strives to look this way to others. MYy LSE and ESE cousi s who have to be perfect HA are never happy with their work and often scrutinize it. They may say thing like "I'm not happy with it" or"I should have done this better" to show that HA. However not all EII foollow my routine. Some use their spiritual purity as a sign of health and neglect their physical body to the point of emaciation.
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing. ....Si reads comfort well that of their own and others. Comfort doesn't always relate to just food, clothes ect. To an EII rituals are followed to promote good health. My ritual would be something like routines. Eating what I consider a balanced and healthy meal every meal. This serves as an example to other that I take care of my health which LSE love to see. Being a Ij type I like consistency, routine, ect and HA means that one strives to look this way to others. MYy LSE and ESE cousi s who have to be perfect HA are never happy with their work and often scrutinize it. They may say thing like "I'm not happy with it" or"I should have done this better" to show that HA. However not all EII foollow my routine. Some use their spiritual purity as a sign of health and neglect their physical body to the point of emaciation.

What conclusions about my type would you draw based on the above passage?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like Si polr. Mocking your friends for being cold looks like unvalued Si, as well. Si suggestive could be the case if you like being taken care of. How did you feel when your roommate took away your laptop.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Sounds more like Si polr. Mocking your friends for being cold looks like unvalued Si, as well. Si suggestive could be the case if you like being taken care of. How did you feel when your roommate took away your laptop.
    Irritated. "What does it matter if I don't sleep for a few hours or even a day when I'm researching something so interesting?," was the thought that was predominantly crossing my mind.
    As for the example about mocking my friends, maybe it's because I generally relish the cold weather. A cold atmosphere makes me feel comfortable. But for the most part, I don't pay much attention to the temperature. For example, a few days ago, I insisted on wearing a jacket and jeans in a beach under the hot sun just because I felt good wearing them. In a way, it transcended the discomfort due to the heat.
    But yes, I do like being taken care of at times when I need it, especially when I'm under stress.

I don't know if this is even related to Si, but I'll state it nonetheless. I have a peculiar proclivity for authenticity in certain areas. For example, a music playlist. I like to organize my playlist in a way that each song has the right information, artwork, and sound quality. If someone sends me a song that is entitled "Wrecking Boll" instead of "Wrecking Ball" (just an example, I despise that song), while I would not go to the extent of blatantly refusing to receive the song, I would be slightly disturbed or put off. I might even delete the song just for that slight error.Whenever I detect something that is outlandish or incongruous while playing a game that disrupts the flow of the game, I get an ephemeral sense of discomfort and try to come up with an explanation or back-story, even if it has to be equally or more outlandish, as to why that peculiarity occurred. Everything has to make sense. When I play a game, I have to immerse myself in it, as if I'm genuinely inside that virtual world. Perhaps that's the reason why I'm not too fond of video-game MODs and Create-A-Character modes (I like the idea but not the application, take the Create-A-Wrestler mode for example, I try to create realistic wrestlers as if I'm an actual WWE trainer scouting for talent while my cousin creates Batman and Santa Claus which bugs me, then I try to come up with a story where Batman has turned deranged through years of fighting his arch-nemesis Joker and after slaughtering each and every villain in Gotham, he develops a predilection towards violence and becomes a wrestler to quench his need for physical stimulation; as for Santa Claus, it's just yet another neighborhood Santa Claus who's broke and divorced because his wife does not want him to visit naughty children after night [fears of pedophilia] and he wants to beat people up; eventually both of them bail out when they realize that it's all scripted and create their own Fight Club with Tyler Durden's help).
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-21-2014 at 02:37 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si Ha will find sources and medicinal things yo record or journal it's effectiveness. What you're describing is Si base because Si Ha accepts advice with regard to health and Si base function does not like screwtany from outside source believing that it should determine things with regard to Si on it's own.
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si Ha will find sources and medicinal things yo record or journal it's effectiveness. What you're describing is Si base because Si Ha accepts advice with regard to health and Si base function does not like screwtany from outside source believing that it should determine things with regard to Si on it's own.
    I don't believe I have Si in my ego (and anyway, my example should be taken with a grain of salt, I wasn't in a good mood yesterday and that might have affected my mental faculties). I don't relate to the descriptions of Introverted Sensing (in the ego position) at all, maybe except for the desire for aesthetic pleasures. I don't even understand what my inner states are, and one of my peculiarities is that I find it difficult to appreciate all that is sensory. For example, eating alone does not satisfy me. I have taken to reading a book or browsing the internet while eating. Besides, I think my parents might have been Si valuers and in comparison to them, there's a stark difference. It's discernible. I would expect an Se base to be in tune with his inner physical states and at least attempt to be healthy.

Now that I think about it, your statement about how an Si HA would behave rings true with me. I usually have no idea what to do with my body and that's why I invariably flock to sites like WebMD whenever I suspect an illness. I also have a friend interested in medicine whom I often consult for advice on such matters. This behavior would always irritate my parents, who mistrusted such external sources of information.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't believe I have Si in my ego (and anyway, my example should be taken with a grain of salt, I wasn't in a good mood yesterday and that might have affected my mental faculties). I don't relate to the descriptions of Introverted Sensing (in the ego position) at all, maybe except for the desire for aesthetic pleasures. I don't even understand what my inner states are, and one of my peculiarities is that I find it difficult to appreciate all that is sensory. For example, eating alone does not satisfy me. I have taken to reading a book or browsing the internet while eating. Besides, I think my parents might have been Si valuers and in comparison to them, there's a stark difference. It's discernible. I would expect an Se base to be in tune with his inner physical states and at least attempt to be healthy.

Now that I think about it, your statement about how an Si HA would behave rings true with me. I usually have no idea what to do with my body and that's why I invariably flock to sites like WebMD whenever I suspect an illness. I also have a friend interested in medicine whom I often consult for advice on such matters. This behavior would always irritate my parents, who mistrusted such external sources of information.
    Si is a subjective function meaning that it relates to the things it feels comfortable to. Your reaction to others in your environment and the mood it produces in you alone tells me that you could be Si base because somethings that people say you just don't find to be true about you maybe because they don't know the facts about you bu in any case your internal sense of yourself was effected that prodyced the mood or reaction. Maybe the mood had to do with something not getting resolved to your satisfaction thus creating disharmony.One si may love music and relacing to it and another my love upkeep of a clean environment. It depends on the person's childhood, and society
    -

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do a lot of this out of habit, although I figure the motivations are different.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is a subjective function meaning that it relates to the things it feels comfortable to. Your reaction to others in your environment and the mood it produces in you alone tells me that you could be Si base because somethings that people say you just don't find to be true about you maybe because they don't know the facts about you bu in any case your internal sense of yourself was effected that prodyced the mood or reaction. Maybe the mood had to do with something not getting resolved to your satisfaction thus creating disharmony.One si may love music and relacing to it and another my love upkeep of a clean environment. It depends on the person's childhood, and society
    Maybe... although, it could be just a case of rectifying the context. Besides, I do relate to Si HA when it comes to recording and gathering information related to the Si function. Trust me, I am willing to consider any type at the moment in order to resolve my typological dilemma. This is a lead. But I cannot see myself as an SxI or an Si valuer. Ne ego sounds more accurate. You can consult my questionnaire in the typing thread.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I find that matters are things I might compromise on during periods of stress...I suppose essentially to save energy. But of course it is something that I miss on such occasions and wish I was more naturally able to devote time to and do well

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i want to reply to this thread on principle to entertain the whole ExI thing but i dunno how. i have bad posture too. i'm super bummed when i forget my coffee thermos in the morning. i don't wear high heels because fuck that. i'm always telling myself i should get more sleep or eat more vegetables and then i lack follow through.

it would be easier to talk about my behavior regarding something specific instead of trying to think how Si HA might manifest first and then going from there.

I don't know if this is even related to Si, but I'll state it nonetheless. I have a peculiar proclivity for authenticity in certain areas. For example, a music playlist. I like to organize my playlist in a way that each song has the right information, artwork, and sound quality. If someone sends me a song that is entitled "Wrecking Boll" instead of "Wrecking Ball" (just an example, I despise that song), while I would not go to the extent of blatantly refusing to receive the song, I would be slightly disturbed or put off.
    same ^^

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Health fixations are common with this HA and the intentions are always to be healthy. Great example @Jimmers. I totally agree. What makes that different from SEI though is that it doesn't follow current trends in culture from reflection of those trends through popular culture like "opera says to eat less meat"may lead to a hord of cultural shift in SEI health pattern to eat leas meat. NO the Si HA is consistent more long term and routine like
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To an EII health info is based on facts because EII like objective perameters and reality rather than not trusting those things and going with trends and trust like SEI do. If you trust Opera as an SEI of course you'll do what she thinks is right despite objective facts which an EII would never do as they don't have use for Fe. o
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To an EII health info is based on facts because EII like objective perameters and reality rather than not trusting those things and going with trends and trust like SEI do. If you trust Opera as an SEI of course you'll do what she thinks is right despite objective facts which an EII would never do as they don't have use for Fe. o
    Alright, can you tell me the differences between EII and SEI pertaining to Si? I've been recently recognizing just how much in tune I am with my internal physical state (maybe this can explain why I'm scratching myself all the time) and that I do relish comfort in the intrinsic sense. However, I feel I'm an Ne valuer rather than an Si valuer. As a matter of fact, my experiences with my internal state are usually negative or uncomfortable and I have only been discerning them since the past year or so. I do get those blissful bursts of bodily sensations (Turns out they're due to ASMR and unrelated to type) but rarely, usually when I'm listening to music or watching an exciting movie. I think I'm more in tune with my internal thoughts and sentiments. Also, I don't know if this is a stereotype but Si bases are often said to be pessimistic about the future. I'm quite different. I'm quite optimistic about the future. Talking about the future and speculating is one of my favorite past-times, really.
    Incidentally, I'm 17 years old. Just wondering if age is of any importance.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[Today 03:28 PM] lungs : i don't eat while i poop. that would be uncomfortable
    [Today 03:29 PM] lungs : maybe that's something to put in the infj Si HA thread

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Furthermore, I keep a collection like a journal of medicines and compounds that work for people to get better. For example a cold symptoms can be effectively relieved by taking an anti histamine a decongestant and zink lozenges with food as well as drunking fluids and sleeping a lot. A stomach ulcer may be helped along to heal with a tablespoon of t Aaron hini twice a day. I keep herbal remedies and logs of these. They are not from current trends but from traditions and from what I read about in the news. The motivation and drive is to keep healthyy. My HA has a practical purpose while thoae with Si in ego block do it because it produces some feeling of comfort, fuzzy feelings or sensations.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get a little carried away with germs. Anytime I touch a public door or pump gas I sanitize my hands. I wasn't always this way though. I just realized a couple years ago all the different ways I can collect bacteria and viruses and try avoid getting sick.
    these are the kinds of ways Si-HA manifests in my sister (self-types EII).

she'll be very particular about avoiding certain foods or food combos she'd read about online as being harmful to one's health. She avoids using microwaves because she read once that some people think using them might cause cancer. And on and on and on. She'll also try to get everyone she knows to do the same.

She also, as a hobby, is very into body awareness and is currently training to be a Feldenkrais practictioner. When she practices that stuff on me, though, she does it very nervously and gingerly lol and messes up a lot... it still feels good and relaxing though. Free massage, yay!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it affect you?
    Give examples.

It gives me EII sister neuroses about salmonella and e-coli in food. Everything must be overcooked and horrible. Of course, she thinks it tastes good. It doesn't!

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    The 4 EIIs that I am close to all make sure that they are dressed appropriately for the weather and for the occasion. They are very sensitive to air temperature and humidity and will use air conditioners or heaters to stay comfortable. I am less likely to turn on an a/c or heater, myself. They have a pretty narrow air temp comfort range, too. Even in mild weather, they take a sweater or jacket when they go out, just in case. They care a lot about their feet not hurting and will spend a lot of time finding comfy shoes. The non dualized EIIs are slightly plain and conservative in their style. The dualized ones have a little more flair.
    Why would you say dualized EII's dress with more flair? I like to dress well, yet with modesty. I try to look good no matter being "dualized" or not.
    They are all pretty aware of hunger/thirst and take care of it. One of them in particular is very sensitive to how food makes him feel. He also makes himself dizzy if he stands up too fast. He has little personal care routines that he is incapable of changing. He takes the same temperature shower (hot) all year round. In summer, he has to fan himself to cool down, so he doesn't sweat after his shower. As opposed to me - I take a cooler shower if it is hot outside.
    I also get dizzy if I stand up too fast sometimes- and I even asked others if they have this and they said no. Yea, I am very sensitive to cold water even if it is hot outside; I still need a regular temperature shower. Sometimes, I'll make it cooler because I'm so hot at first, but then I switch it back to my regular temperature water

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok you sound like me a little. I like to eat, but not alone. I need a book or computer to scroll through...I do this a lot. Explains why my computer has crumbs and is a bit stained lol. I noticed that all things that I use are slightly bend or battered such as books that I read or even my furniture that has random smudges of pen and dirt. My shoes always get rubbed and worn after a few weeks of wearing them. When I was young, my mother had to buy me 3 pairs of shoes throughout the school year, and no one else went through that many
    I think you mean Si here?
    I am interested in my inner physical state, but I do not focus on it as much as Si egos. I'd rather be doing more intellectual things, and this makes the food more enjoyable and worthwhile
    Ya when I have chest pain I start having hypochondria and think I am having a heart attack. Especially at night, when I am being irrational, I start to think the worst and imagine myself dying and I become gripped in terror like I'm chocking...it's the worst feeling in the world, yet in the day time it goes away.
    I am also terrified of cockroaches and spiders if this has anything to do with it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok you sound like me a little. I like to eat, but not alone. I need a book or computer to scroll through...I do this a lot. Explains why my computer has crumbs and is a bit stained lol.
    OMG, me three!

I am also terrified of cockroaches and spiders if this has anything to do with it.
    Me three!

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OMG, me three!

Me three!
    U r rude

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U r rude
    I dont understand why you feel that was rude? I just simply said "same here".
    You are weird.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast